Royal Cup Coffee

3.1

Hatton C. V. Smith

great company

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

family oriented, great product, and impressive work environment

Cons

Honestly, none to speak of.

keep it up

Still in limbo I haven't made up my mind of them yet

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None yet I'm sure some will turn up

Cons

Looooong hours. Need more employment in certain areas

Very Bad

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Mableton, GA
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Mableton, GA

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Take company vehicle home daily. Also, company phone.

Cons

Management was bad. General Manager is a complete lier.

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Family Owned Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company and the various employee groups really care about the individual employees and making the work place a great place to work. There is quite a bit of freedom to take a project and own it, even if the project does not directly come from your specific area.

Cons

Being a family owned business, sometimes the pace of progress is not as fast as desired.

Hard work with a lot of responsibility but empowered to wok your territory to take care of your customers.

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Good job to have if just starting out, young and single. You are responsible for managing all aspects of your territory and learn many aspects of running a business. You have the ability to make your own decisions to best serve your customers. You also are selling a great product which you can stand behind.

Cons

Hours are long, especially if working in an area where your the only man in the warehouse. When I say your responsible for everything, I mean everything. You have to run your route, load your truck, order product and keep your warehouse organized. Also you have to follow up on Past-Due collections and some equipment installations and service calls if there no other person available. Your on duty 24/7. It is basically like running your own business but the company provides the truck, warehouse and product which is good but you have so much on your plate all the time that you have very little time for your personal life. Training is OK but in a lot of cases you are "thrown into the fire" or learning as you go.

You produce a great product and you have many people who work for you that are driven to make your company successful and your growth in the last 20 years shows that. Your sales force though needs more support in the field not in more salesmen but support and operations staff. You can sell a customer on a great product and "sensational service" but if you do not have enough bodies in the field to back it up, it means nothing. This is especially true in your newer territories which cover many square miles but staffing is so tight that it is almost impossible to cover it unless you have someone who is truly dedicated but even then, that can lead to burnout. There needs to be a larger service staff in the field to support the routes and middle management that is focused more on the operations of the routes in training, staffing for vacations and other operational areas so that the field sales staff can focus on "selling". Also you need to remove the great disconnect between how headquarters perceives things and how the reality in the field differs.

For a small company -its an Ok place to work. But to much responsiblity in to many areas of business for the money.

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Friendly people for the most part. You have no one breathing down your neck like on some jobs.

Cons

Expectation are a little crazy. To much responsiblity in to many areas of business for the money. Management knows nothing about todays business enivorment. Results poor quility of life situation.

Wake up --- smell the roses---there's a whole new world of young people willing to work out here.
    Show me how youre going to make my life better and I will show you how Im going to help your business.

Good job

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Working with coffee and learning the way to sell effectively.

Cons

Job duties and leadership. Your daily duties include merchandising product from store to store and then selling displays and space where other wine and alcohol companies are trying to sell their products as well. It was an awesome way to start my career off right after college. I'm totally down for working my way up and I realize that no one fresh our of college is going to get much responsibility right out, but to have a job that you could do as a ten year old just was too much.

None...It's all good

I Actually Enjoyed the Responsibility, But Management Needs to Learn A Few Lessons...

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

If you keep up your route, no out of product calls, and minimal service on equipement, it can be a decent job. You work independantly. with little hassle from mgmt, Until you lose an account, then things get a bit interesting. You order all your own product week to week, the whole territory is mostly left up to you to organize and run to keep customers happy.

Cons

Can't say much for Corporate Support, theres is none. Regional Managers put most of the load on District Managers and Territory Managers. If you work fair distance away from Corporate, you are more or less on your own, to handle any problems, Big or small.

You are on call..literally 24/7. And base pay, even with a commission structure, at times doesn't seem worth it. .

You are responsible for field repair of all equipment in your territory. And RC does not offer that much training. You get "thrown to the wolves".. and learn along the way..A big mistake on RCCs part.

Your average day: even with a few equipment calls thrown in for good measure, 9-11 hours. Depending on the way your territory is structured. I have had 12 hours days with that company. And a few longer than that.

A ton of paperwork.

Royal Cup began as a delivery service. Hatton Smith and Bill Smith need to realize the guys in the field make the company go. They may have branched out as of late in retail and online ordering, but the product still has to make it to the buyer. And thats where the TMs come in. And for what I learned with that company, For the guys that make it go in the field, they need to make improvements in duties.

Could be a good job, but too many drawbacks.

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Enough free coffee and tea to drink every month
    Job security: people will always drink coffee

Cons

Basically on call 7 days a week
    Hardly any training using hand-held computer
    You are at the mercy of customers, it's like retail
    Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork
    You have to wear a TIE, sweating in the summer heat?

Teach people how to use the hand-held computer when training at the home office instead of showing movies about poor people picking bushels of coffee in third world countries. Tell customers to order enough coffee for two weeks, if they run out TOO BAD. Inventory control person is Obsessed, will call you and yell at you over $50 worth of coffee. And a tie, you have to wear a tie while delivering coffee?

avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

free coffee and tea, company VAN, company blackberry

Cons

pay was $40k, dangled the carrot of moving up soon but never came through, political, managers have to run routes and put up delivery loads when drivers take vacation, bonuses are hella taxed

think with your head Hatton!

Worked for Royal Cup Coffee? Contribute to the Community!