Royal Mail

Be The First To
Add Photos

Royal Mail CEO Moya M. Greene

Moya M. Greene

Pros
  • Good Benefits, Good Holiday time off (in 5 reviews)

• work life balance , fresh air, nice to be out doors working with the public (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management tend to new employees challenging routes with no guidance (in 5 reviews)

• Delivery managers are pressed to reduce expenditure quite substantially (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

The Best

POSTMAN FULL TIME (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosreally great place to work and people

Consstarting new- may take a while to get the best walks- and poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage with staff

A very satisfying work experience.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Peterborough, England (UK)

ProsThe best thing about Royal Mail are the people who work there. This flows through to an excellent customer service ethic where satisfaction is delivered to the highest order.

ConsSometimes change within the company is to slow, it needs to decide to do something and then just do it!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff sometimes

Brilliant

Mail Sorter (Former Employee) Gateshead, England (UK)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNothing at all everything was perfect

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tiring but nice

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI worked only over the christmas period, the people were lovely and we were allowed to listen to our own music and the like as long as you were paying attention to your surroundings, so I managed to listen to quite a few great lectures while working.

ConsNight-shift and endless sorting of parcels can be tiring when you're standing for hours and lead to back pain, but with a bit of ibuprofen you get used to it.

Very Happy

Training and Development (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsHad some great years there. Pleasure to go work. Felt a part of something special and strong branding.

ConsIt is a big company and you can get lost in the crowd. Many of the staff are frightened to take a risk for fear of losing their job. Sometimes difficult to do things due to funding limitations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI met some great managers and some not so good. Fairly typical of a large employer.

a very satisfying job.

Postman (Former Employee) Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Prosplenty of opportunities for promotion, the ability to move from one area of work to another. able to do shifts and hours to suit your lifestyle.

Conshaving to work unsocial hours, working in all kinds of weather, for instance,rain and snow, very early starts and late finishes.

Advice to Senior Managementremember that the uniformed staff are the faces that the public see, therefore ensure that they are doing their jobs correctly, to keep complaints to a minimum.

Sorting during Xmas holiday while at College

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA friendly team to work with, flexible hours

ConsNo cons, work was enjoyable

Good

ProsGood Pay and good environment

ConsI don't feel any downsides

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Hard

Best manual job

Indoor Postal Grade (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsGreat pay, relaxed working environment, accommodating HR who workhard to ensure your needs are looked after.

ConsWorking hours are anti social, duties were mainly late evening and weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard work and end nepotism in operational management roles.

Superb

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Pros-Since i was in the sorting area the job was really easy
    - The salary was also super good over £6
    - The canteen food were also really nice and affordable
    - There was also computers available which you could surf on your break
    - and since i was in the sorting area i was allowed to listen to music which really made the work more enjoyable as the time went by quickly
    - the managers and the people who worked with me were also really nice and helped me a lot on my first few days
    - you are also allowed to choose where you want to work

Cons- since i worked as an extra in Christmas the job ended after that

Worked for Royal Mail? Contribute to the Community!