Roze Room Hospice

Ranked one of the Best Places to Work

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roze Room Hospice full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for Roze Room Hospice almost 8 years and I know it is a great company. If you are a true professional and want to use your skills to genuinely help people, you are a valuable member of the team. If you are looking for ways to cut corners, you will not be a good fit in this company. Roze Room Hospice believes that high standards of care can be achieved when those who share its mission and goals use their skills wholeheartedly and enthusiastically. You are provided with the tools, benefits and rewards for achieving excellence. Employees are offered opportunities to improve if initially not up to par. The company genuinely wants all its employees to succeed. Roze Room Hospice was just listed by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work, ranking #14 Best Small Company, which is a clear indication about how employees feel working here.

Cons

Must find good work-life balance. But, I must say that all employees are encouraged to find a good work-life balance.

Continue to surround yourself with team members who care and want to contribute to the company's mission and goals.

Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Culver City, CA

I worked at Roze Room Hospice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is an excellent company to work for. I enjoyed the interaction with my team. The management and ownership is composed of true professionals whose hearts are in the right place. Their mission is to help terminally ill patients and their families. While at Roze Room Hospice I felt appreciated and rewarded well. The work is not easy, but that’s part of the profession I chose.

Cons

My job required lots of driving in Los Angeles, but I know it is part of the job and is unavoidable.

Key up the good work.

Overworked and under appreciated by a company ran by micro management

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Roze Room Hospice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers dedicated to quality patient care

Cons

GPS tracking on all field staff that is overly monitored and totally unnecessary. Moody and unclear management that shames employes when something is not done correctly but does not giver proper advice or council on how to prevent or overcome obstacles. Horrible communication, many times goals were given on paper and then changed without employees knowing. A owner that is obsessed with micro management techniques that may work for a small percentage but not the majority of individuals (especially trained and proven sales professionals). High turnover, within 6 months of being there I was the longest running sales member in the entire company! Dated company image and required uniform of pink, while or maroon.

Think of your staff as human beings and not machines. Listen to what your employees need to succeed, honor your staff by giving praise when they do well. Do not shame staff members in front of others. Let employes be innovators. Let them grow and allow them to enjoy what they do. They will work harder for a company they love than working for a company that they fear.

Worked for Roze Room Hospice ? Contribute to the Community!