Ruan Transportation Management Systems

Add Photos

John Ruan III

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at Ruan

Control Room Operator (Former Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

Prosthe staff is friendly, the holidays bring out the decorations in the lobby area.

Conslistening skills could use some work. Some management could use personnel supervision classes at DMACC.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease amke sure that all personnel are well trained in their areas. Suggestion of Computer program of work areas in company that could run possible employees through a simulation of what they might experience in the job.

Logistics

Logistics Specialist (Former Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsEnjoyed the projects and the work environment.

ConsSome times micro you are managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing.

the worst benefits

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsLots of different opportunities for drivers, if you are flexible with the hours you want to work and the accounts you will work with.

ConsI think the benefits are lacking in so many ways. Only a 30% match 401k. Health insurance is self insured with Wellmark handling billing and payments. You will waste a lot of time calling doctor office's asking them to write letters to Wellmark just to get you prescriptions filled(just about every prescription). You will be faxing receipts and forms to them to verify flex spend account expenses. I hope you like jumping threw the hoops.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want safe quality drivers you will need to make it a place that drivers want to work. That means quality pay and benefits. I will be seeking other employment with better trucking companies. I have a spotless driving record with a great work ethic. Looks like Ruan lost another good driver.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ruan could be a good company to work for but is plagued by poor management.

PC Tech (Former Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsRuan is a small company and when time permits I was able to talk to other IT departments to learn about their fields.

ConsRuan IT has ignorant, outdated and arrogant management. The manager of computer services is not skilled at today's latest trends in the desktop environment and relies on other managers. He lacks the ability to manage, when I started he managed six employees and was reduced to two employees then once due to his lack of ability to manage employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRuan management needs to completely overhaul their IT management. They have lost many quality employees while keep the same poor management.

Worked for Ruan Transportation Management Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ruan Transportation Management Systems reviews and ratings in Des Moines, IA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ruan Transportation Management Systems CEO John Ruan III. All reviews posted anonymously by Ruan Transportation Management Systems employees.