Ruby Tuesday

www.rubytuesday.com

Ruby Tuesday Reviews in Orlando, FL

Updated Apr 27, 2014
Ruby Tuesday – Newport – “Ruby Tuesday”

James J. "J.J." Buettgen

Pros
  • Good food to eat 50% off during breaks(in 22 reviews)

• flexible schedule, great coworkers, good tips during night shifts(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Some upper management create a tense environment when they are there(in 30 reviews)

• long hours and weekends, no room for growth(in 10 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Starter Job

Server (Current Employee) Clermont, FL

ProsI was able to work on my communication skills with both guests and colleagues. I was also able to enhance critical thinking and problem solving skills along with conflict resolution skills. The fast pace environment helped with time management and prioritizing skills.

ConsManagerial staff is not concerned with staff feedback on ways to improve working conditions and do not give enough face time to guests. There is little opportunity for advancement from within the company, and it is widely advertised that corporate encourages outside references for hiring needs..even offering up to $500 for a satisfactory reference.

Advice to Senior ManagementFace time with guests is more important when it comes to checking on overall satisfaction, not exclusively when a problem arises. Your staff will work hardest when they are held accountable for their actions and feel that they have the ability to make quality decisions about the restaurant and guest experiences instead of feeling like they HAVE to have a managers approval.

Corporate wants you to work harder to make less

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsEveryone in house was great including floor managers, and they generally hold enough employees at each location to allow you to work your schedules around each other.

ConsCorporate was always coming out with new restrictions on the employees to help "better the customers' experience". Bartenders weren't allowed to take tables anymore, servers had to meet a certain tip percentage weekly or they'd be flagged and suspended for the week. If you keep creating limits for the amount of tables/guests we can take, you're giving us a smaller pool to make money off of and therefore making it harder for us to meet the standards on tip percentages and sales you ask of your employees

Advice to Senior Managementfind ways to create positive incentives for employees to meet your standards rather then creating negative consequences that make it harder to bounce back and continue to make money

Satisfactory Workplace

Server (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFlexible work schedule; daily cash pay; 50% off meals before/after shift; fast-paced, energetic work environment; fun staff

Consunder/over-staffing issues due to business inconsistency; a manager is needed for minor details, like reprinting a check or splitting a bill; lack-luster uncultured clientele, unaware of traditional gratuity practices in the US; higher volume sales for less compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive in conserving your labor costs by noticing lack of business and aggressive cuts daily. Be aware of local trends in the community and types of events that drive customers into the restaurant, and staff accordingly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

treat you like a slave

Dishwasher (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsIf you need hours, they will be sure to give them to you.

ConsPay is little to nothing, and advancement is almost impossible. If you start in the kitchen, expect to stay in the kitchen, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your hardest working employees an opportunity to take on more responsibilities. Favoritism is very relevant.

Worked for Ruby Tuesday? Contribute to the Community!