Ruby Tuesday Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

3.2

James J. "J.J." Buettgen

Pros
  • Good food to eat 50% off during breaks (in 22 reviews)

• flexible schedule, great coworkers, good tips during night shifts (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Some upper management create a tense environment when they are there (in 30 reviews)

• long hours and weekends, no room for growth (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Mouthwatering

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday part-time

Pros

Being a hostess seems to be an easy job.

Cons

Nothing really Being a hostess seems to be an easy job.

Great Summer Job.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Great atmosphere and training, Rubies is a nice establishment and takes great care to offer fresh food.

Cons

Your manager will make your job heaven or hell, depending on the shift you work, when he/she cuts you, and how many hours you get.

Bartender

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Bartender in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tremendous hospitality by most coworkers. This is huge in a field where hospitality can get lost when times get busy. First serving job that I really loved.

Cons

Seems to be low volume in most ruby Tuesday locations

Have more specials for bar.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is what it is

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unorthodox work environment, opportunity to meet good people, fast paced, free meals

Cons

Schedule. constant change in menu/procedure. basic restaurant management job. no problem with the company, just the job. District manager to busy to focus on individual restaurants/individual. Very little room for advancement. Good first job for someone looking for professional experience, bad job for someone who wants to be in a professional environment.

Fine

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Malvern, PA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time for more than a year

Pros

There was a good sense of camaraderie and tips were decent

Cons

There was a low hrly wage and the food was unhealthy.

Server

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Good customer base, people keep coming through the doors for that salad bar.

Cons

The manager at the particular branch I worked at was very rude.

Could have been good, just wasn't.

Former Employee - Chef
    Former Employee - Chef

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some decent menu items. They follow sanitary guidelines usually.

Cons

Another place where the lower level management just has to pass down terrible decisions from middle and upper management who seem oblivious of how to operate a restaurant, especially the kitchen aspects. Another example of the least deserving given the most pay and responsibility, while only sharing the responsibility.

Quit piling work on cooks and making management follow strict scheduling guidelines. All it does is leave your cooks jaded, and increase your turnover.

Great place to work while in college

Former Employee - Server/Bartender  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Savannah, GA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I made lots of cash and friends in this business. I was trained how to do multiple positions. It was super fun and worked with some amazing people. Tuition reimbursement was cool. Flexible schedules

Cons

The money was not always great so it was my motivation that pushed me through even though I should have quit a long long time ago. Especially when others in the food industry made more than us. When short staffed my tables would wait from 1-2 hours on their food. Not many opportunities for advancement.

Be more supportive of teams. Had the worse managers ever in this company

At first, the job was fun and exciting. But as time went by, the business was dying and I'm losing time and money.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, it's a fun work environment along side with my coworkers. Everybody gets along very nice and easy. The job is pretty easy too aside from all the cranky/uptight customers. There are many opportunities for advancement. Work scheduling is also easy to work with.

Cons

The business in this area is very slow because for one, it is in a horrible hidden area, and secondly, the restaurant building itself is very old and dark. Aside from being hidden, improving the restaurant's features could really add some positivity from customers. In many occasions, customers complain about the weird smell as you come in the restaurant and how the booths are too small. Then again, people complaining that much might as well not eat out here at RT in the first place because obviously we're not in their "high class standards." Last but not least, one particular manager is hard to work with because when something goes wrong, he always blames them to the employees WHILE he sits on his chair in the office the entire shift.

I think you need to layout the issues on the table. Include all your employees with the decisions made because for the most part, the employees take part in the showcase of the restaurant. Give the cabinets, tables, chairs, and booths a quick fix up.

It is what you make of it.

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Quick cash. Fun times. Great food. 50% off food, including Ribs and Ribeyes!! Yumm!

Cons

Menu is always changing. Sometimes they get rid of favorites. Many changes make zero sense, but it is what it is.

Survey customers about things you want to bring out. Survey monkey the staff or something.

Worked for Ruby Tuesday? Contribute to the Community!