Ruby Tuesday

www.rubytuesday.com

Ruby Tuesday Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Ruby Tuesday – Newport – “Ruby Tuesday”

James J. "J.J." Buettgen

Pros
  • Good food to eat 50% off during breaks(in 22 reviews)

• flexible schedule, great coworkers, good tips during night shifts(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Some upper management create a tense environment when they are there(in 30 reviews)

• long hours and weekends, no room for growth(in 10 reviews)

It is what you make of it.

ProsQuick cash. Fun times. Great food. 50% off food, including Ribs and Ribeyes!! Yumm!

ConsMenu is always changing. Sometimes they get rid of favorites. Many changes make zero sense, but it is what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementSurvey customers about things you want to bring out. Survey monkey the staff or something.

Just not for me.

Host/Busser, To-go, Dishwasher, Salad-Bar Attendant (Former Employee) Saint Peters, MO

ProsThey are a very good corporation to work for, there is no question to that. Becoming promoted is a seemingly easy thing to do and their food times and costumer satisfaction is spot on in most cases. The management is able to work with you and try to help with problems affiliated with either the job or your personal life.

ConsUnfortunately they had to cut labor and a lot of people ended up quitting, unable to live with under 30, maybe even 20 hours per week while doing three peoples' jobs at once for a modest pay. The hours became irregular and unpredictable and since the management was having its own problems, the employees suffered.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I could give to management would be to figure out some way to find a middle-ground with labor somehow(which didn't seem that easy for them) and be able to stabilize hours while giving everyone a schedule that is solid.

Bartender

Bartender (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsFlexible hours, good management, lots of advances to move up,

Consdecent money, open on every holiday except for one (Thanksgiving or Christmas). Making money goes by credit card tip percentage with sucks a lot of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe some more perks to doing well

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just not quite there

Server (Current Employee)

ProsBringing cash home every night, flexible with hours, friendly co-workers.

ConsManagement is a mess, low class customers who think $5 is a good tip for any amount,

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs a concept to attract customers, no one associates Ruby's with anything. They give out WAY TOO MANY COUPONS. It might bring people in but the people spend the least amount they can, try to use multiple coupons, then don't tip. The coupons just aren't attracting the right kind of customers.

Was what I expected

Waiter (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsGreat coworkers, management was nice as well (varies from restaurant to restaurant though), environment was nice and clean as well

Consnothing big that I can really think of, it was a job as a waiter, pretty straightforward, i guess i could say 2.13 + tips wasnt enough many but it pretty much works out to more than minimum wage an hour if your restaurant is at least somewhat busy

Server Review

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment and training

ConsUpper Management out of touch with lower level staff and the challenges that they face daily.

Great Company to work for!

Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsFlexible schedule as an hourly team member
    Opportunities for advancement
    Great vacation program

ConsDifficult scheduling as salaried team member

Good Pay - Lots of Change - poor higher management

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) DuBois, PA

ProsExcellent pay. Great scheduling technology.

ConsPoor upper management - no appraisal - quarterly check ins with zero follow up. Long shifts - new company directions changes with vague descriptions. Hard to move a company towards a direction that they, themselves, are not sure about.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule allows zero time for social life.

Unrewarding to say the least.

General Manager (Former Employee) Florence, SC

ProsThe benefits were decent. The staff were great. The pay was decent for the hours but definitely could have been better.

ConsLimited growth. actually rather stagnant growth. Due to the economy and RT keeps changing exactly what they want to be known for i.e. salad bar, burger centric, steaks, etc

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together and solidify exactly what your brand is known for.

It was a fine after school job...

Hostess (Former Employee) Manchester, CT

ProsPretty good pay for my position - Hostesses made minimum wage in addition to getting tipped out by servers.
    Work with great people - Everyone was friendly and cool, like a family.
    Very easy as far as work duties go.

ConsAs mentioned before, the work was easy, but this sometimes resulted in boring days and the shifts feeling longer than they actually were.
    There were often many difficult customers to deal with and one of the rules (at least at my location) was to literally always give the customer what they wanted, regardless of how ridiculous the request was. Which, in some senses seems understandable, like, yeah.. the customer is always right, but No, you cannot have your dog in here. So, that was frustrating. Especially because I would get yelled by servers for allowing crazy customers to do absurd things when the managers would tell me I have to let them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunity for promotions would be great.
    Also, more distinct rules on limits for customers. The customer can't ALWAYS be right. I know this is a business and we are trying to keep the customer happy, but some things are absurd.

Worked for Ruby Tuesday? Contribute to the Community!