www.rubytuesday.com

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
3.1

James J. "J.J." Buettgen

Pros
  • flexible schedule, great coworkers, good tips during night shifts (in 24 reviews)

• Good food to eat 50% off during breaks (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some upper management create a tense environment when they are there (in 31 reviews)

• long hours and weekends, no room for growth (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

The worst.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good is the friends I've made!

Cons

Everything else is horrible. Bartender is a jack, as well as some managers! Some host also suck!!

It is what it is

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unorthodox work environment, opportunity to meet good people, fast paced, free meals

Cons

Schedule. constant change in menu/procedure. basic restaurant management job. no problem with the company, just the job. District manager to busy to focus on individual restaurants/individual. Very little room for advancement. Good first job for someone looking for professional experience, bad job for someone who wants to be in a professional environment.

Server

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Good customer base, people keep coming through the doors for that salad bar.

Cons

The manager at the particular branch I worked at was very rude.

Fine

Former Employee - Waitress in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Malvern, PA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was a good sense of camaraderie and tips were decent

Cons

There was a low hrly wage and the food was unhealthy.

Could have been good, just wasn't.

Former Employee - Chef
    Former Employee - Chef

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some decent menu items. They follow sanitary guidelines usually.

Cons

Another place where the lower level management just has to pass down terrible decisions from middle and upper management who seem oblivious of how to operate a restaurant, especially the kitchen aspects. Another example of the least deserving given the most pay and responsibility, while only sharing the responsibility.

Quit piling work on cooks and making management follow strict scheduling guidelines. All it does is leave your cooks jaded, and increase your turnover.

Great place to work while in college

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Savannah, GA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I made lots of cash and friends in this business. I was trained how to do multiple positions. It was super fun and worked with some amazing people. Tuition reimbursement was cool. Flexible schedules

Cons

The money was not always great so it was my motivation that pushed me through even though I should have quit a long long time ago. Especially when others in the food industry made more than us. When short staffed my tables would wait from 1-2 hours on their food. Not many opportunities for advancement.

Be more supportive of teams. Had the worse managers ever in this company

At first, the job was fun and exciting. But as time went by, the business was dying and I'm losing time and money.

Former Employee - Hostess in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the most part, it's a fun work environment along side with my coworkers. Everybody gets along very nice and easy. The job is pretty easy too aside from all the cranky/uptight customers. There are many opportunities for advancement. Work scheduling is also easy to work with.

Cons

The business in this area is very slow because for one, it is in a horrible hidden area, and secondly, the restaurant building itself is very old and dark. Aside from being hidden, improving the restaurant's features could really add some positivity from customers. In many occasions, customers complain about the weird smell as you come in the restaurant and how the booths are too small. Then again, people complaining that much might as well not eat out here at RT in the first place because obviously we're not in their "high class standards." Last but not least, one particular manager is hard to work with because when something goes wrong, he always blames them to the employees WHILE he sits on his chair in the office the entire shift.

I think you need to layout the issues on the table. Include all your employees with the decisions made because for the most part, the employees take part in the showcase of the restaurant. Give the cabinets, tables, chairs, and booths a quick fix up.

Fast paced

Former Employee - Line Cook in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will pay you, Day one insurance is very nice..however it is very poor insurance. they will make sure you get your hours

Cons

its corporate, very corporate( which to some is a good thing ) no overtime, unless extreme circumstances. super fast paced,

Lots of training, bosses on a power trip but good money

Former Employee - Server in Selden, NY
    Former Employee - Server in Selden, NY

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time (less than an year)

Pros

mostly friendly co workers, half off on food when youre working

Cons

management very nit picky and difficult to communicate with.

allow more trust in your employees

Just not quite there

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bringing cash home every night, flexible with hours, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Management is a mess, low class customers who think $5 is a good tip for any amount,

The company needs a concept to attract customers, no one associates Ruby's with anything. They give out WAY TOO MANY COUPONS. It might bring people in but the people spend the least amount they can, try to use multiple coupons, then don't tip. The coupons just aren't attracting the right kind of customers.

Ruby Tuesday Photos