Ruby Tuesday Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. great place to work

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Great atmosphere, team spirit building, enjoyed interacting with nice customers and engaging in meaning conversation

Cons

depends on the environment and clientele of you area. If you have a upscale clientele than you'll do just fine. but if there are tons of uneducated people you won't make money

2. cook

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work was easy, not too demanding

Cons

customers and their way of ordering that confuses you

Advice to Management

nada. I had awesome maangers

3. everthing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirks Mills, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirks Mills, PA

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the atmosphere, I enjoy my managers most the time. its clean, food is a good quality and I am proud to send it out to the customers.

Cons

communication seems to be a problem sometimes. there ate quit a few people work there and it is very hard to get everyone together at the same time, so when information is passed on it's kind of like telephone.

Advice to Management

Be constant, it helps the staff know and understand what is needed and expected. make sure the employees know you care.

5. Server

Current Employee - Server in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Server in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday (Less than a year)

Pros

Older crowd come into this restaurant so you can always expect a nice tip, ribs are amazing.

Cons

Customers are very needy sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep doing you.

Could be great again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Established company, major player in the industry, beautiful corporate office in picturesque downtown Maryville, TN

Cons

Leadership is making huge strides to right the ship but ALL of the focus seems to be on operations. Virtually all of the newly hired executives have refused to move to Tennessee and remain or are moving to the new Ruby Tuesday support center in Orlando. This is creating a culture of fear and uncertainty among the support center staff.

Advice to Management

If the goal is to move to Orlando, be honest about it. Tell everyone and offer severance or bonus pay to anyone who volunteers to stay until the move.

7. Company Review

Current Employee - Server, Bartender in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Server, Bartender in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! Met a few of my close friends there. The restaurant is clean (for the most part) and runs smoothly.

Cons

We don't get paid enough to do most of the things they want us to do, clean, etc. A few employees are put on a pedestal so it's not always equal opportunity for everyone. Managers can sometimes be a little disrespectful in the way they communicate with employees.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and give everyone a chance to make good money. Don't be so crazy about people wanting to request time off. We have lives outside of the restaurant and sometimes things come up so we need time off. The GM has plenty of other servers to fill spots so don't make us feel bad about taking a family vacation.

8. Wonderful Management Program

Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Kirksville, MO
    Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Kirksville, MO

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great at teaching and coaching. Wonderful benefits program. The company really invests in its management team.

Cons

If you are not used to changing hours every week, it's not for you. While there is a guarantee of 2 days off per week, some weeks I would work most nights and some weeks I would only work days. You have to keep up on the team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The management team is your best asset, so make sure you keep investing in them and listening to them.

don't work here!

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

other than my co workers there wasn't anything too positive about working here except for opening late on Sundays

Cons

Terrible company to work for. They don't care about there employees at all and they proved that when they decided to close down our restaurant without giving any notice. They would force you to bartend where you basically made no money since you were working for 4.75 an hour and you weren't allowed to take tables. Corporate fired people if they didn't find them attractive enough. Basically just a joke company to work for. Don't work here!

10. Server

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time

Pros

Great low level management, opportunities for advancement within company, willing to hire people with little experience and train and promote them

Cons

Some important aspects of customer service gets lost in the bureaucracy of a corporate restaurant environment, higher level management seems to be concerned with things that are irrelevant

11. Waitress

Former Employee - Waitress in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Waitress in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Ruby Tuesday (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team, fun, good atmosphere.

Cons

Choose location carefully. If you work in a area w/ low income your tips will be affected

RSS Feed </> Embed