Ruby Tuesday Reviews

1. Great place to work with the right management and staff

Current Employee - Server in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

-Money after every shift
    -Hours not too long
    -Flexible schedule

Cons

-Really not much of a chance to move up
    -Management can be better with sticking up for employees when dealing with guests

Listen/Ask your servers about ways to help better the company and experience seeing that we deal with the guests first hand

2. Ok for Corporate

I worked at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Food is tasty, usually good business.

Cons

Management in some restaurants is terrible while good managers are always moved to new locations. If its not broke, dont try to fix it!

3. Awesomesauce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

I enjoy the family atmosphere, throughout the entire establishment.

Cons

Some days get busy, a lot to do, but time goes pretty fast then.

5. Helped me grow in Customer Service

Former Employee - Have Management Assign Side Work and Keep IT At A Minumum in Buford, GA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Was able to interact with various people each day, which I thoroughly enjoy, and serve them to the best of my ability.

Cons

Too much side work assigned by non-managerial personnel for the hourly wages given.

Have someone else do some of the side work or pay servers more to stay and do it after they've been cut from serving tables.

6. Bad place to work

Former Employee - Salad Bar Attendant
    Former Employee - Salad Bar Attendant

I worked at Ruby Tuesday part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The co workers try their best to make it work so it was a team effort. Nice people.

Cons

Everyone washes a lot dishes although this is not part of the job description. In an 8 hour shift you do not get one break, no lunch or dinner. Concerns are met with attitudes. I never received my last pay check and apparently this is a habit of theirs, cheating employees. They pretend to care about their employees which they obviously do not. Some RT might be good, the one I worked at was bad. kind of like buying a used car, ask questions during the interview, make sure they know what YOU expect and it might work, once again, it depends on the franchise you choose.

Be there for the employees. Stand up for them. And then be ready to have a heavy hand come down on you for doing so.

7. Poor management

Former Employee - Server in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Newnan, GA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cash up front and a working system to deliver food

Cons

a lot of drug use even among the managers, constantly changing uniform protocol, not sanitary.

Get rid of drug users

8. horrible

Current Employee - Server in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Server in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Easy to get hired, good place to learn how to serve

Cons

mean management- If you made a mistake, It better not happen again two more times and your done! Very strick- not a good thing for college students who may have something come up

treat employees better, and stop making people take the 3 day computer training

9. Every month management comes out with more obligations for hourly employees with no compensation.

Current Employee - Chef
    Current Employee - Chef

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Food discounted. Work with people that I can relate with. Good place to learn some basics about cooking.

Cons

Years ago this was a decent job. Now, management wants more and more out of their hourly employees with no compensation. Cooks will have to work shifts with no dishwasher. Often leaving the line to go do dishes. Management has cut back on cook hours meaning there are often times when there is no prep cook in the building in the morning. Cooks must set up the kitchen, prep all the food, cook all the food, wash the dishes, clean the dining room in the morning(part of the new AM utility program), take out the trash ect. ect. Money is not enough. This is a company that thinks 12 dollars an hour is high end for a cook.

Put yourself in the shoes of an hourly employee just one day of your life. Just one day I want to see a manager come in and do the AM utility program. Set up the dish machine. Set up the line and do your line check along with any catering orders. Prep food while cooking and doing dishes. Take out the trash and do pull thaws. I bet managers couldnt do it for a week and they make 50k a year.

10. Great place but i need more

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

I enjoy the atmospher, my co-workers, my mangers and the coustomers, most of the time. The times are flexiable and easily accomidate to you You get paid everytime you work, simply because you make youre money through tips, which is very nice.

Cons

Altough i do love the people in charge and the co-workers and pay in tips, Hourly pay rate sucks, we only make 3.09 wich isnt anything espcially once all the tax and everything is removed. Also in the area not everyone likes to leave tips, even if you aare good.

Pay minimum wage.

11. server, shift lead

Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday full-time (more than a year)

Pros

mediocre everything. food was ok, staff was slow and ignorant

Cons

staff turn over con con

give up. the dining segment and brand name is dead

Ruby Tuesday Photos