Rue La La Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
3.5

Steve Davis

Pros
  • Creative perks (Sample sales, summer Friday hours, Bagel Fridays) (in 12 reviews)

• The company offers a variety of great perks like Sample Sales, employee discounts, Thirsty Thursday events and Bagel Fridays (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely fast paced environment (I happen to like that type of environment, but not for everyone) (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management does not voice MAJOR changes to it's employees (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Loving working at Rue La La!

I have been working at Rue La La full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive manager and co-workers, great mentors, exciting and changing work on a daily basis.

Cons

Would like to have higher pay for amount of work and better employee discount

get more focused with more on brand sales events. Stay away from the cheaper, not as attractive brands.

Smart Culture

I have been working at Rue La La full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people work at Rue; great culture; close environment of teamwork and collaboration; hard workers are the norm. Not meant for coasters, Rue La La holds employees to a high standard of work and commitment.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are expected, to get the best job done.

Fresh out of college and couldn't be happier!

Current Employee - Event Coordinator  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time for less than a year

Pros

I interned at Rue La La the summer going into my senior year of college. I absolutely fell in love with the company for its culture, energy, and purpose. I was surrounded by brilliant people with passion and I wanted nothing more to be a part of it. Once my internship had ended, I knew Rue was the place for me and as soon as I graduated I jumped onto an opportunity within the event production department. I work with such talented people who are willing to help constantly; for a graduate, what more could you ask for?

Cons

Very fast paced...everyone has their good days and bad days. The ability of adapting to change certainly keeps you on your toes!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced, innovative, and fun!

I have been working at Rue La La

Pros

At Rue La La, I work with some of the brightest, most innovative people I have ever met. There are some great things happening at Rue, and it is exciting to be part of such a wonderful team. It is clear that the company truly cares about the employees and wants them to succeed.

Cons

The pace can be fast, but the great culture at Rue La La makes up for the fact that you may sometimes feel overwhelmed.

Great company and industry with passionate associates!

Current Employee - Recruiting
    Current Employee - Recruiting

I have been working at Rue La La full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Rue is a growing company with many opportunities. There are so many ways to get involved in learning the business. Other associates are always willing to teach and share their insights. Rue is a place where you can see how your everyday contributions and work fit into the big picture and help Rue succeed. I've been in two roles during my time at Rue and have always felt supported in growing my career.

One of my favorite parts of working at Rue is the people. Associates at Rue deeply care about their roles and the company. You can feel the passion and excitement in the office. I have made lasting relationships with many of my co-workers.

Cons

The company is very fast paced. My managers have always promoted work/life balance and supported busy times with additional resources.

Continue to ask and implement ideas and suggestions from across the business and levels. Innovation and watching new concepts grow into reality are what make Rue La La such an exciting place to work.

Exciting time of growth at Rue.

I have been working at Rue La La full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Still a young company with tons of possibility ahead for the business. Opportunity to grow with the company and create your own path.
    - Great perks (benefits, volunteer opportunities, snacks, sample sales, etc.)
    - High energy, fast paced environment
    - Freedom to try a new approach and innovate in your role

Cons

- Fast pace can be energizing, but sometimes draining

Empower teams with the tools they need, and then hold them accountable.

Busy, at times frenetic pace, but the best, most innovative people I've ever worked with.

I have been working at Rue La La

Pros

Rue is doing some of the best work in this space, which is evolving every day. The people and their ideas of how to make things even better are so great. People at all levels are very approachable, including the CEO. There is no shortage of opportunity here. It's an exciting and challenging place to work. There is always a new project or a new program - we are only 5 years old, so the sky's the limit.

Cons

Sometimes the frenetic pace causes Rue to make hasty decisions, or change direction often. It can be hard and frustrating to keep up with that. People work hard, and there could be more efficient ways of doing things, teams need to take a step back and think differently sometimes.

Continue to leverage leaders at the next levels; lots of valuable ideas waiting to happen.

Great experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue La La as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I had a very enjoyable experience as an intern.

Cons

A lot of times, I felt that the process to get things accomplished was very slow. It took a lot of time to get things through each team in order for your task to be completed.

Comments on "HR IS A JOKE"

I worked at Rue La La as an intern

Pros

I did not work at Rue when HR was a joke, but from the 3 months i spent with them and their whole new team, it looks like they got their stuff together.

Cons

Confusion with job descriptions when applying

Growing, successful company that is dedicated to improvement

I have been working at Rue La La full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are kind, creative, smart, and have character. Summer Fridays are great. There is a energetic buzz in the office. The employees are dedicated to achieving the goals of the organization and company. They invest in continued learning and education for employees.

Cons

Be more modern and competitive with perks, benefits, and office/tech equipment.

Empower people. Provide more access to opportunity. Increase accountability and infuse passion back into the company. This will help employees satisfied and working hard.

Worked for Rue La La? Contribute to the Community!