Rue La La Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. High Entrepreneurial Company

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ideas are shared openly, and welcomed. Fun, fast pace--not afraid to try new things and shift gears if an initiative isn't working-across all facets of the business. High growth-although direct career paths aren't always clear-there is a real desire to create opportunities. Internal mobility is promoted and celebrated.

Cons

Fast pace isn't for everyone. We haven't figured out all the processes, so that can cause frustration at times. If you are looking for a repeatable, predictable environment, Rue is not for you. Rue is for the individual that wants to create and work outside the box, not in.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on scaling the business and promoting a culture that allows people to expand their horizons and challenge the status quo.

Good company, caring management

I have been working at Rue La La full-time

Pros

Cool, fun working environment, great perks, free snacks and soda; lots of flexibility to create and bring your own individual experience to the team.

Cons

Catching up with their fast growth; still streamlining procedures and systems; open cubicle environment sometimes makes it difficult to find quiet space to concentrate and get work done effectively. Office lacks choices of places to go to lunch; have to walk far to get anywhere good.

Advice to Management

Trust your teams and hired expertise to do their jobs; curb the micro-managing back a bit and great things can happen. Wish some of the leaders were more down to earth and easier to approach;

I am enjoying my time here

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is job mobility at this company

Cons

Warehouse is often loud and hot

5. Creative, Fast moving Company. Great Culture!

I have been working at Rue La La full-time

Pros

smart people, some of the best i have worked with. Company has great benefits

Cons

Things move very fast and priorities change quickly

Advice to Management

stay the course. great company!

6. Moving On Up

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room to grow, great internal & external benefits, women love it, young company I started as an intern and was hired out of college to a "foot in the door" position. I've since changed positions to a job I love. The benefits exceed my expectations for any company.

Cons

Fast pace; a lot can change in a short period of time. You need to be very organized and continuously communicate to stay ahead/keep up

7. Fast-paced environment; collaborative and supportive team

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexibility within my role to take on new tasks and responsibilities -Fast-paced culture and environment (works best for me personally, but not for everyone) -Incredibly supportive colleagues and management, open dialogue encouraged -Creative perks (Sample sales, summer Friday hours, Bagel Fridays)

Cons

-Growing pains within the past few years; Rue is a young company that's coming into its own -Resources available can limit day to day work; processes can be manual - more tech automation needed -Work/life balance can be challenging; at times I feel married to my mobile email

8. Loving what I'm learning

Current Employee - Software Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel like I have a voice here. There's nothing more frustrating for a technologist than the expectation to be a high-achiever without being empowered to affect change throughout the company. I feel like I'm surrounded by a lot of smart, creative people.

Cons

Some pretty significant growing pains. It's hard work. But hey, if anyone could do it… where's the fun in that?

9. Is Rue for You?

Current Employee - Assistant Event Producer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Event Producer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a current employee at Rue. I love working here and have been at the company almost 2 years. What I love and works for me: I am a current employee at Rue. I love working here and have been at the company almost 2 years. What I love and works for me: The creative environment in the office. Working with so many people and different departments on a daily basis. Sample Sales. Getting to see an event produced from start to finish. The open concept layout of the office. No one has an office, you can see into all of the conference rooms. This allows you work openly with everyone even upper management. The great working relationships you build with other associates. We build relationships with other local small businesses that come into Rue occasionally with their product for us to try!

Cons

What might or might not work for some- This is really a fast paced environment- I like it that way because every day is different but you will always be moving. You are expected to get your job done; this is not a company where you will find hand holding or micro-management. You will eat a lot (aka gain weight) especially during Holiday time. But you are fed well so no complaints here! If you are looking for a job in the "Fashion Industry” and positions that seem more appealing it will be really hard to get your foot in the door- your need to be persistent and have patience (Qualities that will help you when you work at Rue). Many start out in a contract position and get hired full time after a few months of being contract (that’s how I started). If you are looking for positions that are not in fashion or creative than it might be more accessible to get into Rue with your desired role.

10. Fun, fast-paced environment. Nothing like it in Boston

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rue La La has some really hardworking, supportive & creative people. Lots of perks (sample sales, discounted movie tickets, Rue discount, Bagel Fridays, snack closet, birthdays off), plenty of holidays (having the day after Thanksgiving off is great!), opportunities to explore other parts of the company.

Cons

Some managers support growth and others don't. Lots of turnover in several departments leaves you feeling less than secure in your position.

Advice to Management

Management/hiring managers need to be open and honest about growth potential, opportunities and timeline otherwise employees may feel strung along.

11. Exciting marketing/tech/retail company going through the typical growing pains of a startup and loaded with upside!

Current Employee - Production in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Production in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time

Pros

Career opportunities compensation and benefits work/life balance engaging work Never stale innovative great leaders associate camaraderie collaborative recognition for performance invested in your success

Cons

growing pains resource strain to get tech projects accomplished priorities can change so goals are not accomplished tools, tools, tools The back office processes can be highly manual and somewhat redundant

Advice to Management

Invest in site personalization and customization. There are huge opportunities for the company to grow but the associates need tools to help make their job easier

RSS Feed </> Embed