www.ruggedwearhouse.com

Jeff Feinberg

Assistant manager, over Men's department

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and fast paced. Always something to keep you busy and creative.

Cons

Low payroll , low pay and no work life balance.

Create another assistant manager position to relieve stress off other managers. Give more hours for payroll.

Very flip flop

Former Employee - Store Manager in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Laurel, MD

I worked at Rugged Wearhouse full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Basic retail, no mannequins, no constant window changes, a lot of opportunity to put special touches on your store such as merchandising (depending who your current dm)

Cons

You are treated like crap every other day. The company do not know what direction they are going in. One person say everything is good another say the total opposite (corporate visits) guidelines or very loose but somehow you still get chewed out to much. Freight is always heavy but NOOOO hours to support getting it out until a corporate visit is coming then everybody running around like a chicken with no head. No such thing as confidentiality. Training is very very bad. The main problem is the most controllable expense is payroll and the do not give enough at all 2 mill plus store over 12 sqft daily freight 100plus boxes 188 hours...u figure that out. I don't think corporate know what's really going on in the field

To much

The clothing is rugged and so is the management

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employee discount is nice. The other employees are very nice and fun to talk to.

Cons

There is no training. The hours are terrible. There is no support from management or their superiors. It is like working in high school because everyone talks behind each others back, especially the store manager.

Listen to your employees and do not punish them for being human.

"Ragged" Wearhouse is more like it

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Deals on name brands.

Cons

Everything else. I've never worked for a company that finds a way to cheat employees out of needed pay (such as vacation or bereavement) until this company

Stop finding a way to beat employees from needed time off with pay. We bust our butts off for this company, we deserve something.

Okay company to work for

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse

Pros

Decent pay for managers, bonus when sales goals

Cons

Old fixtures, old or used equipment, slow outdated computer systems. Upper management not caring or little to no involvement

Very political view on promotions.

Good for people starting out

Current Employee - Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people who are down to earth
    Great place to show your creativity

Cons

Long hours with schedule changes with little or no notice
    Low pay scale

You preach work life balance but there is no practice of it what so ever!

Ret(hell)

I worked at Rugged Wearhouse

Pros

Decent brand names at low prices; loved a couple managers and lots of hard-working, multi-tasking frantic associates begging for hours

Cons

The Rugged dumbs down retail as it is now conceived by upper management: no associate gets more the 20 hours. DM: "We owe them nothing." Wow. Typical pyramid scheme, except the bottom of pyramid had to make less and less. We give them minimum wage, we give them less the 20 hours a week, and they must be available for call ins. And, gee, we should not just hire "bodys", but the best. If they show up and apply, forgettaboutit. Go out and find the best. So...such is retail in 2014. Work min wage, work 20 hours, be available all the time or else, and be the best. Let the top get rich and serve us gladly, Rich get richer and the young people pay for their phones, cars, and live with Mom. Henry Ford, a century ago realized that no one could buy his cars unless he paid them better. He then paid better.

I want to say, "Go to hell!" But that is not productive (yet I said it anyway, ohhhhhh). I know it is retail and every retail associate or manager complains about "corporate." But every one complains about corporate. Want to set yourself apart from others and finally get in front of the curve rather than years behind? Get with the Gap's start. TREAT PEOPLE WELL! Forget about the model that VPs and DMs must have a bad visit followed by a good one. WE KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! At least most of us. HR, actually talk to, get to know us. You sit in the office and do paper work and judge us without knowing us. DMs spend two minutes with us on the floor with all its distractions and then downgrade our manager's evaluations without a bit of real knowledge of our actual work. Just such typical RETAIL. I have read enough now to know that this is what retail is. Poor management yelling, "Sell more!" Meaning, I don't know how but sell more. Then, OK, personally, I sold more, and wasn't promoted for a guy who is not selling more. Just so pathetic. Want to get ahead: gee, set and hold consistent standards and people will meet them. I have never seen so many pathetic sociopathic or borderline personalities in one place. Not just at Rugged but in all Retail across the spectrum. Why be sick. Get healed and healthy; help your store, help managers, help associates, and, gosh, SUCCEED! Be the first.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at Rugged Wearhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount on products. Management worked with employees.

Cons

Not enough employees to cover the floor

Have enough employees scheduled each shift to ensure a great customer experience.

Terrible experience working here - management needs to get it together

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Rugged Wearhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

O.K. place to shop. Cheap clothes plus employee discount.

Cons

Management never has any idea what they're doing. One says one thing, another says a different thing, and you get fussed at if one catches you doing something the other said to do. You can't win and it always looks like you're doing a bad job even when you're going by what management says because management can never stay on the same page. The communication is terrible, and the store is always so disgusting. There's dust and cockroaches and spiders everywhere. Worst work environment I've ever been in. The pay isn't anything to be excited about either. Be prepared to work extremely hard and MAYBE get over minimum while management gets $12+ an hour to sit in the office and snack and gossip.

Get and STAY on the same page. COMMUNICATE with each other!

It was okay but won't work there again

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse part-time

Pros

good prices and some of there empoyees were a lot of help when i was shopping there, and they always had something that i could wear!

Cons

Okay customer service, Store was always dirty. The management always seemed to be dis organized or no where to be found when the cash registers picked up.