Rush Oak Park Hospital

Updated Jan 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Friendly professional atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rush Oak Park Hospital

ProsGreat people to work with. Benefits were excellent.

ConsDue to the merger with Rush University, culture is changing for the worse. Less friendly and collaborative, more C.Y.A.

no one in my department ever quits.

Polysomnographer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rush Oak Park Hospital full-time

ProsThey work with our schedules

Conswell There is none really

Certified nursing assistant

CNA (Former Employee)
Oak Park, IL

I worked at Rush Oak Park Hospital

ProsThe managers are nice. The nurses are nice. It is a good place to start working and they will hire new graduate nurses.

ConsThe pay far a CNA was bad but it is everyhwhere you have to work holidays and weekends and stuff like that

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish that they had OB department because there is where i want to work. There is no peds and i think that there should be

Used to be a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rush Oak Park Hospital full-time

ProsAfforded growth opportunities. Fair-minded in dealings with employees. Felt like a family.

ConsBeing taken over by Rush University. Lots of layoffs, consolidating workforces by keeping the University staff and letting go the Oak Park staff. Losing the fairness aspect as an employer. Losing the family feeling, sense of community, the friendliness.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat made Rush Oak Park Hospital was the community feel of it. Getting absorbed by the big University hospital system, it is losing what drew people to it. No one wants to feel like a number, but now the staff AND the patients do. With Patient Satisfaction being tied to reimbursement rates, focusing on boosting morale is what needs to be done to get those scores up.

The senior management offers no insights, leadership or strategies for moving this hospital out of the dark ages.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rush Oak Park Hospital

ProsThe support staff are very good at what they do and are the only reason that this hospital remains open to this day.

ConsRush University is sucking the life blood out of this hospital. The worst thing that happened is having the administrative and medical management from Rush.
Little to no vision for growth strategies in this market place.
The so called medical leadership has policies that stifle any insights or comments from independent physicians

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on so that someone with the drive and vision for success can move us forward.

Worked for Rush Oak Park Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rush Oak Park Hospital reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Rush Oak Park Hospital employees.