Rush Trucking Reviews

Andra M. Rush

1. local driver

Former Employee - Local Truck Driver in Wayne, MI
    Former Employee - Local Truck Driver in Wayne, MI

I worked at Rush Trucking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good equipment and maintainance and near where i lived

Cons

Road construction and they threatened to fire us

Advice to Management

hire me in management

2. Driver

I worked at Rush Trucking full-time

Pros

They take care of the equipment

Cons

Watch your paycheck it is always wrong and it hard to get them to fix it

Advice to Management

Get 1 person in payroll to fix the psychevks

3. DRIVER MANAGER

Former Employee - Driver Manager in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Driver Manager in Novi, MI

I worked at Rush Trucking (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent. Train on days and the training manager was actually quite pleasant. Other than that nothing.

Cons

System was VERY old and customers business rules were crazy. Bad environment for calm and nice people. Very unprofessional Management and it trickled down to lower management as well.

5. Falling Short of Greatness

Former Employee - Dedicated Driver in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Dedicated Driver in Omaha, NE

I worked at Rush Trucking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rush Trucking is out of Wayne, MI. I worked their for almost three years. I liked the administration at Rush, which is weird because with most companies. I don't like the admin. Everyone, with very few exceptions, was nice and treated the driver like a human being. The company is very safety minded, and if you have a problem with driving, because of safety, they work with you. They take good care of their equipment, and when it is time to pay the repair bill they do their best to get you out of their fast. My dispatchers were some of the nicest and most reasonable people I have ever met or dealt with.

Cons

My pay was average or perhaps a little above average. I asked for a raise twice but never got it. In fact, I never even got a response. Another problem I had was that it was difficult to speak to anyone above the rank of dispatcher. Their phone systems are not even designed to let you speak to the higher level administration figures or even some of the middling management. There was some vague person working at the dispatch department who I called 12 or more days in a row, and he never did call me back. The company used to give out their fuel bonuses every month, and the standards were reasonable, but later on they changed it to quarterly and standards became unreasonable. The medical insurance was substandard, I paid about 200+ per month for Blue Cross Blue Shield, and my total out of pocket per year was $6500. I want to point out that I would recommend a person working here, but not long term, and only if the pay and routes were sufficient for you.

Advice to Management

Dishonesty is unacceptable, and some of the bad apples in the company are given a pass when it is clearly undeserved. You guys need to pay your drivers better. You are too tight fisted with your money, and if that is because your company isn't doing well enough to pay the drivers better, then you might want to downsize or reorganize your budget.

6. Good

Pros

Good place to work yes

Cons

Not much r oon for advancement, no raises ever

Advice to Management

Good

7. Pros

It all depends on which terminal you are working for! You can have a good or terrible experience!

Cons

The worst experience was getting paid properly out of the Louisville Ky terminal! It all depended on having quality people in the office!

Advice to Management

I had terrible experience getting called back when my pay was wrong! It is my opinion that the owner Ms. Rush needs to have an open door department that keeps drivers like me from falling through the cracks and also to report to her!

8. Safety first is no money today!

Current Employee - Driver in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Driver in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

61 mph trucks e-logs that are on reliable. Dont have to worry about getting speeding ticket on open highway and people always waiving there finger at you and mooning you!

Cons

Some of the butts you get to see are not sexy! Chasing down your pay from 3 weeks prior because they always try to short you on payday hoping you cant remember what you did 3 weeks earlier!

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves!

9. I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time

Pros

$17hr is some of the best pay in the area. The short shuttle runs will spoil a driver. The options for additional weekend hours is always available.

Cons

The layoffs are brutal if you can't or don't prepare for them. You work 3 weeks in the hole before you get the first check. During layoff there are always issues with collecting unemployment.

Advice to Management

Rush prides itself on being minority owned but except for the largest minority (women) there are almost no minorities in administration who can add to diversity and insight aside from the status quo.

10. Not what it use to be.

Current Employee - Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Home time. Dependable miles. Easy runs

Cons

Layoffs are too often. Lack of planning by head people to keep you rolling during the layoffs. Lack of communication. Won't listen to drivers about issues.

Advice to Management

Fire every office worker and start over

11. Out The Door 1 Week Later- After Receiving No Training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, MI

I worked at Rush Trucking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not there long enough to see any.

Cons

No training. Brought in, worked a whole 5 days with no training/instruction. Walked out the door 5 days later with them citing "It's not working out"- One week there & no training will cause this (and I wasn't even supposed to ask my co-workers any questions! Their expectation is if you did the work at another company (and on another company's computer system) you should automatically know how to do it & give them exactly what they want- with no training???

Advice to Management

Train employees so they know what to do, before letting them go because they can't do the job.

RSS Feed </> Embed