Rushmore Loan Management

Terry Smith

1. Legal Proceeding Specialist

Current Employee - Legal Proceeding Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Legal Proceeding Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rushmore Loan Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment. Great leaders of industry. Great potential for growth. Great benefits. Great, great, great....

Cons

None noted. Company operates at a high efficiency level and does not show any inadequate qualities .

Advice to Management

They are doing fine without my advice.

2. Great-- not terrible, but not the best.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Rushmore Loan Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the department, the work can be exciting. Loss Mitigation live the exciting life making deals, while others aren't as lucky. The benefits are great, and some of the people working there are really the best at what they do. Many departments have absolutely excellent managers, and those departments are especially successful in the day-to-day operation of the company. Rapid expansion has its perks of leading you on a path that sounds exciting. Some of the events were fun, and many departments grow like a family. This is a great place to grow as an employee, and if you do your job right, you'll get noticed for it. I personally loved my department and the work I did. I wish Rushmore the best.

Cons

Unfortunately, not every department is created equal, both by talent and by attention from the business. A few departments, for example, have so much work considering the rate of acquisition, but they're often overlooked and do not feel respected by the other business units. Morale (in the California office) was low at the time. The acquisition and rapid expansion of the company and other ventures often feels very short-sighted, and very rarely do things go according to management's plan. Many decisions seem very shoot first, aim later, and go-go-go decisions from senior management make life miserable for the non-management employees doing the actual work. A very conservative company, who cares about how you dress and present yourself. Perception is everything, to the point that many people aren't given a fair chance, and some can even fake their way to a position of power. While I enjoyed my role, it wasn't enough to keep me in that environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Hold people accountable-- especially managers. Someone from upper management needs to be concerned with the day-to-day. Getting new business is great, but if people are already struggling to meet deadlines with the current workload and workforce, expanding the portfolio is not going to help, and people are going to feel too pressured to feel appreciated. I enjoyed my time there, but I know a lot of great people who are just waiting for an opportunity to leave.

3. Growing Company with a Small Company Mindset

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rushmore Loan Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Covered parking
    Company paid dental, vision
    Company 401K match

Cons

Huge company and platform growth without direction and leadership. The CEO is buying too much too soon without establishing risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and clients are properly protected. This company still has the small company mindset whereby there is one person assuming several roles without being fairly compensated. HR and recruiters are not actively seeking top talent because management expects to keep their guaranteed 30% bonus which leaves the associates without a bonus and or raise.

Advice to Management

Listen to seasoned, well-rounded employees with over ten years of servicing experience. We are proactive, enthusiastic, team oriented and look for new ways to improve current processes and procedures even though there are no letters behind our name.

Great people, lots of work.

I have been working at Rushmore Loan Management part-time

Pros

The company is expanding, so there are opportunities to learn/try new things within each department. Also, all of the employees I've encountered are very friendly.

Cons

The company seems to be expanding at a rate that is much faster than it can hire people, so a lot of departments are left with mountains of work and a gnarly backlog.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, or utilize better technology to help employees establish a better work-life balance.

Great opportunity and experience

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Rushmore Loan Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Definitely a great stepping stone. Great exposure and experience. Room for growth.

Cons

Only con would be workload can get pretty busy, but that's where time management comes into play.

Advice to Management

None really, all willing to give feedback and help growth.

7. Fun people, fun place

Former Intern - Operations Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Former Intern - Operations Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at Rushmore Loan Management as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-lots of free food
    -friendly staff and management
    -good learning experience

Cons

There was nothing horrible at this place. The staff and management team were all very nice.

Great Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Rushmore Loan Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are growing incredibly fast and are a great company to work for. everyone is relaxed and great.

Cons

The cons is that things are a little busy at the time, but it is not so bad. Things are getting better since they are on the ground floor

Advice to Management

none really,

RSS Feed </> Embed