Russell Reynolds

Be The First To
Add Photos

Russell Reynolds CEO Clark Murphy

Clark Murphy

Market-leading company with professional staff

Researcher (Current Employee)

ProsGreat offices
    Very strong at collaborating across offices - truly globally linked up
    Solid management, if conservative
    Assignments at the highest levels
    Very profitable business
    Apprenticeship/mentoring is very strong in many places (not comprehensively)
    There is little room for mediocrity
    Friendly, gregarious and ethical culture

ConsTough to get through research ranks to consultant - this is not necessarily a bad thing though, just a challenge
    The programme to make researchers into junior consultants has not quite got to where it needs to be yet
    Steady career progression has meant some good people have been tempted elsewhere
    High researcher turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementGraduate recruitment could be stronger - knowledge role doesn't suit everyone who would be good at research and there should be more openess to "growing your own" and recruiting recent graduates straight into research rather than hiring researchers with 2-3 years of experience.

Quality firm

Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn executive search from some of the best in the business. Exposure to the most senior business leaders in the world.

ConsNot a lot of formal career development. It is a bit of a sink or swim/up or out culture. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it is something that should be understood.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no complaints about the firm's management. It is a great firm with solid leadership.

Great company! Work with all types of people

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat experience & broad exposure to all types of people & industries. Job satisfaction when placing a successful candidate at a new role! It's like matchmaking! I love my job, my coworkers, & my consultant & my office! Am very happy about joining RRA! This roles utilizes my strengths (multi-tasking, problem solving, proactive thinking, document & people management)

ConsThe job of EA at a fast paced search firm can be very demanding & scheduling changes outside your control can be frustrating. Sometimes can be thankless- but my consultant thinks of me more as a "WE" and team- so I am more in the forefront with clients & candidates.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great people

Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing people. Great place to learn and grow. You can create your own destiny.

ConsLong hours. Not for the faint of heart. Gotta keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice to have a more defined career path.

Good place to work

ProsRRA is a very good executive search company to work for. Employees and partners know their business and enjoy a good reputation on the market.

ConsCompare to other competitors on the executive search sector there is not a lot of downsides except maybe the extra-legal advantages.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest to continue following the quality strategy, to focus on high-level and strategic projects in executive search and assessment.

"Gaining momentum & fantastic place to work"

Executive Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- fantastic colleagues, stimulating work, fast-paced, never boring, truly global and joined up
    - collegiality, client first, constant improvement and reinvention are true watch words
    - great if you are self-driven and independent thinking but love people
    - great efforts around innovation and leading edge consulting work

Cons- never off - typical of professional services; client demands are non-stop; hard to take time away unless the world is on holiday
    - self-starting is critical to success - people will help you but only if you ask or raise your hand
    - substantial stress associated with the above

Advice to Senior Management- constantly create opportunities to bring colleagues together - we are as good as our relationships
    - better align incentives to teaming

Solid company, great brand.

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBeautiful offices. Friendly staff. Interesting work with good clients.

ConsGlass ceiling for opportunities depending on educational and professional pedigree.

Positive culture; fast paced work environment

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsHuge focus on apprenticeship; colleagues are Type-A incredibly intelligent and passionate people

ConsHigh expectations, expectation to "always be on"

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company, Perks, and Benefits

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI really enjoy working here. All the EAs are incredibly helpful. It's standard that I don't work past 5p. It's almost a sin to do so and my consultant is incredibly respectful of that.

ConsThe only complaint I have is that their computer programs could use an upgrade and be more centralized.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse a cloud-base program that performs all necessary functions for project management with up-to-the-second, universal accessibility.

Working with the best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat clients and work, mostly great colleagues, great firm events.

ConsBlack-box compensation not tied to performance metrics. Highly political. 80% of the bonus pool goes to 10% of the partners. Least progressive - cultural and IT - of the big 5 executive search firms. Compensation incentives not necessarily in good alignment with stated firm values.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be the "McKinsey of search firms" be serious about what that requires. Commit to transparency.

Worked for Russell Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!