Russell Stover

Updated May 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Ward

Decent work environment, seemingly few opportunities for advancement

Kansas City, MO

ProsNice colleagues, free chocolate, nice work/life balance

ConsFew opportunities for advancement; rules regarding vacation time and time off are very unclear and strange and can make planning ahead difficult; some procedures seem at times rather rundant and inefficient.

too much micro managing, no advancement possibilities little or no training, pay is low

Lead Sales (Current Employee)
    Dundee, MI

Prosgood work environment on store level, co workers are nice manager is awesome

Consthe time frame for sets is unreasonable, pay for work load no comparable, store levels are micro managed, corporate office has too many people doing things their own way. told to set store one way only to be told by a different regional it is wrong and to re set and then to be told yet again it is wrong and to re set:) reviews are unfair(mine done by someone I only have met 6 times in 3 years) hr not helpful,

Advice to Senior Managementlet managers manage, right and left hand at head office should be on same page. If head office feels store is doing something wrong as far as sets or productivity instead of just stating it train the employees to do it the right way.

Untrained Corporate management

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWas a great company when I started to manage a retail store for them.

ConsUnknowlegeable retail and mismanaged direction from the new corporate staff. You need to have a PhD to work there. Push Here Dummy and take a picture was requested on all their decisions they wanted to implement in their stores. You were not allowed to manage your store at all. The title of manager was a joke! They micromanage you! That is because they did not know what they were doing at the corporate! They never managed a retail store!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the turn over rate! When did the chaos begin? The problem is not store managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent company, poor training

Plant Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, decent pay. Very stable company, but recently announced possibility of sale in Feb 14.

ConsPoor training. Corporate office has unrealistic expectations of what can be accomplished and sometimes seem clueless as to how things actually operate. Working in office is not bad but if you are production, they expect a ton of overtime. Work them 60 hours plus 6 months in a row or more.

Candy Store

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsStore was close to home.

ConsPay was low for a cashier.

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Seasonal

ProsThought it was great that they didn't start out at minimum wage.

ConsManagement expects you to know every single thing after your first day. They dragged me on for months about a possible advancement, only telling me that I was getting the job when I put my notice in. Corporate doesn't care about anyone below them, only care about making customers happy so they can get the money. Working here will leave you with no free time, and they overlooked half of my requested days off. Definitely not a "team" job. It's everyone for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to be so selfish. Think about the employees for a change.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay. It's decent. If you don't have a life outside of work you are set.

ConsEverything else. No respect is shown towards you and they expect you to know everything that the employees who have been there for years knows.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people whom are efficient and friendly. Production is better when workers are happy.

Not What I Expected

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsHours weren't that bad, Pay Decent if you don't have any bills to pay

ConsManagement, Pay, No Training, No Unity, Little Opportunity for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of hoops to jump through to be a regular employee to make sure you get the best of the best, but poor management is accepted into the company spoling the potential of a store.I must first say, I'm not afraid of hard work, but I do expect the same from my supervisors.I worked in a retail location. Over worked, underpaid, under apprechiated . Worked my butt off and it was never enough( and no i don't mean for the holiday) It started out as being a fun, easy going place to work. I thought I had found my niche. As a person with 15+ management I took a low position with promises of promotions duely earned never came.Ask to do management duties, but without pay or title. Manager puts herself before everyone else and talks down to people and about people to bring herself up. Very poor management. Good thing I'm a quick study because they had absolutely no training on most and very little on others. No unity. It's like every man for him/her self. I see the potential of this store, but I wouldn't work at this location again with the present management and the way it is being ran. Things seem to only start to get better when big brother (corportate) step in and take over.

worked production on the floor, it is tedious and gets annoying

Production Factory Labor (Former Employee)
    Iola, KS

Prospay is comparable or fair, management on the floor was always genuine and friendly. at least they let people talk and have a good time so as long as you can do it without skipping many beats.

Conssuper micro managed, steady fast paced, repetitive

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Too much work, too little time.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany car, get to work at a different place everyday.

ConsWorkload is never ending. Calling on Wal-Mart is a joke, and that is a number one priority to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore reps are needed to cover the current stores, to take some stress of of reps.

Worked for Russell Stover? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Russell Stover reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Russell Stover CEO Tom Ward. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Russell Stover employees.