Russell Stover Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
51 reviews filtered by
2.5
Tom Ward

Pros
  • Company car, get to work at a different place everyday (in 9 reviews)

• All the 'seconds' on candy you can eat, from the racks that they put in the employee break room (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay, Minimal raises, Promise of promotion that never happened (in 3 reviews)

• super micro managed, steady fast paced, repetitive (in 3 reviews)

1. Supeeviser and corporate trying to rid of their employees borh good and not so good workers.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Abilene, KS
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Abilene, KS

I have been working at Russell Stover

Pros

Good wages, friendly atmosphere,good benifits

Cons

Machines are old and outdated, most machines down consistently but yet being told our jobs are on the line because numbers are down. I truely believe corporate should come and see how theese antique machines run before telling us our jobs are on the line. They need someone there for both shifts to see where the issue is.

Before threatening us of our jobs you seriously should be here for both shifts and see why some numbers are lower than they should be. My belief its not all in the operator but machine as well.

2. Welcome LINDT!!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Russell Stover

Pros

Good people. Good potential. Good location.

Cons

NO COMMUNICATION between manger, assistant manager or employees. Not given the tools needed to complete any task. No replacement of broken items IE; fridge, air conditioner, dolly, carts, plumbing leeks etc.
    Policy and management. There is a policy that states you must be available night and day to work in the retail stores. I have worked there over a year on 1st shift only and my co-worker works 2nd shift only. This works well for both our families. Management has decided to switch us up which has made it very difficult on our home life. I am not available at nights and she is not available for days that was understood from the start. Listen to your employees. Even the constitution has amendments. Some policy's need to change with the times. One job doesn't always pay the bills and a part time job is necessary.We're all not the same.

You have good employees, wouldn't you want to keep them? Happy employees make happy customers which make happy profits. If you're happy and they (customers) know it ,it will show. It's elementary. As far as raises go I have had two, the first was 11 cents and the second was 10 cents after 15 months employment, hence the need for a part time job.
    I am thrilled to see Lindt is now our parent company. I'm hoping they will shake out the cob webs in management so the hourly employees can put the smile back on our face and do the best job we can for our company. WELCOME LINDT!!

Lots of changes

I have been working at Russell Stover

Pros

40% discount. Great customers, fun environment

Cons

Not very transparent during the acquisition. Unsure of what will happen next

Communication. .. trust is an issue here. Make the managers feel like they are valued and are a part of the vision of Lindt

5. No cares for employees

Former Employee - Packer in Iola, KS
    Former Employee - Packer in Iola, KS

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, fast work time, if you're lucky to get out when shift enda. Vast amount of people. Bo fighting for likes from boss.

Cons

Get sick and you're thrown to the wolves. They barely care about you at all!! I used to love this place.

If you didn't treat the employees so bad, your turn over rates would diminish.

good company

I have been working at Russell Stover

Pros

easy manager to work for

Cons

unrealistic territory. can't get it all done in time allowed.

7. Fun

Former Employee - Packer in Corsicana, TX
    Former Employee - Packer in Corsicana, TX

I worked at Russell Stover

Pros

Good pay, benefits. Went in at 5am got out at 3:30 4 days a week. Two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break. After 3 months you can 'bid' on another position and get paid more. Meet alot of nice people, i miss that the most.

Cons

Leads would choose favorites and would treat them better even when slacking off while others worked their butts off for the same pay...

Treat all your workers the same and take notice when one is working harder than others that are just fooling around

Okay job. Corporate sucks!

I have been working at Russell Stover

Pros

Manger and coworkers were awesome.

Cons

Corporate. Does not hire within m

Great and not so great

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Russell Stover full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, which was most important to me at the time. Great range of projects to work on. Great location on the Plaza in Kansas City. Company with a rich history.

Cons

At the time, the ownership was a bit stuffy and averse to trying new things. Also seemed to be a bit of an an "old boys club" and it was easy to feel like an outsider if you didn't follow their values and beliefs.

The company was purchased by Lindt, so I have no advice for the current management.

10. not a nice company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Prescott, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Prescott, AZ

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

company car And flexibility With hours

Cons

total micro manage and lying upper management

Trust your employees

Fully endorse and recommend highly Rusel Stover to the public

Former Employee - Seasonal in Corsicana, TX
    Former Employee - Seasonal in Corsicana, TX

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Russel Stover is highly competitive with its salary and benefits. It exists to provide employment to those who need. Just wages.

Cons

Placement of its employees to their suitable position. Value good rapport with its co-workers. Racism seems to be rampant at work.

Make sure you relate equally to co-workers regardless of race, colors and nationality. Need to lay out briefly to workers what needs to be done at the beginning of work.