Russell Stover

Fun

Former Employee - Packer in Corsicana, TX
    Former Employee - Packer in Corsicana, TX

I worked at Russell Stover

Pros

Good pay, benefits. Went in at 5am got out at 3:30 4 days a week. Two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break. After 3 months you can 'bid' on another position and get paid more. Meet alot of nice people, i miss that the most.

Cons

Leads would choose favorites and would treat them better even when slacking off while others worked their butts off for the same pay...

Treat all your workers the same and take notice when one is working harder than others that are just fooling around

Okay job. Corporate sucks!

I have been working at Russell Stover

Pros

Manger and coworkers were awesome.

Cons

Corporate. Does not hire within m

Great and not so great

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Russell Stover full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, which was most important to me at the time. Great range of projects to work on. Great location on the Plaza in Kansas City. Company with a rich history.

Cons

At the time, the ownership was a bit stuffy and averse to trying new things. Also seemed to be a bit of an an "old boys club" and it was easy to feel like an outsider if you didn't follow their values and beliefs.

The company was purchased by Lindt, so I have no advice for the current management.

not a nice company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Prescott, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Prescott, AZ

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

company car And flexibility With hours

Cons

total micro manage and lying upper management

Trust your employees

Fully endorse and recommend highly Rusel Stover to the public

Former Employee - Seasonal in Corsicana, TX
    Former Employee - Seasonal in Corsicana, TX

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Russel Stover is highly competitive with its salary and benefits. It exists to provide employment to those who need. Just wages.

Cons

Placement of its employees to their suitable position. Value good rapport with its co-workers. Racism seems to be rampant at work.

Make sure you relate equally to co-workers regardless of race, colors and nationality. Need to lay out briefly to workers what needs to be done at the beginning of work.

Whatever you do, do not become a Sales Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Company car is nice I suppose.

Cons

Long awful hours 8 months a year with too many stores to take care of. Same rhetorical questions in my email on my barely functioning bronze age handheld asking why I didn't get 70 hours of work done that week. As others have mentioned, they control attitudes by not allowing you to challenge anything lest you get labeled openly a whiner. They want yes men and they tell you that to your face.

Everything is the Sales Reps fault. Logistics stuck in snow so the delivery is late? Your DM will mark you for empty shelves. Account Manager sold in five times more chocolate than store can handle? Marked down for expired product. Your DM angers a store by switching labels or shoving product where it's not allowed? Well, you better get that back in there! The DMs are the opposite of leaders bred in a culture of fear where challenging an executive order is verboten, so the unrealistic request to work 15 hours (scheduled with drive time, not obtained of course. I'm not going to do that) somedays is shifted upon you. I had to leave for my own sanity and health.

I could write a book on the cons at this company, but instead I'd rather you just review the previous Sales Rep reviews along with mine. Just please, please stay far away from the sales rep role for your own sake. Just buy yourself an SUV and get a different job.

Stay at Russell Stover so you don't poison any other company cultures. To quote an anonymous outside observer of your practices and culture: "This is the most dysfunctional company I've ever seen."

A Company in total Chaos

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Russell Stover full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A Company Car, working independently

Cons

This is a company in total disarray. Hopefully, with the company being sold to Lindt, new management from top to bottom will follow. This will be the only way to bring change to this company. Mid level management (DM's) are a joke, as they know nothing about managing their sales reps and their work ethic is poor to say the least . The S/R's joke about what their DM's excuses are, (i.e., to meet them late or leave them early). When someone is fired, management will leave the sales rep in a parking lot with no transportation to get home, then laugh about it. When you complain about the work load or long hours to upper management, you are labeled a whiner or complainer and they want to get rid of you. This is a company that wants " yes" people to work for them, not someone that will challenge issues. (NO, I was not fired from this company, I left because of all of the mismanagement).

The new CEO/President should have a meeting/discussions with the Sales Reps, not the VP of Sales. A job dealing with candy should be enjoyable, not miserable, as it was with previous management.

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Russell Stover full-time

Pros

Selling Russell Stover Chocolate Brand was easy

Cons

Work Life balance was hard, internal processes were lacking

Wrapping Department

Current Employee - Wrapping Department in Corsicana, TX
    Current Employee - Wrapping Department in Corsicana, TX

I have been working at Russell Stover full-time

Pros

My experience with Russell Stover was great. I worked in the Corsicana factory. I got to work with amazing co-workers and I had a wonderful supervisor and a very helpful lead. I started off working on the PDL line which I was good with. This specific line was fast paced which helped to make time go by faster.

Cons

The hours are long. The pay could be better but this depends on the department you are placed in. Sometimes they have lay offs and if you wait it out you may or may not get called back in.

The selling of Russell Stover Candies, hopefully will bring new upper management change

Current Employee - Full Time Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Full Time Sales Representative

I have been working at Russell Stover full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

company car, medical benefits, 401k, we used to be salary and used to work -50-60 hrs a week now we are hourly and cannot work more than 40 hrs a week without being paid overtime

Cons

the right hand don't know what the left hand is doing, instead of adding help in the field they make you spend the night out and give you no extra pay for it. we are micro managed to the fullest extent, the territorys are to big to do a proper service call in the stores we have to service, the want cadillac service on a beer budget

need to listen to your sales force, the new CEO needs to clean house starting with upper management and add more reps out in the field.