Russell | Tobin & Assoc.

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
4.1

Timothy M. Tobin

Wonderful experience, Fantastic recruiter!

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. as a contractor

Pros

From the onset, my recruiter (Jenny Davis) has been a source of optimism in a frequently discouraging job market. She has provided personal attention that I had not expected- she can instantly recall details about my background and interests, and shows that she truly does keep you in mind when relevant opportunities arise. She has advocated on my behalf with unparalleled dedication, and is always eager to help in any way she can. Working with this company has been a pleasant turning point in my job search.

Cons

None. (Seriously!). But be sure to keep an open mind. After getting to know me, my recruiter recommended alternative opportunities and variations on traditional work that I am now very excited to pursue.

Excellent Experience!

Current Employee - Legal Tax Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Legal Tax Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with a wonderful recruiter (Jenny Davis). Both her and the company were very driven and result-oriented. I was happily surprised by the attention and one-on-one character of my interaction with the company. I also appreciate their interest in forming a long-term relationship with their employees and recruits. In general, this is one of the best firms I have ever worked for.

Cons

Company does not have office in my city, which makes paperwork a bit of a challenge.

Great Company

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc.

Pros

One of the best recruiting agencies due to asking questions and assisting their customers find the best career matches that other recruiting companies today fail miserably. Russell Tobin excels because they take the time to find a great matching position to the person also for the organization.

Cons

At this time I cannot think of any cons other than the company to person matches take some time but then time is needed to find a good match so not really a con.

Keep up the business model and keep ahead of the other recruiting companies.

Growing Pains

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office from a location and otherwise is great. From a hardware standpoint you are given everything you need to be successful. Whether three monitors are needed for success is still up for debate. The company as a whole is filled with very successful senior recruiters and individual contributors.

Cons

You will be indoctrinated with what is seen as the "RTA" difference. Culture and every buzzword will be thrown at you, but wont be is clear direction and expectations for your own performance. While it is preached that it is a very non-metric and relationship driven firm, in reality it is no different from the large players in the industry. Visibility and transparency throughout the organization is nonexistent. Simply, if recruiters are not performing to the standards seen fit by their manager they are shown the side door in a very unprofessional manor.

Identify who you are. With rapid growth and showing no sign of stopping, identify what type of company you will become. Then put in place procedures to develop talent and be honest and transparent with employees. Within a very competitive and bottom line driven industry attrition is understandable. Rather than sweeping employees under the rug and acting as nothing happened, address the situation and let the organisation know why changes had to be made. Let people who are new and unfamiliar to the industry know what exactly is expected of them and where they stand.

Stunning colleagues

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hands down, the best thing about this firm is the people that work alongside you on a day to day basis

Firm strongly encourages individuality as well as highlighting strengths versus weaknesses; not your average staffing establishment where everyone is put to the grind with the same unrealistic and grueling metrics

Leadership really cares about your growth and improvement as a professional

The parent company, PRIDE Global, fosters an amazing culture (creative office environment, nespresso machine to ave everyone hundreds of dollars in morning and afternoon coffee, quarterly soul cycle/paint night/team building events

Cons

Need to improve internal communications across the company

Fast growth rate can sometimes cause confusion amongst pre-existing employees; do a better job of making the team aware and acclimating new hires into the culture

-communicate more efficiently
    -keep promoting those who show promise

Like any other Michael Page

I worked at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed some of my coworkers

Cons

Horrible management, oppressive. The initial "fun and healthy" place to work is very misleading.

Needs more ethical leadership.

"Over promised and under delivered"

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Worked with some top talent in the industry, after hour dinners and group events broke up the stress of the workday.

Cons

"Poor execution with setting up office and lack of IT support lead to delays in work flow"

Listen to concerns of employees, build a team that has good chemistry and can promote a environment of positive energy.

It has been great so far and there is a lot of room for growth in this company.

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc.

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth. The people here are delightful to work with. The culture is amazing.

Cons

You have to be a self-starter and be able to push yourself if you want to grow in this company. It is highly competitive and low wage for entry level.

Currently employed with Russell Tobin & Associates

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, consultative approach, most competitive comp plan in the industry, excellent relationships, strong senior management, collaborative, subject matter experts, company culture is second to none, world class client base and rapid growth and upward mobility.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that I dislike to date.

Keep doing what you are doing. RTA is creating an environment and culture that will change the game.

Best Place to Work

I have been working at Russell | Tobin & Assoc. full-time

Pros

Recruiting agencies often have a stigma of being transactions and driven by commissions/sales. At RTA the only shark we have is the one hanging above office that was hand painted by each employee. There is alot of opportunity for someone who wants to work in a culture of discipline where they can be autonomous, make decisions, develop and grow both professionally and personally. We worked extremely hard to attract and retain top talent because we believe in a culture where people are they key aspects of its design. I truly enjoy coming to work every day and am excited to see what new accomplishments and feats we will achieve in 2014. This company is not just about a job and as our CEO often quotes every Monday morning during our weekly call “I want this job to be the last career you will ever have”.

Cons

Since we are still a start up company, we do not alot of structure/operational processes in place. This is an initiative for us for 2014 and I know we will rise to the occasion.

Keep Demonstrating our 3 P's: Passion, Patience and Persistent