Russell | Tobin & Assoc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Timothy M. Tobin

Great place to work

ProsMy first brush with Russell Tobin came as a candidate. I was contacted via email from someone wanting to discuss a career opportunity and I almost instantly deleted the note thinking it was coming from just another lame recruitment agency, but for some reason not only did I save the message but I responded to it. From that moment on, my experiences with Russell Tobin have been fantastic. Throughout the interview process, I felt like my Russell Tobin recruiter, as well as his entire office in Philadelphia, was only concerned with my best interests. Unlike my past experiences with recruiters, Russell Tobin's mantra of "always be consulting" made the entire application/interview process a breeze. They really were trying to learn about me, what made me tick, and what was important to me. That said, I was offered the position they recruited me for, however, I decided to turn down the offer based on several personal factors and Russell Tobin fully supported my decision. Having gotten to know me, they knew that this position was not the best landing spot for me and didn't try to force me to accept the offer (like many other recruitment firms had attempted to do to me in the past).

Fast forward a few months and now I am an employee of Russell Tobin and I couldn't be happier! This company is a fantastic place to work and from top to bottom, every colleague I have is a blast to work with!

ConsAt this point I cannot think of one.

Currently employed with Russell Tobin & Associates

Director (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsEntrepreneurial, consultative approach, most competitive comp plan in the industry, excellent relationships, strong senior management, collaborative, subject matter experts, company culture is second to none, world class client base and rapid growth and upward mobility.

ConsI honestly cannot think of anything that I dislike to date.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. RTA is creating an environment and culture that will change the game.

Best Place to Work

ProsRecruiting agencies often have a stigma of being transactions and driven by commissions/sales. At RTA the only shark we have is the one hanging above office that was hand painted by each employee. There is alot of opportunity for someone who wants to work in a culture of discipline where they can be autonomous, make decisions, develop and grow both professionally and personally. We worked extremely hard to attract and retain top talent because we believe in a culture where people are they key aspects of its design. I truly enjoy coming to work every day and am excited to see what new accomplishments and feats we will achieve in 2014. This company is not just about a job and as our CEO often quotes every Monday morning during our weekly call “I want this job to be the last career you will ever have”.

ConsSince we are still a start up company, we do not alot of structure/operational processes in place. This is an initiative for us for 2014 and I know we will rise to the occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Demonstrating our 3 P's: Passion, Patience and Persistent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture!

ProsWork hard, fun culture. Employees care about building relationships with both candidates and clients. Results driven rather than numbers focused.

Weekly VIP awards, celebratory team outings, and office library room are definitely perks. Great PTO and benefits.

ConsNone that I can think of right now!

Great people and an amazing atmosphere

ProsComfy chairs! Bar and Lounge! Amazing people! Flexible work schedules, generous vacation and sick leave (PTO)! The emphasis on establishing strong relationships with Clients and Candidates, rather than aggressively pursuing opportunity

ConsDon't have anything to complain about yet!

Great Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat environment
    Culture is important to the organization
    Good Perks
    Networking

ConsLong Hours are not required but definitely necessary for success

Advice to Senior ManagementAll good

I enjoy working there

Prosgood company to work for, they are very quick with job placement, they were able to get me into the 3 differnt interviews within a matter of 2-3 week,s

ConsIt's a temp agency, they prefer to get you temp work and then ir there is a place available within that position great but if not you have to do more leg work to find a position within the company yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try to get more permanent positions or give the companies a time limit of temping if a position is going to go permanent anyway might as well do it sooner than later

Worked for Russell | Tobin & Assoc.? Contribute to the Community!