Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Ryan, LLC CEO and Managing Principal G. Brint Ryan

G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance(in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform(in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse(in 9 reviews)

Ryan, LLC has a very positive work/life balance culture.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsRyan, LLC shows clear vision which is rare in these days of uncertainty. The standards for work product are high. Compensation and fringe benefits are competitive. The flexible work environment is definitely a plus and improves my productivity.

ConsThe down side of having high standards is that you are somtimes disappointed with results and the rewards.

I am a 'lifer' at Ryan. I can't imagine working anywhere else and having such an entrepreneurial opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible schedule is fantastic. I truly do have the freedom to work wherever I want and whenever I want as long as my work gets done. For those in service delivery, there is no limit as to what you can make. Bonuses are not capped out which is great for those projects resulting in significant savings and a significant fee.

ConsThe struggles we are facing as an organization relate to high growth in a short period of time. The infrastructure has to grow quickly to support the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! myRyan has changed the company for the better and allowed many to spend quality time with their family while still getting their work done.

My last five years at Ryan has been both rewarding and challenging while affording maximum flexibility.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI have been able to work from multiple Ryan office locations as well as from home when necessary to accommodate demands of family and my husband's job transfer.

ConsI really don't see any disadvantages to working at Ryan at this time, however, I do anticipate we will experience some bandwidth issues in the area of corporate services as we prepare for accelerated growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the last couple years, I have seen that leadership has taken very positive steps in addressing employee feedback. As we continue to expand globally, we need to develop the appropriate level of IT infrastructure to handle global access points as well as increase resources in non-revenue producing corporate services support areas (Finance, Facilities, IT, Marketing, Professional Development and Training).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Ryan during the past eleven years has been the best experience in my professional career - by far!

Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat leadership – The CEO has a great vision for the firm for the future. Importantly, he can articulate this vision clearly and convincingly, and can generate excitement among all of us in making his vision a reality.

Extraordinary work environment and culture – myRyan permits us to work when and where we please whenever possible. The responsibility is placed on us to get the work done on time and to produce work of the highest quality while permitting us to schedule family and personal needs in and around our work at Ryan. The work environment is terrific for individuals who embrace taking responsibility for their work products and work schedules in exchange for the flexibility in scheduling work and personal/family activities. It is all about producing outstanding results for our clients by providing them with the highest quality work products in a timely manner, and that should be the priority in every work environment.

Great co-workers – The work at Ryan is challenging, intellectually stimulating and fulfilling. But, what makes it very special is having terrific people with whom to work. There is a genuine “can do” attitude among the professionals at Ryan and a commitment to do whatever it takes to provide our clients with the highest quality results in a timely fashion, and to surprise and please them by doing more than was asked.

ConsI have not encountered any downsides in working for Ryan during the past eleven years. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and has been the highlight of my professional career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Let’s conquer the world by becoming the leading firm in our industry internationally.

Challenging and rewarding

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI enjoy the Firm's bonus structure that compensates people who work hard and bring value to the firm. The flexability Ryan give through the myRyan program is unmatched.

ConsCan be stressfull at times. Would love to have a Christmas bonus. Wish partners would be more proactive instead of reactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have management be more transparent about what is going on. They are doing an execellent job though navigating the direction of the Firm.

I have worked for a Ryan for nearly 2 years and love my job.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe people I work with are thoroughly professional. They also know how to be friendly and sociable. I enjoy the flexible workplace. They also provide me with all the tools I need to perform my job properly.

ConsThe drive to work in the office is the only negative aspect of this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you areoing.

A Great Place To Work

Director (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsRyan LLC offers a flexible work environment which empowers employees to be in control of their work hours, work location and personal committments. Everybody has the potential to earn above-market compensation. Assignment of professionals to teams results in pro-active efforts to generate value for the firm's clients and a sharing of skills, knowledge and friendship among team members.

In-house technical training is not only excellent but also better than what I experienced in working at a big 4 accounting firm. The training provides in-depth technical education and practical skills on how to perform and document tax recovery reviews.

ConsI do not have any cons to note.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to recommend

Fantastic Place to Work!!

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee)

ProsSolid starting salary with opportunity for bonuses based on your projects, excellent work/life environment, friendly co-workers and management, tons of growth and potential to work all over the world.

ConsProject (and bonus) allocation skewed depending on what office you're in (and team you're on).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work in growing the company and providing an excellent work/life environment! Allocation of projects does leave something to be desired for some of the satellite offices.

Great place to work

Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosunlimited bonus potential - you can advance as far as your ambition will let you. Entrepeneurship is encouraged.

ConsSupport for new practice and service lines could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone - doing good job.

Ryan LLC creates a great work enviroment and strives for employee satisfaction.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsTeamwork, thorough individual and team training, employee benefits, internal promotions, flexible work hours.

ConsA lot of meetings that can cause you to get behind in work.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!