Ryan, LLC

Updated December 3, 2014
4.9

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Work life balance, lucrative bonuses if you get on the right team, client services (in 38 reviews)

• The ability to work from home is a plus, but this also means that you are on call at all times (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform (in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Enjoying the Benefits & Impact of a Small Business under the Protection of a Corporate Umbrella.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You really matter at Ryan. Your opinion and insights are valued by everyone. Since Ryan is relatively new as compared to some of the country's oldest tax firms, the company structure lends itself to one where the highest in the company hear you. The flexible work schedule driven by results is a benefit that any small business owner can appreciate, but as an employee of Ryan, you also have the corporate protection of base-pay with incentives to drive revenue through Ryan's bonus structure. Our team environment is really what you want to make it, and I couldn't ask for a better situation in terms of a corporation that listens to me, provides a flexible works schedule, and rewards me for the value I contribute to the company through the generous bonus structure.

Cons

Ryan has growing pains due to its aggressive expansion, which is understandable. The growing pains are actually opportunities for employees to provide value and insight that can really shape the firm as it drives towards the future.

Continue your generosity, recognition, and guidance. Whether you actively see it or not, you make many of us want to come to work each day and many of us don't mind putting in the time to find savings opportunities for our clients. Some days are tough, but it makes it easier to get through them when we enjoy the fight and we have your encouragement and leadership.

Not your average "tax" career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most people view tax compliance as boring and tedious, but Ryan makes the tax environment much more interesting. Learning about each client will teach you a little bit about many different industries. Each client and state also brings up different issues, which causes you to research specific case by case issues - rather than doing the same thing every day. The flexible work environment is great.

Cons

There are some deadlines that cause you to work long hours. Since everything is results driven, you are encouraged by managers to work long hours into the evenings, on occasion.

Encourage team leaders and managers to allow their team members to use the myRyan work environment more freely. Many team members feel guilty about working less than 9-10 hour days.

This is the best job I ever had.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They pay for your parking and the they have flexible work hours.

Cons

I can't think of any negative thing about Ryan.