Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Ryan, LLC CEO and Managing Principal G. Brint Ryan

G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance(in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform(in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse(in 9 reviews)

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork life balance, opportunity for growth, etc.

Consyou eat what you kill. In other words, you aren't just handed a large salary and told to get to work. you have to work and earn what you make.

Ryan is a great firm.

ProsRyan is focused on maintaining a flexible work-life balance which allows you to maximize your focus on your career and personal life. To help maximize your career, Ryan provides a wide range of training which can help you grow as a professional. If you are willing to work and grow as a professional then Ryan is a great firm for having a successful career.

ConsIt can take some time to build up a consistent stream of monthly bonuses, so the first year or so the amount of monthly bonuses can be infrequent which makes the overall compensation not look as good.

Growth

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Plantation, FL

ProsGood Pay, Good Salary, Good Start for Graduates.

ConsSmall Office, not too many employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ryan LLC

Prosgreat company to work for.

ConsThere are not cons with this company

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good company, lot's of potential.

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible work environment that allows for work life balance.

ConsProjects (and therefore bonuses) not evenly distributed. If you are on a good team with good projects that the partners distribute to you, then you're set, but if not, you have to find your own clients or be forced to do junk projects with no profit. Also, this is not a CPA firm so it is difficult to get certified if your manager is not a CPA.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance project distribution out better.

Many opportunities for career development, all the tools needed for self-motivated goal oriented professionals

Director (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance
    Very successful model in place, all the tools you need to succeed are available

ConsOpportunites to succeed must be sought and created by you - for those that are driven and ready for the challenges, the rewards are immense
    Achieving success is not easy - must be willing to put in extra time and effort at times to succeed

Overall great company to work for

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat flexibility and work from home policy. Hours can be long at times and short at others. When you have proven yourself, you will have a lot of flexibility to work the way you want. There is the potential to make a high bonuses, but see the noted cons. Overall, I would recommend Ryan to someone who is looking for a good place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for someone new out of college to get some really valuable business experience and have a fun time with the great people that work there.

ConsThe experience you have varies significantly depends on the team you are on. The area is very niche and although there are exit opportunities to go to the Big 4 and industry, I would doubt that any of these would compare or compete with some of the great things Ryan offers. Ryan is growing to completely own this industry in an almost scary way. As a CPA with 5 years of experience in a general tax area or general area of accounting you can work almost anywhere. With 5 years of experience at Ryan you will not have this same type of flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a discretionary yearly bonuses that is only loosely based off teams revenue. The way success is measured is sometimes a demotivating factor.

Getting better by the week

Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe benefits are amazing! In 2014 my husband's health insurance was so bad we switched to mine. I'm happy to have an employer who cares about the health of their employees!

ConsPay not consisten with industry/city standards

I'm treated as a professional

Ano (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsRyan's efforts in work-life balance is outstanding. In addition, management is willing to listen to employees through town-hall meetings.

ConsNo issues with the firm

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to improve employees.

Brilliant place to work

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsMotivating Leaders, Inspiring Vision and achievements, Transparent work culture

ConsIt gets better every day

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the path designed and being followed by Ryan; it will definitely meet its goals, earlier then expected

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!