Ryan, LLC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Worked as senior consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Flexible Hours, great way to build experience

Cons

401K, Bonus structure, Benefits, yep

2. Flexible Work Environment

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Work-life balance, Schedule flexibility, Training, Incentive-based compensation

Cons

Work-life balance can be limited based on your role and team

3. Has been very inviting. Atmosphere is overall wonderful. CEO, Mr. Brint, cares for his employees!

Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is average however there are opportunities for bonuses. Mr. Brint obviously cares for each employee individually and expresses it often through motivational emails. Work-life balance is great due to a program at Ryan called MyRyan. It allows you to work at your own pace and set your own schedule (from home).

Cons

There are some mundane tasks, however many companies are.

5. Ryan will be my employer for life!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is perfect for me. I am a type A, hard charger who wants to have unlimited earning potential based on results. That is what Ryan is all about. The low base, high bonus compensation model set up for the majority of the practices (I am in sales and use tax) is the way to go. If you are a self-starter, tax technical, disciplined and eager/hungry, this is the place for you.

I have made way more money at Ryan than I would have anywhere else. It is about more than the money though. Ryan LIVES by its Purpose and Core Values. It isn't something that their marketing department came up with that just sounds good. Every word has meaning and leadership walks the walk and talks the talk. There is no doubt about it. Those in leadership positions still work directly on client accounts every day and are on the front lines. They know what is going on because they are living it.

And the clients are Fortune 1000 companies where I have made many friends. They know and trust the capabilities of Ryan and have confidence and a commitment from our CEO that we will figure it out, leave no stone unturned, and be creative in our solutions. We won't close the project until we have the best result possible. We stick with it until the end. Not many firms do that as they are too busy looking at engagement economics, particuarly on contingency fee engagements.

Cons

There are occassionally growing pains but that is expected with a high-growth company. I would rather have pains here and there than be with a company that is stagnant.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people like me. I want to be surrounded by those who want to succeed and will do whatever it takes to succeed by coming up with creative ideas, being thorough in their work, and commiting whatever time it takes to get the job done to the highest standards.

Invest in Corporate Services to build a top-notch, proactive team to support the high growth business.

Enjoying the Benefits & Impact of a Small Business under the Protection of a Corporate Umbrella.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You really matter at Ryan. Your opinion and insights are valued by everyone. Since Ryan is relatively new as compared to some of the country's oldest tax firms, the company structure lends itself to one where the highest in the company hear you. The flexible work schedule driven by results is a benefit that any small business owner can appreciate, but as an employee of Ryan, you also have the corporate protection of base-pay with incentives to drive revenue through Ryan's bonus structure. Our team environment is really what you want to make it, and I couldn't ask for a better situation in terms of a corporation that listens to me, provides a flexible works schedule, and rewards me for the value I contribute to the company through the generous bonus structure.

Cons

Ryan has growing pains due to its aggressive expansion, which is understandable. The growing pains are actually opportunities for employees to provide value and insight that can really shape the firm as it drives towards the future.

Advice to Management

Continue your generosity, recognition, and guidance. Whether you actively see it or not, you make many of us want to come to work each day and many of us don't mind putting in the time to find savings opportunities for our clients. Some days are tough, but it makes it easier to get through them when we enjoy the fight and we have your encouragement and leadership.

The most challenging and stimulating place I've ever worked

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ryan has created a winning meritocracy in tax services. The top performers achieve more than they ever could any where else. Those that aren't top performers go to Big 4.

Cons

The worst part of Ryan is listening to those who can't cut it whinning about incentive compensation inequity. Please leave and don't mess it up for the rest of us.

Advice to Management

Quit coddling people. You cannot make everyone a top performer. Recognize that and do what needs to be done.

Relaxed and High Growth Atmosphere

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

myRyan - It's up to your team to decide on how they want to utilize it. I could have done 90% of my work at home. All I had to do was keep my team updated. myRyan truly is a 100% guilt-free environment and team productivity did not seem to be negatively affected.

Growth - Ryan is growing at a tremendous pace. Ryan's services are valued highly by clients. Ryan obviously has a competitive edge in their niche and clients are able to see that. Now is the best time to work for Ryan. Get your foot in the door; you'll climb up the ladder in no time.

Training - Training (at the Dallas office) met or exceeded my expectations. In addition to the required training, Ryan offers MANY opportunities throughout the year to take optional courses (in-house, web, and subsidized outside training) to develop your skills.

Cons

Work can get monotonous. Base compensation is subpar.

Advice to Management

There seems to be a disconnect between HQ (Dallas) and other locations. Ryan's Dallas office is where you want to be. Focus on solidifying Ryan's brand and offer traditional classroom training in all locations. Some of the training is highly intensive and requires face to face interaction; it is unrealistic to expect non-HQ staff to absorb the same material via a WebEX stream.

9. Love my job!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a great work/home life balance called MyRyan. We can work from home when needed and dont have specified hours. Also, we have a great compensation plan.

Cons

Base salary is low but large bonuses make up for the low salary.

10. Amazing flexibility!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great flexibility that allows you to achieve results without a focus on hours in the office. Working from home is easy and encouraged.

Cons

Due to out of office work environment, newer employees may have a difficult time learning, adjusting, etc.

Advice to Management

Create stronger development and training programs that assist new employees with a transition to Ryan. Otherwise, you will lose new employees that feel lost.

11. Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, opportunity for growth, etc.

Cons

you eat what you kill. In other words, you aren't just handed a large salary and told to get to work. you have to work and earn what you make.

RSS Feed </> Embed