Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated September 1, 2014
3.9

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance (in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform (in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Ryan, LLC has a very positive work/life balance culture.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ryan, LLC shows clear vision which is rare in these days of uncertainty. The standards for work product are high. Compensation and fringe benefits are competitive. The flexible work environment is definitely a plus and improves my productivity.

Cons

The down side of having high standards is that you are somtimes disappointed with results and the rewards.

I am a 'lifer' at Ryan. I can't imagine working anywhere else and having such an entrepreneurial opportunity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule is fantastic. I truly do have the freedom to work wherever I want and whenever I want as long as my work gets done. For those in service delivery, there is no limit as to what you can make. Bonuses are not capped out which is great for those projects resulting in significant savings and a significant fee.

Cons

The struggles we are facing as an organization relate to high growth in a short period of time. The infrastructure has to grow quickly to support the organization.

Keep up the good work! myRyan has changed the company for the better and allowed many to spend quality time with their family while still getting their work done.

My last five years at Ryan has been both rewarding and challenging while affording maximum flexibility.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been able to work from multiple Ryan office locations as well as from home when necessary to accommodate demands of family and my husband's job transfer.

Cons

I really don't see any disadvantages to working at Ryan at this time, however, I do anticipate we will experience some bandwidth issues in the area of corporate services as we prepare for accelerated growth.

In the last couple years, I have seen that leadership has taken very positive steps in addressing employee feedback. As we continue to expand globally, we need to develop the appropriate level of IT infrastructure to handle global access points as well as increase resources in non-revenue producing corporate services support areas (Finance, Facilities, IT, Marketing, Professional Development and Training).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Ryan during the past eleven years has been the best experience in my professional career - by far!

Current Employee - Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great leadership – The CEO has a great vision for the firm for the future. Importantly, he can articulate this vision clearly and convincingly, and can generate excitement among all of us in making his vision a reality.

Extraordinary work environment and culture – myRyan permits us to work when and where we please whenever possible. The responsibility is placed on us to get the work done on time and to produce work of the highest quality while permitting us to schedule family and personal needs in and around our work at Ryan. The work environment is terrific for individuals who embrace taking responsibility for their work products and work schedules in exchange for the flexibility in scheduling work and personal/family activities. It is all about producing outstanding results for our clients by providing them with the highest quality work products in a timely manner, and that should be the priority in every work environment.

Great co-workers – The work at Ryan is challenging, intellectually stimulating and fulfilling. But, what makes it very special is having terrific people with whom to work. There is a genuine “can do” attitude among the professionals at Ryan and a commitment to do whatever it takes to provide our clients with the highest quality results in a timely fashion, and to surprise and please them by doing more than was asked.

Cons

I have not encountered any downsides in working for Ryan during the past eleven years. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and has been the highlight of my professional career.

Keep up the great work! Let’s conquer the world by becoming the leading firm in our industry internationally.

Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy the Firm's bonus structure that compensates people who work hard and bring value to the firm. The flexability Ryan give through the myRyan program is unmatched.

Cons

Can be stressfull at times. Would love to have a Christmas bonus. Wish partners would be more proactive instead of reactive.

It would be nice to have management be more transparent about what is going on. They are doing an execellent job though navigating the direction of the Firm.

I have worked for a Ryan for nearly 2 years and love my job.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with are thoroughly professional. They also know how to be friendly and sociable. I enjoy the flexible workplace. They also provide me with all the tools I need to perform my job properly.

Cons

The drive to work in the office is the only negative aspect of this job.

Keep doing what you areoing.

A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Director  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ryan LLC offers a flexible work environment which empowers employees to be in control of their work hours, work location and personal committments. Everybody has the potential to earn above-market compensation. Assignment of professionals to teams results in pro-active efforts to generate value for the firm's clients and a sharing of skills, knowledge and friendship among team members.

In-house technical training is not only excellent but also better than what I experienced in working at a big 4 accounting firm. The training provides in-depth technical education and practical skills on how to perform and document tax recovery reviews.

Cons

I do not have any cons to note.

Nothing to recommend

Fantastic Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid starting salary with opportunity for bonuses based on your projects, excellent work/life environment, friendly co-workers and management, tons of growth and potential to work all over the world.

Cons

Project (and bonus) allocation skewed depending on what office you're in (and team you're on).

Keep up the great work in growing the company and providing an excellent work/life environment! Allocation of projects does leave something to be desired for some of the satellite offices.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

unlimited bonus potential - you can advance as far as your ambition will let you. Entrepeneurship is encouraged.

Cons

Support for new practice and service lines could be better.

None - doing good job.

Ryan LLC creates a great work enviroment and strives for employee satisfaction.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teamwork, thorough individual and team training, employee benefits, internal promotions, flexible work hours.

Cons

A lot of meetings that can cause you to get behind in work.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!