Ryan, LLC Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Ryan LLC

Pros

Flexible work schedule and progressive

Cons

low base salary and takes a long time to get bonus

2. Worked as senior consultant

Pros

Flexible Hours, great way to build experience

Cons

401K, Bonus structure, Benefits, yep

3. Great place to work for new college graduates

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work flexibility - Work from home, setting own hours, flexible for families and children People - Really friendly and easy to work with people Reputable - Great for experience and a place to start a career

Cons

Demanding - Like all financial related firms, clients are everything. Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the firm. Traveling - Sometimes traveling can be a little too much Benefits - Benefits are not amazing but will get you by

Advice to Management

Management is doing great

5. good company

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

bad upper management that handles things

6. over worked with my ryan, good company for a starter

Former Employee - Sales and Use Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales and Use Consultant

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good compensation and company culture.

Cons

over worked with my ryan application. yes you can work where ever you want to make your job done but that means you will work 55+ hours a week! I rather work full time with over time pay.

7. Flexible Work Environment

Pros

Work-life balance, Schedule flexibility, Training, Incentive-based compensation

Cons

Work-life balance can be limited based on your role and team

8. Has been very inviting. Atmosphere is overall wonderful. CEO, Mr. Brint, cares for his employees!

Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is average however there are opportunities for bonuses. Mr. Brint obviously cares for each employee individually and expresses it often through motivational emails. Work-life balance is great due to a program at Ryan called MyRyan. It allows you to work at your own pace and set your own schedule (from home).

Cons

There are some mundane tasks, however many companies are.

9. Great experience

Pros

Good bonus if you assigned on a good team. Flexible hours.

Cons

If you do not assigned to a good senior, you are on your own to learn and explore the way to get work done.

Advice to Management

Need better training

Good upside potential if you can connect with the right Principals

Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Solid opportunity to make $$$ if you can connect to the right Principals and BD's. -There is great freedom and flexibility of schedule with the highly touted MyRyan program (you will love reading the daily emails from HR about another award the program just won). -You can come and go as you please. -Growth leads to opportunity if you are willing to put in the time and travel. If you desire to spend as little time at home as possible this is the place to do it. -There are many good people here you just need to have the luck to land in a spot where you can work with them.

Cons

-Ego -Ego -Did I mention ego? Ryan is a place led by management that loves to pat themselves on the back. Some Principals have the management skills of a buffalo. Their inability to connect with normal people is astounding. Condescension and selfishness rules their day. Not all are like this but the ones that are ruin it for everyone. -Lousy base salary. -Incessant reporting/forecasting and meetings about reporting/forecasting take away the Entrepreneurial atmosphere that led to the growth of the company. When you struggle connecting with people, you manage the numbers. They love to manage the numbers. It truly is the only thing that matters. -The post on here that recommends that Ryan should hire "more people like me" says all that needs to be said about the company. If you believe the world revolves around you, then you may find a home here.

Advice to Management

Far be it from me to give advice. No one can fault the growth that the firm has seen over it's 20+ year history. The path ahead gets tougher as the road to $1B is a tougher stretch than the road to $400MM was. You will need to manage more than numbers to get there.

Enjoying the Benefits & Impact of a Small Business under the Protection of a Corporate Umbrella.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You really matter at Ryan. Your opinion and insights are valued by everyone. Since Ryan is relatively new as compared to some of the country's oldest tax firms, the company structure lends itself to one where the highest in the company hear you. The flexible work schedule driven by results is a benefit that any small business owner can appreciate, but as an employee of Ryan, you also have the corporate protection of base-pay with incentives to drive revenue through Ryan's bonus structure. Our team environment is really what you want to make it, and I couldn't ask for a better situation in terms of a corporation that listens to me, provides a flexible works schedule, and rewards me for the value I contribute to the company through the generous bonus structure.

Cons

Ryan has growing pains due to its aggressive expansion, which is understandable. The growing pains are actually opportunities for employees to provide value and insight that can really shape the firm as it drives towards the future.

Advice to Management

Continue your generosity, recognition, and guidance. Whether you actively see it or not, you make many of us want to come to work each day and many of us don't mind putting in the time to find savings opportunities for our clients. Some days are tough, but it makes it easier to get through them when we enjoy the fight and we have your encouragement and leadership.

RSS Feed </> Embed