Ryan, LLC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Rapidly growing company with flexible work environment

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Flexible work environment. As long as you get your work done, you can pretty much work from wherever / whenever is best for you.

Cons

Bonus Structure, Per Diem, hours required for continued education

Advice to Management

Attempts to hit the benchmarks for "Best Places to Work" are superficial. Leads to unnecessary requirements that are non-beneficial.

2. Great culture, team, and support

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

The company culture celebrates work/life balance. The local practice is professional, friendly, and results-oriented. Great pay.

Cons

They don't like spending more for tools.

3. good company

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

bad upper management that handles things

5. Worked as senior consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Flexible Hours, great way to build experience

Cons

401K, Bonus structure, Benefits, yep

6. Great place to work for new college graduates

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work flexibility - Work from home, setting own hours, flexible for families and children People - Really friendly and easy to work with people Reputable - Great for experience and a place to start a career

Cons

Demanding - Like all financial related firms, clients are everything. Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the firm. Traveling - Sometimes traveling can be a little too much Benefits - Benefits are not amazing but will get you by

Advice to Management

Management is doing great

7. Flexible Work Environment

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Work-life balance, Schedule flexibility, Training, Incentive-based compensation

Cons

Work-life balance can be limited based on your role and team

8. Has been very inviting. Atmosphere is overall wonderful. CEO, Mr. Brint, cares for his employees!

Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is average however there are opportunities for bonuses. Mr. Brint obviously cares for each employee individually and expresses it often through motivational emails. Work-life balance is great due to a program at Ryan called MyRyan. It allows you to work at your own pace and set your own schedule (from home).

Cons

There are some mundane tasks, however many companies are.

Good upside potential if you can connect with the right Principals

Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Solid opportunity to make $$$ if you can connect to the right Principals and BD's. -There is great freedom and flexibility of schedule with the highly touted MyRyan program (you will love reading the daily emails from HR about another award the program just won). -You can come and go as you please. -Growth leads to opportunity if you are willing to put in the time and travel. If you desire to spend as little time at home as possible this is the place to do it. -There are many good people here you just need to have the luck to land in a spot where you can work with them.

Cons

-Ego -Ego -Did I mention ego? Ryan is a place led by management that loves to pat themselves on the back. Some Principals have the management skills of a buffalo. Their inability to connect with normal people is astounding. Condescension and selfishness rules their day. Not all are like this but the ones that are ruin it for everyone. -Lousy base salary. -Incessant reporting/forecasting and meetings about reporting/forecasting take away the Entrepreneurial atmosphere that led to the growth of the company. When you struggle connecting with people, you manage the numbers. They love to manage the numbers. It truly is the only thing that matters. -The post on here that recommends that Ryan should hire "more people like me" says all that needs to be said about the company. If you believe the world revolves around you, then you may find a home here.

Advice to Management

Far be it from me to give advice. No one can fault the growth that the firm has seen over it's 20+ year history. The path ahead gets tougher as the road to $1B is a tougher stretch than the road to $400MM was. You will need to manage more than numbers to get there.

10. Great experience

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Good bonus if you assigned on a good team. Flexible hours.

Cons

If you do not assigned to a good senior, you are on your own to learn and explore the way to get work done.

Advice to Management

Need better training

11. Ryan will be my employer for life!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is perfect for me. I am a type A, hard charger who wants to have unlimited earning potential based on results. That is what Ryan is all about. The low base, high bonus compensation model set up for the majority of the practices (I am in sales and use tax) is the way to go. If you are a self-starter, tax technical, disciplined and eager/hungry, this is the place for you. I have made way more money at Ryan than I would have anywhere else. It is about more than the money though. Ryan LIVES by its Purpose and Core Values. It isn't something that their marketing department came up with that just sounds good. Every word has meaning and leadership walks the walk and talks the talk. There is no doubt about it. Those in leadership positions still work directly on client accounts every day and are on the front lines. They know what is going on because they are living it. And the clients are Fortune 1000 companies where I have made many friends. They know and trust the capabilities of Ryan and have confidence and a commitment from our CEO that we will figure it out, leave no stone unturned, and be creative in our solutions. We won't close the project until we have the best result possible. We stick with it until the end. Not many firms do that as they are too busy looking at engagement economics, particuarly on contingency fee engagements.

Cons

There are occassionally growing pains but that is expected with a high-growth company. I would rather have pains here and there than be with a company that is stagnant.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people like me. I want to be surrounded by those who want to succeed and will do whatever it takes to succeed by coming up with creative ideas, being thorough in their work, and commiting whatever time it takes to get the job done to the highest standards. Invest in Corporate Services to build a top-notch, proactive team to support the high growth business.

RSS Feed </> Embed