Ryan, LLC

Updated July 16, 2014

4.0

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance (in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform (in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive Experience So Far

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA

Pros

I like Ryan's values and mission. MyRyan, our flexible schedule has been a great success in my eyes as our team has utilized it to our benefit.

Cons

There does not seem to rules in terms of project assignment. More structure to project assignment would be advantageous.

Ryan is a Great Company!

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

I really enjoy the myRyan program and take advantage of it every so often. If I want to spotaneously take a Friday off and make it a long weekend, I'm encouraged! If I want to go on vacation for a week, as long as I'm professional and give my team a heads-up, I'm encouraged! You're truly treated as a consultant and are'nt confined to a specific schedule or work space.

Other pros:

1) Salary
    2) Travel
    3) Benefits

Cons

It can become extremely busy meeting deadlines and completing multiple projects at one time but it translates into bonuses, which I don't mind accepting.

Fantastic work/life balance!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

Pros

I love working for Ryan! I have never worked for a company that cares so much about making sure their employees are happy. The work environment is very friendly and relaxed while being motivational all at once. I have met some really amazing people during my time at Ryan. In addition, even some of the highest head honchos of the company are so approachable and easy to talk to. The biggest benefit of all is the work/life balance that is encouraged by Ryan. Having the flexibility to work around my life schedule makes me a great Mom, wife and employee! It is very refreshing to be able to do the things I need to do without having to feel guilty or receive any grief from management!

Cons

Ryan’s hiring process is painfully slow. I also feel that Ryan has lost some really great employees that were a product of not being on a revenue grossing team (not by any fault of their own). The catch 22 of myRyan is that sometimes it is hard to “turn off”. Some employees/managers get frustrated if you do not respond to things late at night or on the weekend. The utilization of myRyan is a choice. Some of us still work normal work hours and should not be expected to respond to things at 10pm on a Saturday just because that is what YOU decided to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Entry-level Alternative to Big Four

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The work environment is extremely flexible. This firm proves that not all options for accounting grads require you enslave yourself to the office. Benefits, though not excessive in amount, are unique (gym membership reimbursement, cell phone allowance). Overall, there is a feeling that leadership values employees.

Cons

Mobility between positions seems limited. Pay is slightly lower than competitors, but matches the required work hours of the job.

Continue your actions that support your employees at all levels. Allow more mobility between practice areas.

Ryan is the best place I've ever worked in my life!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Our myRyan policy allows for complete work-life balance; guilt free environment.

Cons

More opportinites for support staff to join professional organizations outside our company with the intent of earning a designation.

Keep being honest....that way everyone is on the same page and our results will continue to improve.

Ryan is Rewarding

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Ryan is different. A career at Ryan is truly rewarding. With the implementation of MyRyan, a revolutionary approach to work-life balance, Brint Ryan has empowered me to achieve the highest levels of personal and professional success. I can not overstate how important this is.

I enjoy working within a dynamic team of professionals who are literally the best and brightest within their practice areas.

The work environment is competitive but friendly. Every team is constantly pushing themselves to meet goals and produce results. The focus is constantly centered on the client. Achieving the best results for our clients is the number one priority.

I am not just paid a "salary," I enjoy sharing in the profits generated by my contribution to the Firm's success.

Cons

None that come to mind. It would be nice to have a corner office overlooking a desert oasis. I haven't made enough money to purchase my own private jet yet.

Continue to emphasize candid dialogue and open communication between management and staff

Ryan is a great company to start a career in accounting!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexible work schedule, comfortable work environment, supportive staff, good medical/dental/vision benefits, satifying work projects, and fun social events for staff.

Cons

There is no tuition reimbursement program for further education. myRyan takes some adjusting to; it is unclear to whom and how to request or report time off.

Consider a tuition reimbursement program and make myRyan more clear to new employees.

Client service the key to our success.

Current Employee - Director  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The opportunity to work with great clients in many different industries and within companies of all sizes. In addition, many of our projects are conducted by collaborating amongst various Teams so we can draw upon each others strengths and expertise. This knowledge sharing is not usually evident at traditional consulting firms.

Cons

Managing numerous projects among various clients, industries, and states makes the work very fast paced and sometimes challenging.

Streamline some of the administrative functions, and improve the information technology infrastructure and equipment to allow us more time to serve clients.

It has been a sensational place to start my professional career, and I may end it here as well.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The job flexibility is incredible. I love working for Fortune 500 clients. The bonus payment structure rewards outstanding work. The people who call Ryan home are wonderful to work with.

Cons

We have a lot of outside hires. Obviously to build a winning team you need experienced leadership. Being a top firm that everyone wants to work at leads to a lot of industry professionals begging to come work here. Often times experienced hires are receiving upper level management positions that would otherwise have been filled through promotion.

Consider pooling bonus revenue for all consultants.

Great Opportunities for Success

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

Pros

The myRyan work environment is fantastic. They trust you to get your work done and don't worry about hours in the office. The opportunity to work some from home is fantastic.

Cons

Last minute deadlines or a heavy workload can result in long hours and weekend work sometimes. Probably the same for most consulting and tax firms.

Keep myRyan going!

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!