Ryan's

rewarding

Current Employee - Server in Corinth, MS
    Current Employee - Server in Corinth, MS

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

time for family and work

Cons

sometimes being belittled in front of customers and others because some one having a bad day or experiernce with another employee

take employees in office to berate them if you must

my overall work experience has been mostly a positive one, but like in all work places could use improvements.

Current Employee - Server in Searcy, AR
    Current Employee - Server in Searcy, AR

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

The people who dine at our restaurant are for the most part. Our regular customers have made my time at Ryan's very enjoyable. Most of our regular customers know us by name and we know theirs, they want to know about us as well as us wanting to know about them. Also the friendships I have made with my co workers is another reason to work for Ryan's.

Cons

Sometimes upper management gets so caught up in the numbers game that they forget about the people below them who help them keep their jobs. Also people can be very rude and demanding in the restaurant business, they are paying their hard earned money to eat and sometimes forget that we deserve a little courtesy also.

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, but sometimes the personal touches get lost in some of the upper ends of management . As a server I want each of my customers to feel like they are the most important people I am waiting on, and sometimes upper management only sees that there are more that 3 dirty tables in the whole restaurant and not that there are 45 more tables that are getting great customer service. Or that they have cut the store managers amount of hours they can schedule so much that they cannot properly staff the store to keep the bar properly stocked or the tables cleaned fast enough during busy times. There is more to running a store that just the numbers, they need to think about it from a customers view. Most want friendly cashiers and servers, clean place to sit, and hot fresh food. But if the store is understaffed due to a shortage of man hours then those things will not be possible.

been there 6 years, ok place to work

Current Employee - Bar Runner in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Bar Runner in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

you get time off when needed

Cons

havent had a raise in awhile

not sure

Better than most places to work in Owensboro.

Current Employee - Server in Owensboro, KY
    Current Employee - Server in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

Flexible schedule, great tips for servers, 2 out of 3 managers are respectful and great to work for.

Cons

The GM is very disrespectful to his workers. He talks disrespectful, and treats some employees unfairly causing them to quit.

I believe Managers are in a position of leadership and should not speak to or treat employees with any kind of disrespect.

i love working with the people and ryan has been a good place to work in my 9 years

Current Employee - Serveri Love Working With People in Clarksburg, WV
    Current Employee - Serveri Love Working With People in Clarksburg, WV

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

good money ,great customers , we get the things we need to keep our restrauants running, great coupons, good lunch prices. good management team.

Cons

drama among employees , better benefits for employees, people just doing there jobs and take care of customers.people not passing , not doing there clean up jobs without checking out with the right person in other words it is a great place to workand meet people of every kind.

always listen to your employees ,they may have some good advise to help with the resrauant toget things done fasterand correct. having the right munt of uniforms for the employees.

Highly understaffed

Current Employee - General Manager in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

Pays well, and room for advancement.They offer a competitive benefits and PTO package most AD's are very fair to work with.

Cons

Understaffed, 4 GM's for 8 stores; two stores have three managers, five have two and one has one. This has been an issue for over three years

Hire managers to run store properly as well as to offer a quality of life for managers. Give managers more notice about changes: menu and marketing

The worst Ryan's I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Server/Baker in Russellville, AR
    Former Employee - Server/Baker in Russellville, AR

I worked at Ryan's

Pros

The main thing I like about working for Ryan's is that they offer insurance packages to all employees for the first day. The packages are reasonably priced for the benefits received.

Cons

Management is the only down side I have found so far. I love the business but when you have people over you who have no clue it makes for a bad environment.

Management training for Ryan's needs to be more thorough and not based so much on seniority as ability. I have seen people who have no clue get promoted because they have been there for 3 years while someone who has only been there a few weeks can do every job in the store and has management experience gets walked all over like a rug.

Ryan's has great food and benefits, but also long hours, low salary, and poor leadership.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Ryan's

Pros

The benefits were by far the best in the business. Great place to work if you enjoy a very fast non-stop pace. Great free food for managers.

Cons

Managers work very long hours. On some occasions work 16 hour days and paid low salary ($34,000). Senior managers require non-stop paperwork to be filled out giving little time to check in with guest and deal with employee's problems. If any part of paperwork not filled out then bonuses are denied. Hourly employees paid very little causing low morale.

Senior Management critized staff constantly with no positive reinforcement or constructive criticism. They set unreachable goals which also killed morale.

It was your typical working environment for a restaurant.

Former Employee - Dishwasher
    Former Employee - Dishwasher

I worked at Ryan's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gave you good hours
    Fun co workers

Cons

Managers did not seem to care for employees
    Had to pay for meal even though food was wasted at end of night
    Not well payed
    Worked nights then had to come in early next day

They try to squeeze the life out of you!! Very unrealistic expectations.

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Ryan's

Pros

The stores close at 9.

Cons

Upper management asks for unrealistic results.

Don't expect miracles from your managers and remember they deserve to have a life outside of work.