Rylem

Rylem Reviews

Updated January 17, 2015
Updated January 17, 2015

Kim Richardson, Mike Dades, and Diane E. Rosman

Extremely friendly, fast turnaround and very helpful.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was extremely helpful from the first chat we had until the very end. She very quickly found a great position that fits what I was looking for and helped prepare me to succeed through all stages of my contract including the interview.

Cons

The HR department was sometimes slow to get back to me, but otherwise the entire experience was enjoyable.

Jan 26, 2015Manager

We are very happy you had a good experience and thanks so much for your review! Best of luck to you in the new year and we wish you continued success :)

Love this agency! Would contract with again

Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Contracted with Rylem for about a year at a large company in Seattle. I only left them because I changed from contract to full-time with that company.
    I got benefits, really fair pay, and my recruiter on the Rylem side was amazing and very up front with me (Mandy, you're amazing!).
    I almost didn't pursue the role because I lived in Tacoma (~an hour south) and the driving commute was just awful. They were able to give me a subsidized ORCA card that saved me at least a couple thousand dollars (I'm not even kidding) in gas, parking, maintenance, etc. I could not find any other agency in Seattle that offered this.
    They also offered happy hours so all the contractors on my campus could get together and touch base and just chill out with one another. I would definitely consider them a high-touch, lots of TLC company.
    I would definitely work with them again! I was sad to leave.

Cons

I've heard rumblings of internal-office drama, but I feel like that happens everywhere, and as a candidate, I was not part of any of this (I heard it from a disgruntled former employee who was let go due to performance. You hear bad reviews more than you hear positive ones!).

Give people like Mandy (aka rockstar recruiters) so much love! They are what keep people coming back. :)

Sep 30, 2014Manager

It is always so nice to hear that working with us was a positive and advantageous experience. We wish you all the best and thank you so much for your review! (And we feel very lucky to have Mandy!)

Great for contractors, not a great experience as an internal employee

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Rylem full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company treats their contractors well- good benefits and fun perks. I wouldn't hesitate to contract through Rylem, especially with Mandy as a recruiter. Mandy is a personable, intelligent and strategic recruiter. She is an asset to the company and I regularly send friends to her when they are on the job market.

Cons

Do not recommend working here as an internal employee. Management is unprofessional and the atmosphere can be toxic.

Be more professional and treat people with respect.

Sep 30, 2014Manager

Your advice is appreciated- We will definitely continue to promote professionalism and respect in our office. Thanks for your review!

Would join AGAIN

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Rylem full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined Rylem in April 2014 and I am grateful for the Rylemites who gave me a chance to prove myself as a Jr. Technical Sourcer.
    This is my first position in the US and I enjoy the work a lot. I work with great people and we haven an awesome atmosphere in the office.
    After just a few weeks I was promoted to Technical Sourcer in Finance and Accounting, and soon, I'll move into recruiting. I did not think that I get a chance to prove myself even more so fast.

Overall, I would definitely join Rylem again! I like the job, the team and the office!

I am still at Rylem and I plan on staying here.
    If you want to prove yourself in the recruiting business, come join us!

Cons

The training I got in the first 2 months was very helpful in the process of becoming a Technical Sourcer. However, I wish it was more thorough and detailed.
    The compensation grows with each promotion and I am very happy with the commission we are offered for successful placements.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

Thank you for your review! I can guess who this is :) We have definitely been lucky to have you as an employee and you have deserved every promotion you have received.

Thanks for your feedback on
    ... More

Worst Place Ever!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I liked some of my co-workers

Cons

The owners are just terrible in every way. I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy.

Work shouldn't be a big frat party, grow up and get some help.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

We're sorry that you felt that way! We certainly do not mean to make the atmosphere feel like that. We do try to encourage Rylemites to have fun and we believe in "Working Hard, Playing Hard," but we ... More

Bad

I have been working at Rylem full-time

Pros

I'm so disgusted with this company that I don't know if I can write the 20 word minimum. I just will say stay away.

Cons

The owner accosted me and I would not recommend this company. I just will say stay away.

I hope you're all divorced.

You base this on a family company, shame on you.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

We do base this on a family company, and so we definitely take this seriously. If you had an issue, please address Rylem's HR department immediately.

Incredibly disingenuous beyond absurdity, shady and unethical at every turn.

Former Employee - Internal Senior Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Internal Senior Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free snacks and a snazzy downtown location. Good lighting, and smells like fresh cooked bacon in the afternoons due to bakery next door.

Cons

There is no such thing as success at Rylem. There are not enough words to describe the complete disaster that are Rylem's owners. These are people who will lie to your face about everything, and they do it well... and they do it as a team.

Every smile, every thumbs-up, every pat on the back, every positive performance review is a ruse to get you performing at a level that makes your termination profitable. Their sole motivation is to build up new employees to a level of success... so they can surprise fire you, trash your reputation and steal the rewards of your work for themselves. You'll be pressured to lie to clients, you'll be pressured to defraud clients, and any semblance of maturity or ethical fortitude will be met with a swift firing and post-termination legal harassment. They only trust those as untrustworthy as themselves. You must wallow along with them in their bad habits and shady behavior or you are tossed out.

Even if you worked there for years... Rylem has no qualms about inventing reasons to take your paycheck, without warning. Rylem has no qualms about inventing reasons to terminate you, without warning. Rylem has no qualms about inventing reasons to use their shady lawyer to harass you in your new, post-Rylem job... and that's just if you're male. Females be doubly warned.

Don't believe these positive reviews, I was there when the owners would pressure people to write them. There is no positivity at Rylem.

Unroll those dollar bills, put away the mirror and check yourselves in. Use your absence to empower a management team whose purpose extends beyond how just to put your employees hard work up your nose. Or better yet... sell. This is a people business and you are terrible to your people.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

We're sorry for your negative experience here at Rylem. I cannot speak to your personal experience, but what I can say is that we now have a focus on hiring honest, motivated, intelligent people who ... More

Shaky business and ethical issues

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a very real opportunity to make good money here if you have the temperament to stick with it. Employees have a relatively high degree of autonomy.

Cons

The owners' lives spill into the office making it a toxic environment. The overall quality of hires is very uneven, so one must work alongside some dodgy folks.

Hire high quality management and take a less active roll in the company. Be more discerning in your internal recruiting.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

We are continually trying to improve our internal recruiting process in order to hire smart, motivated and honest employees. Thank you for your advice!

The company did not "have my back."

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at Rylem full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good contract opportunities.
    Funky headquarters in Pioneer Square, downtown Seattle.
    In the middle of recession-resistant Western Washington.
    Organized and thorough in terms of getting employees set up with equipment and ready to work.

Cons

When a situation arose that had the client inappropriately questioning my abilities, despite all evidence to the contrary, they did not support me and did not assist me in finding more work.

Be more investigative in these kinds of situations. Trust your employees more than you appear to trust them.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

You have our apologies for your negative experience. Unfortunately, at times, we must do as our clients wish. We will certainly take your advice if any similar situations arise in the future, and ... More

Rylem is a great organization to be a part of and to grow with. They truly care about the client & candidate experience.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ownership is open to new ideas and is always willing to go the extra mile for their employees, clients and candidates. They are a progressive organization that's strives to be the best partner with top notch companies in this area.

Cons

With any young company there are cons. They are growing and with that comes challenges but the overall leadership and culture of Rylem is headed in the right direction.

My advice is to continue to grow, hire the right people and stand behind them. Give them the tools they need to help grow the company and build a bigger and better Rylem for clients and candidates.

Sep 24, 2014Manager

Thank you for your review and suggestions!