S.P. Richards

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

C. Wayne Beacham

Stable and Secure company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Smyrna, GA

ProsThe company is financially secure and business is on the uptick. There is a feeling of genuine concern from Executive leadership team. Good benefits. Has strong ties to owner Genuine Parts. Overall, this a good company to work for and it's very stable.

ConsLeadership needs to do a better job of communicating core strategies to all employees. There is not a lot of room for advancement unless you're in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs a better way of developing subordinates rather than promoting the same folks over and over.

Decent part-time job

Order Filler (Former Employee)

ProsYou are able to keep busy so time goes by fast.
    Pay-rates have changed but the pay was pretty good when I was employed there.
    Willingness to work around school schedules

ConsVery repetitive work and can be physically challenging at times.
    Virtually no upward mobility. Don't expect any kind of promotion.
    Not a very positive work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementImproved benefits and more availability for full-time work.

OK...

Order Picker (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPay was great. Raises used to be great but I heard that they cut back on the raises. They would cater once in a while.

ConsManagement cared too much about the quota and not enough about the workers. Over work you but will not give you overtime or help you out with emergencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well established, stable company

DC Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFair pay, good people, stable company

Conspeople becoming less important, more numbers driven, when it came time to control costs it usually meant layoffs instead of fixing the problems

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many managers and not enough leaders

Good people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Smyrna, GA

ProsThe people are friendly and nice, great working environment. Flexible work schedule.

ConsUnless you are interested in sales or office products, this may not be the place for you. But this also varies depending on the department you are in.

No comradery

Order Filler (Former Employee) Tukwila, WA

ProsGood for college students who need cash

Consvery very very quiet and absolutely no team work or any type of socializing what so ever. Usually jobs like these, most people won't last because its flat boring. Yes there are boring jobs, but fun co-workers balance out the lame work. This job does not have that, just drones who can't even speak English.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to have a positive workplace, maybe hire people who understand English.

Great Company

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat culture, opportunities for success are there. Integrity and reputation are first class.

ConsPrograms are changed too quickly

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

Pros- Company Car and gas card
    - Expense card
    - Cell phone
    - Work from home/Independece
    - Great company culture

Cons- Only one Sales Director per division
    - Lots of time spent driving

Advice to Senior Management- Hire additional Sales Directors to support, train, and coach their team

Great Place to work

Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) Tukwila, WA

ProsI loved working there. I was straight out of highschool, going to college. The pay was pretty good starting out, and they gave you several raises within the first year. All of the upper management were very friend, there were several occasions where advancement opportunities arose and we were all encouraged to apply. I worked in the warehouse so it was pretty fast paced, and the first couple months I struggled to meet quota, but once you get used to the layout of the area it is all good. 401k was pretty good as well.

ConsThe only downside, and this isn't even that big of a deal, was that there were busy months and slow months, and obviously the workload and available hours was reflected upon the employees in those months.

decent part time job while in school

Prosmonday through friday schedule.
    good pay

Consmake you work understaffed
    no real benefits

Advice to Senior Managementwrite people up sometimes so they realize there are consequences

Worked for S.P. Richards? Contribute to the Community!