S&A Communications

Updated August 17, 2014
4.3

Ingrid Bodelson

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Merit Based, 100% Internal Promotions, Management Opportunity, Excellent Pay Potential

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome environment to work in! The harder I work the more money I make-it is merit based with no cap. And I love that there is no seniority so the right people who work hard get the results and reward.

This is a career, not just a job, and there is a lot of opportunity to advance and receive training in entrepreneurship and business management skills.

Cons

I don't think there are any.

Atmosphere here is great. Training is exceptional. Keep up the great work.

Supportive Environment with Motivated Coworkers and Opportunities to Grow and Learn

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is so nice to work with motivated people who is actually enjoy their jobs and going to work each day. This is the first company I have worked with where people don't dread going into work. My coworkers have been so welcoming and helpful with my training. I was nervous to begin with because I have no experience in this industry, but with the training and new skills I have been taught I am so impressed at how much I have already been able to grow professionally. I also love that the harder I work the more money I can make which is awesome.

Cons

I don't think there really are any. If I had to say anything I would say that this position does require hard work, but what position doesn't that's worth doing?

Keep the structure of the company the same as it is now and keep promoting from within. Internal promotions are the way to go rather than hiring outside management, and the growth potential is the main reason I sought out this position in the first place. I have worked for companies in the past that hired outside management, and it never works.

Awesome, but lacking steady pay

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment. Best training I've had from any job. Everyone there is super supportive of your own personal goals.

Cons

Lack of a guaranteed pay check due to the fact it is purely commission based pay. I was starting to see a trend in the fact that I was not getting sales and I opted to exit ASAP so I could try my luck at a more steady job.

Since the job is commissioned based there should be some sort of plan to help every employee in the event they don't make a sale for three consecutive days.

A worthwhile & memorable employment experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent bonuses to be had, internal promotions, great team-building, and overall fun experience. Aside from the employment itself the training and experiences can easily be utilized in nearly any job or work environment. The bonuses and team-building exercises work very well at encouraging both new and old employees alike. For those that receive an offer of employment, I cannot express enough just how much can be learned or obtained from the employment that make the overall experience well worth the while.

Cons

Probably the greatest challenge involved in my opinion would be the Monday-Saturday work schedule. While there are opportunities to go home early or even not work on Saturdays, not everyone, every week, will meet these and it is definitely an employment that if you cannot put forth your 'all' you will limit not only yourself but also what the job has to offer you.

My only real advice is to remain vigilantly conscious of just how indifferent you can seem to new employees. While the indifference is definitely strong in working within the overall system, and the objectives involved with employees may be towards bettering them and not intended to cause frustration or fear; I found that some employees failed to recognize the objective was to assist them in improving and not downgrade them by any stretch. Remember that the pay and opportunities offered within the job are not the only things keeping those that stick around present; there are many that have remained out of dedication to those they find themselves teamed and while the greater goals are certainly encouraging for some that are on-board; not everyone aspires for the same of their career.

Great, Friendly, Motivating and Laid Back Place to work!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are constantly motivated by everyone in the office as well as the boss. Best training I have ever had from any job. Real opportunity for growth and start your own office and make lots of money!

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Management/My Boss is the kindest and most genuine person I have worked for. She sets a great tone to motivate her team she is easy to talk to. But not a push over she knows how to get down to business and thats why she owns one of the leading offices throughout the country.

S&A Communications Is a great job opportunity if your looking for growth and management.

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at S&A Communications has been an awesome experience. The amount of teamwork and growth that is offered is like non that i have ever seen before. There are so many opportunities that come with a position through this company. Everyone that comes through the door is talented in there own way and everyone has room to grow in a company like this. Thank you for having great teamwork and always supporting each other. I am very lucky to have a career with S&A Communications

Cons

It's very hard to find a downside to S&A Communications. If i had to choose one thing it would be that the internet sometimes is not as fast as i would like! Even with a slower internet i can still get my job done and help support the team that believes in me so much.

I have no advice for the Upper Management. We have a great relationship, and i enjoy the open door policy that is always available.

Exceptional Training, Great Coworkers, Excellent Opportunity to Grow

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had no business experience when I applied to work at S&A Communications. Just the fact that they are willing to provide training to their employees separates them from a lot of other companies because most companies currently want 3-5 years experience. The training they provide is excellent, thorough, and successful.

I am grateful to have found a company that also provides opportunity to grow. Advancement was very important to me when I was looking to start my career, and I definitely wanted to find a company willing to support my growth. So many companies hire outside management, and S&A Communications was very attractive to me because they only promote from within.

Lastly, I really enjoy working with my coworkers. There is a very friendly, positive, team environment here and I really enjoy working with them everyday!

Cons

I can't really think of anything-I guess the schedule isn't that flexible but that's true of most companies so I understand.

The team atmosphere you have created here is wonderful. It is really nice to enjoy coming to work rather than dreading it. Keep up the positive energy and continue to grow as a company! Advancement is what it's all about!

Awesome Company That Provides Great Advancement Opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at S&A Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The advancement opportunity here is exceptional! Their willingness to train people into management sets them apart from other companies. The people I get to work with everyday are fun to be around, and they inspire me to strive toward my goals. I really like that all the trainers really care about your success and that they put in a lot of effort to make sure you receive the proper training.

Cons

It does take hard work and dedication, but for the person who is willing to put in the work the opportunity is completely worth it.

Keep up your training efforts. The training you provide to your employees is so valuable to their success and the company's success. Advancement is very important, and I like that this is merit based with no seniority. It's awesome that you reward the people who work the hardest.

Educational and fun.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at S&A Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere and people are great. It is a great opportunity for someone looking for a CAREER. The management and coaching are very helpful and seem to actually care if you do well.

Cons

The schedule is full time +. Putting in the time comes with rewards and recognition, but, again, it is more for people who are looking for a career vs. just a job.

Keep offering travel opportunities. I noticed the vibe was better when people were getting the chance to visit other markets. More fun seemed to equal more productive employees. And, keep promoting people. The days when people got promoted were my favorite.

S&A Communications Response

Feb 10, 2014President

Thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate hearing from our current and former employees about their experiences working with us. We are glad you were able to gain some solid advice and ... More

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS PYRAMID SCHEME!!

Former Employee - Human Resources/Sales/Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Human Resources/Sales/Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at S&A Communications part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are looking for interview practice they will give ANYONE who shows up an interview.

Cons

This company cold calls all applicants on Craigslist and CareerBuilder.com without even reviewing resumes. When they call they state either 'my manager has reviewed your application and is very interested in bringing you in for an interview' or 'we came across your resume on CareerBuilder.com and feel that you would be a good candidate for a position within our company'. When you begin to ask questions about what it is that they really do they are very mysterious about it. They will not give you a firm answer and will continuously tell you that the hiring manager will go over all the details in the interview. They are required to meet a quota each week for a certain amount of interviews/new starts. Basically they view each applicant as a number and pray to God that you fall for the scheme. If you do decide to go to the one-on-one training it is UNPAID. THIS IS DOOR-TO-DOOR SALES! They work with AT&T on their U-Verse campaign and word it as if they are dealing directly with consumers that are already pre-interested in the service. THIS IS A LIE. If you are looking for a commission based pay without meeting bonuses on a continual basis - this job is for you.

IN A NUT SHELL: The only way to move up and make a career in this company is if you find others to create a team beneath you and ensure that you meet your numbers which are unattainable.

Be up front about what it is you are really doing. Instead of preying on those who are weak and desperate to find a position - be honest!

S&A Communications Response

Feb 6, 2014President

We very much appreciate any feedback we receive as a company. We do want to clear up a few things though. AT&T is, in fact, our client. AT&T is a multi billion dollar client, and they would never ... More

S&A Communications Photos