S&D Coffee & Tea Reviews

1 Rating

1. Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC

I worked at S&D Coffee & Tea (Less than a year)

Pros

family-oriented, fun company,work-life balance

Cons

R&D department needs expansion, more opportunities

So sad!

I have been working at S&D Coffee & Tea full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Probably the most rewarding job from associate and customer support and appreciation.

Cons

Since Mr. Davis passed the work environment has continually gone down hill and getting worse. I have been here for 10+ years and have NEVER has a review nor a raise. I was hired for one position and have since been relegated to many others.

Advice to Management

We understand that today's business model is to do more with less, but should not come at the abuse (emotionally/financially) that have given their all! There is NO reason for not rewarding your employees annually in some manner. The thought that an employee can be considered guilty simply by a phone call from anyone is not trust inducive to a caring organization. The further thought that someone came up with for a "second call" situation is absurd to say the least! Don't know what this is about? Check on it and educate yourself about what is happening in our Company!

Road warrior, lots of windshield time. Can be rewarding working with a good team.

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at S&D Coffee & Tea

Pros

The best aspect of this job is the independence of working alone, yet management will be available for assistance when needed. You work hard physically, but it can be rewarding because of the relationships with customers.

Cons

On call one weekend a month.

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing a superb manager! The management exemplifies good company values.

Let's play the who do you know game

Current Employee - Route Salesman in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Route Salesman in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at S&D Coffee & Tea full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people below management level

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities. When they do promote not based on merit or qualifications, but more on knowing the right person.

Advice to Management

Promote based on performance not on politics.

It's a great place to work if you never want to spend time with your family.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I worked at S&D Coffee & Tea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok, but they could definitely pay more

Cons

Working every day for months on end with no end in sight. Unorganized management, not enough employees to meet their ever rising weekly quota.

Advice to Management

Give employees some time off to spend with their families, don't have us come to a meeting telling us how sorry your are we've been working for over a month with 0 days off then go home to your family every weekend. Fire all 3rd shift management,the scheduler and get rid of the temps. WE NEED SOME TIME OFF!!!! IT'S ONLY COFFEE, IT'S NOT THAT CRUCIAL. That's why so many people are quitting, family over a never ending work schedule. Most unorganized place I have ever had the displeasure of working.

Great opportunity! Amazing People to work with

Former Intern - Marketing Research Intern in Concord, NC
    Former Intern - Marketing Research Intern in Concord, NC

I worked at S&D Coffee & Tea as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working at S&D during my internship position over the summer. I worked with the marketing department and the experience taught me so much. Everyone helpful and allows you the freedom to do your work independently. Amazing opportunity to learn about the beverage industry.

Cons

I would say that if you are looking to intern here, be sure to do a lot of research on the company, their products and the industry, as you should with any job. However, this is a deal breaker for being successful here.

Good Company with Faults

I worked at S&D Coffee & Tea

Pros

Good core group of employees. Good bonus structure OK health plan Experiencing massive growth

Cons

Old school executive leadership Zero Communication Leadership out of touch with core values shown by most employees Nepotism is common Company moral has been DEAD since owner passed. Most management folks fight for power and it is quite evident.

Advice to Management

Listen to and trust your employees. Perhaps a change in culture is needed. Pl

It's a dependable job

I have been working at S&D Coffee & Tea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of available overtime. The work is not hard or heavy. They will hire older workers as long as they have machine operating experience. Free coffee and tea.

Cons

A little unorganized. Questionable leadership. Promotions based more on who you know than on merit. Starting pay is decent, but after that they nickel and dime you to death.

Advice to Management

Recruit ideas for improvement from your employees. They are the ones closest to the process. They have many great ideas, but no avenue to share them with you.

RSS Feed </> Embed