S&K Famous Brands

S&K Famous Brands Reviews

3.5

Joseph A. Oliver III
1 Rating

S&K Menswear...great culture...poor business model.

Current Employee - Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at S&K Famous Brands

Pros

Family feel. The culture is built around strong emotional ties. The company receives fabulous loyalty without investing much into its workforce, due to hiring people of great character. The goodness of the team around you binds you to the company.

Cons

Declining industry, and poor management decisions. The lack of growth means little opportunity to grow. There is also no formal training program in place for career development.

Be more agressive in pursuing opportunities, and be willing to adapt to the changing dynamics. What worked in the 80's will not work today, as the consumer and fashion has changed. Consumers today want uniqueness not cookie cutter clothes.

S&K

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at S&K Famous Brands

Pros

S&K was a great company to work for. Upper management was always willing to listen to your concerns and opportunity for growth was always present.

Cons

At times decisions were made at the store level that store management had no involvement in. Why have a store manager but not allow them to exercise their power?

Leave the company alone. Everything was going well until new "big wigs" were brought in and thought they could change the dynamics. Didn't work very well did it?

Sales-Manager at SK Famous Brands.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at S&K Famous Brands

Pros

Working hard with your co-workers and reaching goals. But the main thing is working with customers, for example, if you like to talk to strangers and meet different people also like sales, then S&K is a great place for you to work. If you ever need a day off or you're too sick to work. They are okay with you not been able to work, unlike one of my previous job where
    if I called out without a doctors not, I would be toast.

Cons

The brand or lack of brand and style of clothing.

My senior management at the branch level was great, However, at corporate, they should listen more to their employees.
    Ever since five or four corporate top dogs left and bought another company and Mr Oliver and other people took over S & K
    the company has closed lots of stores. I believe they need to go back to the old way of S&K and stop trying to be Men's Wearhouse.

It served as a good place to gain more experience

I worked at S&K Famous Brands

Pros

Learned a great deal about engaging and inspiring a team of professional sales people. The product selections made by the buyers was good.

Cons

There was very little room for professional development and career progression. The company should put more emphasis on developing their leaders.

Focus on professional development, giving clear concise motivational messages to inspire teams, and improve the overall logistics and supply chain.