S&P Capital IQ

Updated December 18, 2014
3.4

S&P Capital IQ President Imogen Dillon Hatcher
Imogen Dillon Hatcher

Pros
  • Culture; good work/life balance; a good place to start (in 41 reviews)

• good interpersonal skills and very friendly yet professional work environment (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has no interest in investing in employees and assisting in development (in 11 reviews)

• No growth options due to absence of good quality work (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked there for net one year and during my period i have learned a lot about finance .

Former Employee - Asset Management Executive in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Asset Management Executive in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The advantages to work with capital iq is you are free to learn all aspects of financial statements practically how a data can be processed by the people manually which was i think the best part of the company and i got the the best working staff there all employees whether they are senior or manager level very cooperative and supportive now coming to the compensation they were giving a satisfactory remuneration to all employees as per there work load and talent.

Cons

The only con which i felt was working in shifts specialty night shifts was hard to awake all night and processing difficult data it provokes errors also .

I do not think a year is enough to provide any advice or suggestion to any big organisation .

Very Good work culture

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People get valued for their ideas

Cons

nothing for now as cons. Cons is too a big work

Assistant Manager - Transactions

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great working environment, Great exposure, fast growth

Cons

Everything was perfect - over 8 years, and nothing to complain

A sweet option for part-timers/flexible proofreader types

Current Employee - Transcription Proofreader
    Current Employee - Transcription Proofreader

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, (sometimes) interesting content, not too taxing.

I work as a proofreader for the transcription department. I listen to the audio of a conference call or presentation and check the accuracy of a transcription. Pretty straightforward, easy work, and most of the calls are pretty interesting. The work is cyclical, tied to quarterly earnings reports of publicly-traded companies, so it's not full time (more like 26-32-ish weeks out of the year), but when there's work, there's plenty of work. Pay is decent but it would be hard to have this be a single job. That's not their fault though, they're very upfront about the amount of work, and most of their people do this as a second/side job so they're usually pretty understanding so long as you stick to what you promise.

Cons

Not a full-time job but can eat up too much time when it's busy.

The coaching opportunities were a good idea and should be continued/expanded.

Working for Capital IQ was one of the most enriching experience. I really liked the culture and values of the company

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Management, Nice people, nice culture and values, the employees are looked after very well and thats the best part about CIQ

Cons

Everything was as good as it gets

Excellant work environment

Former Employee - Team Leader in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Highly professional and Committed Employees

Cons

Shift systems and extended working working hours

Startup Fun Culture with perfect Professionalism and Work

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ as an intern

Pros

Its the perfect mix of a professional work culture and startup fun. You learn a lot, get mentored a lot, get challenging work but see people full of energy around you playing games, shouting, laughing, throwing jokes, making fun - that is you never get bored.
    There will never be a lack of energy and fun
    There will never be a lack of learning and quality work

Cons

Don't go by the negative reviews. I had really low expectations from the company after reading them but am so glad now that I joined it

Technology division: Excellent culture, work-life balance and learning

Current Employee - Developer/BA/QA/Database Administrator in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Developer/BA/QA/Database Administrator in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Technology team in Hyderabad division works on critical applications of the company, provides excellent growth for the smart and hard working candidates, and has a great work culture. More than 80% of the employees has come out of college over the years and retained by the company, it won't happen with out proper work life balance, work satisfaction. I'm one of them joined here more than 6 years ago from campus.
    Uses latest technology in market.
    Have more recent and exciting technologies and careers in Software industry for future like Data science and the company's culture allows you to move around teams/technologies as long as you've necessary technical and analytical skills.
    Developed many in house and great technologies, like web crawling, SOLR, Vertica.

Cons

You'll see colleagues from reputed colleges in India, like IITs and IIITs, NITs. People usually get a bit confused about the popularity of the company, because this company not as famous as amazon, microsoft in India, but its parent company is Standard and Poors, MC Grawhills and quite a famous, good corporate company in United states. So you can carry the brand in future if you will work in US and you'll really get all the benefits of corporate company and product based software company culture here.
    If you're the person who want to seek onsite opportunities, there are no long term onsite opportunities as of today, 2013 March. You will get chance to work for few months like less than 6 in head quarters, New York, Wall street.

Keep cranking.

Great place to start a Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Balanced work-life
    - Friendly and relaxed work environment
    - Good pay for amount of hours worked

Cons

- Career path uncertain
    - S&P culture has changed the start-up atmosphere
    - NOT finance

Great place to start your career.

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, fun environment.

Cons

Lack of vision. Not aligned with MHP.

Learn to embrace change.