S&P Ratings

www.standardandpoors.com

S&P Ratings Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Neeraj Sahai

Pros
  • Good work/life balance plenty of mobility opportunities (in 55 reviews)

• S&P is a steady company that has weathered a lot of the financial storms (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of incompetent people especially S&P people who worked there for too long (in 21 reviews)

• Senior management seriously disconnected with their employees (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

S&P Ratings

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsStrong desire to improve and innovate.

ConsCompany going through a re-organization.

Good work-life balance. Productivity sometimes is lacking.

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBest ratings provider. Biggest footprint.

ConsCulture doesn't support change. Management does, staff does not.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable for their actions. There is work to be done.

My experience was excellent. Learned more then ever everyday.

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHighly talented individuals and the company also offers to help you to establish yourself sending you to classes to develope your own position or help you move within the company to learn something new,

ConsI feel there comes a time in peoples careeres that they may need to be re examined for they sometimes lose sight of what the comapany is looking to do not what they are looking to do...

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel upper management of which I was a part of needs to know who the right people are for the job they need to have done. Some upper management are to big for their own shoes,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

S&P work culture

Lead Applications Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- work life balanced culture
    - Spend lot of time in planning, so projects proceed smoothly.
    - Process in place ( mostly )

Cons- Promotions, recognition's are hard to come by
    - employee appraisals process is not well defined. happens namesake more of a chore during year end.

Advice to Senior Managementshould establish career path , well defined goals to employees at the beginning of the year.

One of the best projects

Data Warehouse, ETL Tester (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsUsed best practice agile lifecycle; good HR performance management system; fine benefits

ConsOften times stressful work environment; too much use of off shore resources -- difficult communications, widely different working hours offshore.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet more often and on a predictable consistent schedule.

Good company

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDiverse portfolio of financial business

ConsSalary increments are very marginal

Amazing company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest summer intern experience ever. Everyone was helpful and was always ready to go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable! The project was actually worth something and got a chance to learn a lot

ConsNot much to say. Everything went pretty smoothly

It was an alright time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood co workers made it bearable

ConsNo movement or growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of strong workers

Great work environment and Internship program!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat teams to work with, awesome work environment.

ConsLimited responsibilities. I did work at Citi the previous year and that was much more finance related (as far as modelling, etc. goes); S&P was largely handling big data on CDO loans.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the internship experience- perhaps introduce a rotational program.

On the ratings side, the company is ivory tower at it's worse. The business is model is a legacy 1960s conglomerate.

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company has good benefits for the employees - healthcare, 401K matching, profit sharing, and health club subsidies.

ConsS+P is not interested in thought leadership and is mainly interested in the status quo. The firm is still recovering from the mistakes from the economic meltdown. Management is more worried about getting something wrong than having a desire to be right. The company spends to much time viewing competitors ratings.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from the mistakes from the past and reinvent your business. Ignore your competitors ratings and develop a truly independent viewpoint.

Worked for S&P Ratings? Contribute to the Community!