S&T Bancorp

1 Rating

deceived

Former Employee - Risk Analyst in Irwin, PA
    Former Employee - Risk Analyst in Irwin, PA

I worked at S&T Bancorp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good starting salary and benefits

Cons

picked up my life, changed states and residence for 2 months of employment due to a female supervisor who hired me sight unseen and then decided she did not like me

don't believe everything senior managment tells you

Pleasant experience, but under-appreciated

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller

I have been working at S&T Bancorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Loyal to those who have worked at company for many years
    -Smaller size of company allows for better relationships between employees in many departments
    -No need for a college degree at entry level

Cons

-Compensation is disproportionate for as much responsibility and stress associated with job
    -At entry levels, having a college degree provides no benefit
    -Seem to deter forward career movement for those who have not been with company for many years

Really seek and embrace those who wish to move further along in the company at a faster rate. Take note to those employees who have furthered their education, and wish to use the education to benefit your company.

Love it here!

Former Employee - Teller in Indiana, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Indiana, PA

I worked at S&T Bancorp

Pros

Great people! Great customers! easy to learn! Very understanding of other commitments. Management usually started at the bottom, so they are a wealth of knowledge. May not be the most up to date, but is one of the most friendly banks. Also they value your effort. If you try to sell and things dont work out, its okay as long as you tried.

Cons

out dated with the old calculator machines.

i love s&t and was sad to leave.

Small community bank with a good employee/employer relationship

Current Employee - Bank Manager
    Current Employee - Bank Manager

I have been working at S&T Bancorp

Pros

Strong community Bank with an emphasis on customer service and employees. Even though health coverage has increased, S&T Bank does a great job of taking care of it's employees. The also provide ample time off which gives them a strong balance of work/ life balance. They have also been for 3 years running, top 25 best places to work in Pennsylvania

Cons

Being a small community bank, the compensation for the job done is less than other larger financial competitors. Also, few incentives are available for the retail side of financial services. Becasue of this, it makes you feel underpaid for the job that is being done.

They are ultra conservative. I think that is what has kept S&T Bank around for 100 years, but it is difficult to expect substantial growth if no risks are taken. We are normally the last institution to join the "next great idea for banking" because we would rather sit back and make sure it works first and by the time we enter that market it is already saturated.