SA IT Services Reviews

2.2
Stephen Bowker

1. Level III Technician

I have been working at SA IT Services full-time

Pros

Support available 24/7 for projects. Compensated on time! Great people to work with.

Cons

Because it is contract work only...short term employment!

Advice to Management

Stick to what you know (desktop support services) and stay out of the higher end services(Servers, backup, networking).

2. Wanted them to be better

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SA IT Services

Pros

Remote employer mostly allowed me to do my job.

Cons

Forget promotions, just added workload reduced pay

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees

3. Company handles employees as same job title regardless of job responsibilities

Current Employee - Level I Technician in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Level I Technician in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at SA IT Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, it's a job, of any kind. I really can't think of anything positive.

Cons

Everyone at my location is paid the same regardless of duties/responsibilities. Management barely acknowledges that my team exists since we are a small team. Upper management from where I sit is nonexistent. A lot of the bad behavior is either ignored or swept under the rug. Only time we hear from any management is when they want something or you have caused them to be bothered.

Advice to Management

5. Only take this job if you have no other alternatives..

Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician
    Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician

I worked at SA IT Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Decent benefits after the 90-day waiting period. Peers were good guys willing to help you in any way.

Cons

Company will work you hard and no matter how dedicated you are, they will show you the door without notice and/or explanation. Upper management are jerks with no respect for their workers. They will mislead you into thinking your job is stable and once you've done whatever needs to be accomplished.....you get an email telling you that you're terminated.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation and loyalty to your employees.

6. Nice at first, worse after.

Current Employee - PC Refresh in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - PC Refresh in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SA IT Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What i absolutely love about this company is the time frame that it takes you to complete a certain amount of machines. For example, if you have 5 machines scheduled to do at night and you finish those under your 8 hours, you're done for the day, that's your 8 hours under 3 hours. There's a con against that though and ill explain later. With zero micromanagement, you can pretty much do whatever you want at the pace you want. Keep in mind that you still have to do your work otherwise you're getting chewed out the next day. With InPlace upgrades, it takes about 2.5 hours to build a machine. You can take a lunch while these machines are building. You still get your 8 hours too. Remember, you have to come back within that time to finish you job.

Cons

I been with this company for awhile and one reason, they promised OT. The workload got extensive. This is what they do. Your 5 machines minimum, now turns into 15 machines. About the OT, you need approval. They promise so many things to put your hopes up that when it comes to tripling your productivity, the expectations are that you finish it within 8 hours. And good luck getting a lunch break on this one. One of the unfair things about this place. You have to have something to snack on. I'd say its against the law but the moment you complain, they'll just can you. That's how shady this place is. The boss's, they're jerks and they have zero respect for you. In this place, i have been disrespected by the boss and bullied. Yes, all these are big no no's of the company.

SA review from a tech perspective

I have been working at SA IT Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company benefits after 1 yr.

Cons

Poor project management. If you're a manager\coordinator who doesn't do your job and produce a working schedule in a timely fashion, then it trickles down to the workload (or lack thereof) for the team under you. No training to newer employees by upper management\supervisors. Due to high performance and task demands, seasoned technicians do not have time to "train" them from the ground up. Supervisors known to force techs to work past their 8 hour shifts without OT compensation. Technicians blamed for not managing time properly when this happens. Punishments have occurred too often. For example, a technician being sat out from work for a certain period of time (an entire week? Seriously?) because their direct report supervisor didn't like the outcome of a certain event or situation. I have never seen such a high turnover rate in any organization. Work/life balance is non-existent.

8. Lacking in Upper Management & Direction

I have been working at SA IT Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the trenches doing the day to day activities are so hard working and loyal. It is sad that the upper management does not see this.

Cons

Everyone is completely expendable to upper management. They use and abuse their employees. They work you like a dog until they don't need you anymore and then you are shown the door. I will be surprised if this company makes it through to the end of the year.

Advice to Management

The company needs a complete overhaul in their thinking and management. People work faster and more efficiently when they are happy in their jobs and not constantly fretting about when they will get the phone call that they are no longer needed.

9. terrible

Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at SA IT Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

we got to travel alot

Cons

terrible unorganized company poor managment

10. Abuses Workers/Techs

Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SA IT Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A job at least, that will screw you over on overtime.

Cons

Do not pay you overtime if you work it at times. Do not offer any breaks or lunch time even on 12 hour plus work days. Terrible management. Do not work here. They will use and abuse you, then lay you off with no notice. They are complete scum bags.

Advice to Management

Kill yourselves, it's the only solution for you greedy scum bags.

11. Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician in Hopewell, NJ
    Former Employee - IT Refresh Technician in Hopewell, NJ

I worked at SA IT Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate setting, professional environment, close to major highways

Cons

Can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning, it becomes easier after a while

Advice to Management

Management was the best that I have worked for

RSS Feed </> Embed