SADA Systems

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
3.5

Tony Safoian

A company where you can really make a difference!

I have been working at SADA Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SADA's extremely dynamic and responsive - we're constantly evolving and improving. The management listens to the team and truly cares about their employees. We're a very flat organization that demands a lot from each person because with just over 100 employees, it's crucial to carry your weight! The best part about SADA is that there's always something new, and you have the opportunity to really make a difference here. If you think there's something that can be done better, just speak up and make it happen.

Cons

This con is mostly a byproduct of our size, but I would love to see more PTO (or the incorporation of sick days) and of course, who wouldn't love more compensation?

Our management team has been working really hard on improving the transparency of our objectives and key results across our organization, in the hopes that these will help guide the day to day activities of every member of the team. Really looking forward to seeing an improvement in this area going into 2015! It's been a bit of a challenge to keep these front and center in the past, given our speedy growth.

Fast Growing, Dynamic, Fun, Family Oriented Org (@ SADA for 2+ yrs)

I have been working at SADA Systems full-time

Pros

SADA is rapidly growing every day! Due to rapid growth there is more room for personal and professional development then at large organizations. Since I started at SADA I’ve demonstrated interest in multiple different departments and each time was approached with an opportunity to transfer. The executive management team has created a “work hard, play hard” culture at SADA and values each and every employee. The people at SADA are some of the smartest people I have had the opportunity to work with and have gained more knowledge than I would have ever expected.

Cons

Match more on 401K and provide tuition/certification reimbursement and time flexibility

N/A There is an open door policy!!

World Class Experience

Former Employee - Inside Sales Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Director in Austin, TX

I worked at SADA Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SADA is a fast growing, cloud computing company known for innovation. Their team is comprised of smart, talented people from all different backgrounds. There is always something new to learn, diverse culture, great leadership and they promote performers from within.

Cons

I have no cons. SADA is an amazing company, I'm very grateful to have been able to contribute to their success.

Continue to always be improving in every way possible, setting the bar higher and higher.

One of the best companies to work for in corporate America!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SADA Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Family based work environment, every employee is treated like a family member and valued
    -Open door policy, the CIO & CEO actually listen to employee feedback
    -Great place to learn, company sponsors certifications and a great place to learn
    -Constant innovation and cutting edge technology, there is no other place that you can learn so much at such a short time
    -Great work life/ balance
    -Generous incentive program, one of the BEST in the industry

Cons

-Some of the not so positive feedback provided here is absolutely incorrect, SADA is one of the best places to work in the US.

-We love your compassion, kindness and vision for your employees, keep it up.

Negative, high stress environment with little acknowledgement or praise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at SADA Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People at this company are nice, generally speaking.

The majority of people at the company are very young.

Cons

Since executive management found out about negative reviews on here, they have HR & Marketing write positive ones to skew the rating in their favor. Easy to spot with sentences like “With food and ping pong tables, who wants to go home?!” I don’t care how much you love the company where you work, no one would actually write that in a genuine review.

The repeated vernacular and excessive use of exclamation points in the positive reviews, pointing out things like benefits and compensation, clearly speak to someone that isn’t actually reviewing a specific position or what it’s like to work for this company.

There is an overabundance of systems in place, which are extremely redundant, often causing double the workload and slowing things down.

One of the biggest issues is the inconsistencies with company policies. Some are people are allowed to work from home, some are not. It’s at your manager’s discretion vs. a company policy.

Compensation is okay for some positions and horrible for others. There is no standard pay scale for each position and varies based upon what they feel you’re worth.

Instead of having HR & Marketing try to fix your image, address the problems the genuine reviews expose.

Great place to work!

I have been working at SADA Systems

Pros

Great work life balance. I've never worked at a place that was more supportive! Also get to learn a lot working with such a smart group of people.

Cons

The only bad thing that I can think of to say is that the Drive is too far (with traffic)

Keep promoting from within!

Grossly underqualified managers, undervalued and overworked employees.

I have been working at SADA Systems full-time

Pros

There are key contributors here who keep the company afloat with their integrity and drive.

Cons

There are too many managers who are completely out of touch, and oftentimes grossly underqualified.

Key resources are overly relied on and completely drained.

Opinions and complaints about management are completely swept under the rug. Managers are not coached to improve practices that put their resources under duress.

Sweeping corporate changes are communicated mainly through office gossip.

Long hours with little to no reward, with generally extremely low pay (competitively across the industry).

Inept operational practices, leading to less overall profitability. Barely controlled chaos. People are fired without warning, with no communication at all from management or HR to the remaining team members. The environment is toxic - fear and threats are used to gain results (sales-based company). Lunch once a week and a party with beer is intended to fix this.

No vision or strategy for continued growth, no structure for operational/career growth is in place.

Put the right people in positions of leadership.

A company lacking in vision, trust and job security

I worked at SADA Systems full-time

Pros

There are a few great people, who make working there enjoyable (as much as it can be)

Many insurance options to choose from

Cons

Some Managers/Directors use their titles/power to bully and belittle those that report to them

Work life balance is terrible. Two weeks total PTO is given, and you’re looked upon negatively if you actually use your time.

Different rules apply to different people. People are not held to the same company standards at all, varying by department or manager. Performance doesn't matter - all that matters is if your manager likes you.

Culture is one of distrust and very negative overall. If you don’t like to gossip, you probably will not do well, as it is a very gossip based culture.

Employees are disposable, job security is nonexistent. The turnover rate is off the charts for a small company. There is also very little career growth opportunity

Treat your employees with trust and respect

It's not worth it

I worked at SADA Systems

Pros

A young, casual work environment

Cons

Specialized treatment by those in leadership roles.
    Overworked employees.
    Incompetent Management.
    Zero job security.
    Resources are completely disposable.
    Morale is constantly low.

If you can't make your employees happy, maybe it's time to look at yourselves.

We keep growing!

I have been working at SADA Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The company culture is great. I've never worked with such smart, hard working individuals!
    - The industry we work in is fast-paced and constantly changing, therefore, we strive to be agile as a company.
    - We have fun! Things such as monthly social gatherings, Pizza Tuesdays, ping pong tournaments, and core value activities are some of the things you may encounter here.
    - It's a family oriented business. You feel as if you matter here, rather than getting lost in numbers.

Cons

With food and ping pong tables, who wants to go home?!

Continue advocating for our culture.