SAG

Updated Jan 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ken Howard

Mostly a positive experience; however, the political environment is volatile and charged.

Program Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat place to work and flexible schedule. Supportive to those in the entertainment industry.

ConsHighly charged political environment and volatile emotionally sensitive work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to be more transparent and make rewards and disciplines commensurate with performance and employee effort.

Brown nose required, soul sold separately.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe job entails interacting with agents and entertainers from a myriad of professions within the entertainment field, some of whom you're actually familiar with.

ConsOften, the interacting comes down to explaining basic rules and regulations and consistently correcting the opinionated disinformation from some of these same "Hollywood's finest."

Advice to Senior ManagementIf customer service is as important as you claim, help them, and yourselves, succeed, don't treat them as if they're the most replaceable commodity you must employ.

Intellectually fulfilling

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a great team atmosphere.

ConsBecause there is a low turnover rate there is little room for advancement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Difficult for minorities...!

Free-lance Actor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you have a Talent Agent you can get submitted for auditions?

ConsNo Talent Agent, no possibility of getting work...!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore 'pro-active," interest in getting Hispanic-named persons who don't fit the, "Hispanic-Stereotype," a Talent-Agent so they can enter the work-pool for audition's...!

Great Place to work, but salary is not competitive.

Business Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe benefits and working hours are fantastic. It is a relaxed work place with very nice people and the work is very fulfilling.

ConsThe salary is not competitive in the least for new hires. It takes many years to make a reasonable wage.

Self Important Prima Donnas Galore - Rethink working here unless you sympathize with Leona Helmsley.

IT Department (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat name to put on the resume. "I survived working at SAG" stories over dinner with friends.

ConsEmergencies created and fueled by emotions. Business decisions (demotions etc) decided emotionally, disrespectfully and irrationally. Although I was not myself ever demoted, I was witness to several of these "business crimes" committed. There is too much yelling on a daily basis in the IT department. Employees have been known to pack up their belongings and walk out. Numerous resignations even though they have no job lined up have been turned in. One former employee is currently going through counselling to deal with the experience of working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the IT dept from the top down. Stop ignoring the complaints, resignations, and arbitrary demotions and promotions of the employees.

For a career in workers union, it may be the place for you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible about taking time off during work depending on superior. Occasional company gatherings (good or bad depending situation).

ConsUpper management is disorganized. Poor communication between departments. Salary is a joke and not so great benefits package.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor leadership among management level staff.

Not a bad company to work with

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsOppurtunity and flexible timings and some times we will have to flexible

Consyou mess with the management and you are finished.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove

Very Good Working environment

SQA Executive (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsSuperb working atmosphere & Good worklife balance!!!!!!!!!!

ConsWorking Infrastructure, Facilities management, Employee management

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking Infrastructure, Facilities management needs to be improved

Worked for SAG? Contribute to the Community!