SAIC

www.saic.com

SAIC Reviews in Bethesda, MD

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights
1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

I'm a mercenary.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThe contractor leadership is pretty good, if limited in authority to actually control anything. They recognize the value of people and work hard to improve job satisfaction. The pay and benefits are really pretty good -- competitive in the industry, if not much better. Most of my coworkers are bright and motivated, and the work is fundamentally interesting.

Note that a lot depends on which part of SAIC you're working for. SAIC is really a conglomeration of smaller companies. The organization that I work for was one such company, and as such retains a lot of it's original identity.

Work here is VERY stable, which is good if you like to do the same thing for a long time.

ConsSAIC is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to make the government customer happy, even if that means making poor long-term decisions.

Senior SAIC leadership isn't interested in rewarding performance. I led a team of half-a-dozen developers to a successful finish that leadership said we probably couldn't attain. It was grueling, and we won, and our reward for a year of pain and suffering was a lunch at PF Chang's on the company's nickel. Ouch.

Work here is VERY stable, which means that growth potential is terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt isn't all about salary and benefits -- people have to feel like their voice matters, or they won't contribute.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!