SAIC Reviews

Reset
4.6
SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 50 reviews)

• Good benefits and great Senior Management support (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting information frm upper management to do the job properly (in 36 reviews)

• No loyalty from senior management as to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

1. Smart people, positive atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is one of the best
    Very smart and helpful engineers and staff
    Management are friendly and easy to talk to

Cons

None. There's been a lot of clutter with splitting the company but that's about it

2. Market Development Executive

Former Employee - Market Development Executive in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Market Development Executive in Chantilly, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A solid company that measures success by performance. Employee oriented with extensive online internal training.

Cons

Obtaining management decisions to move forward on new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Recognize that the size of an opportunity may not represent the larger opportunity down the road.

3. Good Company

Former Employee - Finance in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Finance in Chantilly, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, mostly good people, good training programs

Cons

New benefit plan stinks (basically no benefits until you meet your deductible), upper management cannot be trusted. Stock prices have plummeted. Many layoffs but laid off the wrong people. SSC is worthless (purchasing, HR, security) and should go back to the BU's,

Not bad but headed in a bad direction because of bad upper management.

Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary, promotions, benefits, good work environment but a lot of military psychos work there.

Cons

Ridiculous overhead rates caused by too many chiefs make winning new work impossible. Collosal blunders like the Greek Olympics ($100 million loss) and CityTime ($500 million loss) caused by poor upper management.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire board of directors.

6. I felt like I was surrounded by good people

Former Employee - GIS Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - GIS Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I worked at SAIC

Pros

I worked for SAIC's Spatial Concepts and Technologies Division for and then moved to another defense contractor due to the contract ending. The atmosphere at SAIC is so different and so much better than where I'm working now, even though my current employer also has a good reputation. I noticed small things like people going out their way to hold the door open for you, things people say in the halls, etc. In my first week at my new job, I passed one lady in the hall telling another one "not to think about this place" while she was on vacation. I never heard anyone say anything like that at SAIC. I also noticed how at SAIC people seem to expect you to be sociable, which makes it a lot more enjoyable workplace. Overall at SAIC the people seemed happier.

Cons

They would expect you to work more than 8 hours a day if something was due. Sometimes felt like a contest to see who wanted to keep their job the most.

Advice to Management

I guess the only feedback i have is that in retrospect, SAIC was a great place to work.

7. Great place to contribute

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Excellent environment, mid managers and co-workers. Hardworking, reasonable appraoches usually prevail. Very good communications from managment on changes and general information impacting employees. Sticks to great corporate ethics.

Cons

The transition from employees owned has been generally smooth, and Ken Dahlberg completed this task fairly smoothly and apprpopriately. However senior mangement did not continue the past respect for employees that Dr B did.

Advice to Management

Find away to keep and foster the entreprenurial sprit as the company grows in the private sector. Continue to foster employee caree opportunities across groups and BUs.

8. If you like to work for a large company, this is a good one.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

A lot of great people work there, and they have a wide variety of interesting projects. When employees lose coverage, SAIC is quite good at finding them work elsewhere within the company. Despite the size of the company, management treats employees quite well, and almost always welcome our feedback.

Cons

As with any large company, there can be a lot of unnecessary politics and red tape. Dealing with HR can be frustrating, as they often take weeks to respond to even the simplest requests. Ever since the company went public in 2006, the sense of pride in being an employee-owner has vanished.

Advice to Management

Have consistent policies across the company...for example, different business units should not have different benefit packages.

Come for a job, stay for a career.

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Entreprenurial environment; opportunities to develop new ideas into new business; high standard of ethics.

Cons

Benefits (lack of a cafeteria plan); generally lower than market compensation.

Advice to Management

Conduct broader employee surveys when consdiering benefit, HR policy, and compensation changes (no more Gallup surveys please).

Showing 8 of 1,309 reviews