SAIC

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.3 1,064 reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines(in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees(in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC(in 32 reviews)

1,064 Employee Reviews

Don't care about employees. It's all about $$$$$$. Their precious contract is more important

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosoffers health benefits, 401k and so forth...etc.

ConsPoor leadership. Quick to fire people without a 2nd thought. Hyprocritical, micro manage people...even though it's their fault that things aren't scheduled or done in a timely fashion. Lack of organization but want things done....no questions asked. DO as I say..not do as I do mentality. Project Manager wants to work you like a dog..and if you don't have 100 hours in the books...he thinks your lazy. THinks job is more important than you having a life outside of work . Lack of concern or care for employees. Employees have worked in bad work environments but that never factors in. If a employee makes a mistake...they are quick to want to fire you. NO mentoring...no leadership....no guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above and get a clue.

Does not recognize hard work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThey are a large, stable company. Job security should not be a concern.

ConsThey do not value the worth of their employees. You can perform better each year and not receive the pay raise you deserve. They use any excuse as a cost saving reason, including the government shutdown in a division that only does commercial contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide timely raises, promotions, and competitive benefits or your employees will be hired by your competitors.

Large company that's in the midst of a transformation

ProsAmazingly talented colleagues
    Like most consulting firms...important to build your internal network

ConsIn its current state, not the right company for you if you are not open to change
    Development of employees is slim to none right now
    Communication between management and staff is in consistent and sporadic

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SAIC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosdynamic and very diverse sci / tech company, interesting work, very smart people

Consincreasing managerial hierarchiarchy, became too bureaucratic

Advice to Senior Managementreturn to earlier innovative approach

I had a great time working at point loma on the base.

Drafter (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosprofessional peolpe / co-workers. great environment

Constemporary assignment, break in assignment, contract lapsed

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let contracts lapse. keep on them for steady work and no interuptions or delays.

Good Company

Business Development (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities to delve into a host of offerings and competencies. Proactive in supporting employee growth.

ConsSomewhat "stuck" in NIH (not-invented-here) syndrome. Bit closed minded about change.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was very open and interested in improving services, meeting goals, ensuring employee satisfaction overall.

A challenging company to work for

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSmall projects, high regard for the customer (and typically from the customer as well), corporate support for career from HR and the new "service line" organization.

ConsLow project stability, high responsibility and visibility, need to pay attention to contract expirations so you don't get "marooned" on a project without continuing funding.

Advice to Senior ManagementService line rollout has been really rocky; there's absolutely NO standard way to find out who an employee's project supervisor is (that information was completely lost because the company replaced "supervisor" information with "service line leader" information). We need both -- and it should be easy for the line and project managers for a particular employee to communicate, and instead it's simply guesswork.

Sr Program Manager

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat work environment and good people with lots of skills across many areas.

ConsLike everyone they are cutting back on benefits. Medical Insurance as well as other things.

Mixed emotions about company

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsScience Application International Corporation - SAIC is a decent size company with many locations. There is a lot of opportunity to move positions within the company. Great management team in Huntsville

ConsCompany has been cutting benefits over the past several years. After had the spin-off this past year into two separate companies, Leidos and SAIC, the company seems to be more worried about profitability vs keeping employees happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting benefits offered to employees.

Solid Company

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Crane, IN

ProsGood salary and benefits, bonuses commiserate with effort

ConsOrganizationally inefficient, personel management and individually tasked both a fulltime job

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!