SAIC

SAIC Reviews in McLean, VA

Updated Jul 17, 2014

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines(in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees(in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC(in 32 reviews)

93 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great starting out company

Systems Integrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsTravel, strong tech work, less of a small fish in a big pond

Conscompensation in relation to industry standard

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

True Government contract.

Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThe company has many resources such as affinity groups for women in STEM, new hires, and diversity groups. The pay was ok, initially. The company is very large, so it is easy to move around to new positions.

ConsThe company is a true government contracting company, so contracts are won and lost all the time, meaning jobs can come and go. Also, the bonus structure is vague.

Terrific people but inefficient management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsYou will have the opportunity to work on many projects for many customers and learn about the work our contract (direct) employees are doing around the world. Those who work on contracts take great pride in their work; many have been with the company for 15 years or more.

ConsThe lines of communication between the executives and employees is almost non-existent. Management will say they value the input of employees; however, there is no outlet for employees to contact management, and posting complaints and concerns on the internal social media site leads to a whirlwind of activity - none of it good.

The performance review process is grossly unfair; basically, unless you cure cancer, you will not get a positive review or a raise.

Compensation is low. It's a decent wage, but lower than peer companies pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Pay attention to their concerns. Develop a real, true, strategic plan, work with all levels of the company to meet it, and share the rewards with everyone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed the seven years I was employed with SAIC. I was able to establish a solid workin relations with the senior man

Deputy Human Resources Director (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsExcellent benefits
    Company culture was hard to beat when it was employee owned

ConsEmployee morale declined with launch of the IPO followed by the separation of company into two separate entities

SAIC is a very good company to work for, you have never ending opportunity.

Project Control (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThe believe in promoting within the company. The training program is very good, they have skill soft class that you can take on your on time, and you own set time.

ConsThe benefits are good, heath benefit are not bad consider other company. The company believe in you spending time with you family....

Good Company

Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThey pay well and keep you working.

Consthey don't give good raises.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more raises to employees!

Started out great. Ended in a ball of flames.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsIn the beginning the company was employee owned. Nothing positive to say now.

ConsRecently split off and is currently going through rounds of mass layoffs. Everyone is trying to save their own jobs, so unless you're one of the decision makers you're likely to next on the list. Even if you have coverage on a contract. They are trying to get cheaper workers on their contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to caring for your employees.

Had a great time working with the people at SAIC

Communication Support Specialist (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsAlways made one welcome to work for them. Company tried to coma date everyone so they could have the best equipment to work with. When wanting time off they were more then willing to adjust their work schedule to see that you could have the time need.

ConsLost contract with no openings to stay within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work to keep good people from having to go else where for a new job.

My experience at SAIC was HORRIBLE!!!

Associate Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThey just built the subway.

ConsLeadership, the ability to grow within your position

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more concern about your employees well being.

Great experience

Recruiter (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsWorked with very smart people

ConsAwful manager at the end, ruined the whole experience

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers who like people

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!