SAIC

3.4
1,099 Reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Absolutely great people to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Very pleasant experience and professional people to work for.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time.

Would like to continue working for them.

Diverse career options and plenty of challenges

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Strong Technical Focus and solid profit numbers.

Cons

Not a lot of support after contracts run out.

Go for more commercial customers.

Menial toil and general drudgery.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

The hours were fine and the benefits were decent enough. Management was generally quite understanding about time off. Most of my fellow plebes were pleasant comrades.

Cons

The work was dull, dull, dull. Pressing management to be assigned to more difficult tasks/interesting work was met with a resounding "no" -- which was interesting. How often does an employee ask to do more work, at the same pay, and be denied?

Your egos are larger than your offices; how on earth do you manage to fit through the door without bruising it?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, but not for ambitious personalities

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Professional growth is encouraged. Can take specialized class tracks which can assist you in obtaining certifications (MCSE, for example). Benefit cost is very reasonable. Raises are decent, and company matches in 401K at 50%, up to 6%. Do not have to put it in their stocks too, which is nice. Occasionally will get bonus.

Cons

Well, let's see...it is easy to get stuck in a rut, career-wise, and there is absolutely NO favoritism obtained from applying for open positions. Hard to move up. Can be given more responsibilities in current position, but not a company for the ambitious. Management listens, and I have good relationships with them, but still wonder if they are putting on a "face" for me. Not treated like a number as much as at other contractors at which I have worked, but not exactly getting on the fast track either. I think senior management is stagnant and needs to be replaced. HR doesn't listen either. I question some of the acquisitions lately -- do they really complement our core competencies?

Retire, before the couches in your office are replaced with caskets.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!