SAIC Reviews

3.5
1,137 Reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 50 reviews)

• Good benefits and lots of opportunities to expand your skill set (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 35 reviews)

• No loyalty from senior management as to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

SAIC

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome contract and DoS great customers for the most part! Plenty of online training opportunity

Cons

Management pass the buck on dealing with difficult customers and tend to appoint inexperienced employees in management roles. Also, improve the Health Benefits, the employee absorb too much of the cost and kick up the tuition reimbursement and bring it back to 5K and above per year, as most of the staff could use the money to at a least motivate them to acquire a post high school education.

Promote from within, do not grab someone from the opposing engineer team that made life miserable and make them a program manager....c'mon you can do better! (I hope!?!?)

SETA Contractor

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Better pay than Gov Employees.

Cons

Not the job security that is used to be.

Keep fighting for us.

Proud, Professional, Capable organization

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One feels like part of a family, not merely a number

Cons

I noted nothing negative about the company

Valuing their Employees

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SAIC values their employees and the contributions they bring to the organization as a whole.
    Everyone has a voice, which is a pleasant change from other companies where I have worked. They also do a great job with work-life balance, including telecommuting options for many.

Cons

The company is "one year new", following the split with Leidos. Fortunately, many of the old values still remain. Working through some resource constraints.

Reasonable work culture but un-engaging work.

Former Employee - Computer Engineering Co-op in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Computer Engineering Co-op in Huntsville, AL

I worked at SAIC as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Hours were very flexible. As an on-site contractor I could alter my schedule as needed so long as I gave my project lead a heads-up. I could do 5 8's, 4 10's, or 4 9's and a 4. I could turn out cubicle lights and listen to music as I worked. Very relaxing.

Cons

Work subject matter working for the DoD is not necessarily the most exciting. You build what Uncle Sam wants exactly how he wants it. And you have a lot of paperwork about it too.

Major gripes were with contracts, not upper management. They seemed alright.

Still in love with the company after 6 years!!! Excited for more.

Current Employee - Project Management Analyst V in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Management Analyst V in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The office culture is awesome. There is an atmosphere of positive reinforcement. With the company split from Leidos, we are back in the business of growing the corporation.

Cons

Company has to be sure to offer new opportunities to existing employees looking for advancement and prior to hiring new employees at even higher wages.

Offer more leadership and telecommuting opportunities to improve the work-life balance and the environment.

Good Company to work for in Metro DC Area

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment and friendly colleagues

Cons

Benefits are not that great

Great if you can make a large company "small"

I worked at SAIC full-time

Pros

Large corporations depend on small office to get work done. The right manager can make the large company feel smaller and more personable. A division with strong, healthy leadership and growth is a joy to work for.

Cons

If you are in a division or office lacking strong leadership, you can become just a number in the corporate system. Lacking business development can mean you are only viable as long as the current contract exists.

My experience has been great. The company is very professional. There are a lot of different levels of technical experts

Current Employee - Deployment, Validation, Operations Manager in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Deployment, Validation, Operations Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible with time-off and work schedules as long as you get the required time in per week and are following policy. They also support education, training, and certification. There is compensation for certifications as long as they are pre-approved.

Cons

Not the best benefits package. Premiums are at an all time high. Also, teams are now broken out into different service lines. And I've only talked to my task manager via email as they sit in a different location.

More communications from service lines down to the lowest level.

Good company

Former Employee - Mechanical Assmebler in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Mechanical Assmebler in North Charleston, SC

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a good mix, got to do some state side traveling and they took care of you when you travel! Lots of hours

Cons

Not really any cons besides lots of layoffs, once I got the layoff notice I tried to get into new positions within the company but never worked out even though I have lots of experience

No thanks