SAIC

Updated Jul 19, 2014

3.3 1,062 reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines(in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees(in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC(in 32 reviews)

1,062 Employee Reviews

A great company if you understand the business model - consultants have to be under contract at all times.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID

ProsGood pay and benefits. The quality of work depended mainly on the individual contract, but that is true of all consulting work. I enjoyed my co-workers. Good opportunities to transfer to other locations.

ConsTo many re-organizations and management changes. The company was not as good after going public. Some of the problems can be attributed to the changes in government contracting methods and philosophies that made it more difficult to operate this type of business.

Company splits are never fun, but this one was managed well.

ProsSome of the greatest peers and coworkers anywhere. There remains some of the entrepreneurial roots and that is the part that always made SAIC distinct.

ConsSetting a new culture after a split will take time and there is a human toll in the uncertainty. The old SAIC is being slowly drummed out of existence and within 3 years or less, it will be just another big corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that without people, your company is worthless. Demoting people and affecting their pay to achieve targets while keeping the most senior leaders whole on their compensation is telling.

Great starting out company

Systems Integrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsTravel, strong tech work, less of a small fish in a big pond

Conscompensation in relation to industry standard

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, mature company suitable for long-term career

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsSAIC is extremely mature and its management has lots of experience in caring for its veteran employees and developing new talent. The company is involved in a huge number of projects in many locations, so anyone can likely find a role that they enjoy.

ConsThe size of the company can be daunting especially for new employees, and the contract-based nature of SAIC's business model lends itself more to a project-centric employee identity rather than a feeling of fellowship with the company as a whole. Also, the contract work model means projects and jobs may come and go.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

It's all about the bottom line $$$$.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Fort Bliss, TX

ProsWhen it used to be an employee owned company it was great. On the flip side they do have good benefits excellent tuition reimbursement and if your motivated they have an SAIC University,

ConsPlenty of lip service and no follow thru. Sadly several of my coworkers that had 15 20 25 years were let go after the company split.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are the backbone of the company. Without them SAIC doesn't exist. I understand that employees are replaceable however talent and integrity are not. Warm bodies will get the job done. But employees with quality and integrity will get it done right the first time.

SAIC Review

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosopportunity, values, culture, resources, management

Conspolitics, tedium, competition, backstabbers, closed-mindedness

Advice to Senior Managementhave some compassion

Great pay and excellent people to work with.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsCompany benefits, strong focus on ethics. on-line training and certifications.

ConsCompany leadership seemed to have lost focus on the employees, more focused on the company split to Leidos.

SAIC a company in flux but still a great place to work

Engineering Designer (Former Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsSAIC provides great learning and intellectual growth opportunities through their world-wide project base yet maintains a casual work environment.

ConsMany technical employees are responsible for maintaining an average goal of ~95% time sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to cross-train existing, long time employees (10+ years of service?) to another business function where they may be more advantageous to the company before terminating.

Great Place to Work

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTime-off is excellent more than 2 weeks. Good company values, great benefits

ConsWhen your contract ends it may be difficult to find another job with SAIC

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany need to try and retain employees who have worked with them for years.

Great Place to work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Patuxent River, MD

ProsThe jobs are stable and the people I work with are wonderful. My managers lead by example. My government customer encourages growth and makes sure the employees are treated fair and with respect.

Consthe pay could be a little better but, I am happy and that's something you cant put a price on.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!