SAIC Reviews

3.5
1,235 Reviews
SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 50 reviews)

• Good benefits and lots of opportunities to expand your skill set (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 36 reviews)

• No loyalty from senior management as to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

1. Part-time Assistant

I worked at SAIC part-time

Pros

Very friendly co-workers. Everyone was willing to help out. Great facilities and professional atmosphere.

Cons

I did not work with SAIC long enough to get a feel for all of their policies and style of conducting business.

2. IT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Great company to advance in your career

Cons

benefits ok but better that average

3. Great job

Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL
    Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at SAIC as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

-salary
    -job requirements (the job is not a difficult one if you come in with an I.T. background)
    -annual raises (GREAT)

Cons

-detachment from the company (as we work on a contract basis, we work at the customer site, we have a manager from the company that is also assigned to the site, however, he works day shift only)
    -All company activities are only planned around day shift workers, if you work 2nd or 3rd shift, you are pretty much excluded (i.e. company picnic, holiday parties, etc.)

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to get all 3 shifts involved in company outings, and maybe somehow figure out how to avail management to all 3 shifts.

5. Team Lead

Former Employee - Team Lead in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company and management team. They really take an interest in your career and help to make sure you reach your goals.

Cons

Benefits have been declining each year. Merit increases are minimal.

Advice to Management

Continue to assist with development of talent, and work harder to retain employees/

6. NDBC

Former Employee - Meteorological Data Analyst in Stennis Space Center, MS
    Former Employee - Meteorological Data Analyst in Stennis Space Center, MS

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate was pretty hands-off with the government contract. It felt more like we worked for NOAA than SAIC

Cons

Corporate didn't care about the government contract employees who wanted to stay with SAIC after contract ended

7. Good!

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

its a good company to be with

Cons

not alot of paid holidays

When it was employee owned it was centered around employee happiness not profits for the shareholders.

Former Employee - Geospatial Analyst
    Former Employee - Geospatial Analyst

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Good pay and benefits. The company is very large and has many locations. With so many positions with the government from city to state and up to the federal level there are many different positions and career fields to choose from.

Cons

With the breakup of the company especially after making bad investment decisions and spending money on the transition we lost many positions.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees without their support you wouldn't exist in the community. Try and put the employees's happiness to the forefront of your attention not only focus on investors profits.

9. Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The help desk campaign I work for is easy after you learn what you have to do. Management treats employees with respect, they understand that life happens.

Cons

Not clear of how long I will be a temporary employee to full time status. Not able to have benefits until full time employee. Because of the lack of communication of being hired on full time I gave 3 stars. If I was already hired on it would be 4 or 5.

Advice to Management

Give us hope, incentives and compensations especially if we are doing a great job hitting our metrics.

10. My experience here has been mixed.

Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist
    Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company at large is successful and will continue to be successful.

Cons

Management has no concept of day-to-day work in the operations environment and only cares about avoiding looking bad in front of government reps.

Advice to Management

Spend more time learning about the work of their subordinates and less time trying to quantify that work in order to justify cutting personnel to satisfy over-promised contract requirements, especially when the work is often abstract and/or preventative in nature.

11. I good place to start or finish, but you're on your own for professional development.

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started at the very bottom and was promoted to a supervisor position quickly - but I work very hard and have too much experience for the position. You can move up, but moving to a new type of position is difficult. My manager is one of the best bosses I've ever had. I generally like my job. The company is on the rise and is being awarded more and more contracts, and it's stock is on the rise.

Cons

The company seems to value degrees above what you've proved to them you can do, and what certifications you have. I couldn't even get a interview for a different position. The company does not support you getting extra certifications. You are on your own. They do offer tuition assistance for degrees though. It's a crazy way to run a tech company - certifications are important in our industry. The pay isn't great. After working hard and being promoted a person who I do not know and does not know me evaluated my performance as satisfactory. My annual raise based on that barely keeps up with inflation. Management is not permitted to tell other employers how well you perform - only confirm your employment dates and title; thanks a lot.

Advice to Management

Reward your hard-chargers to retain your best employees. Develop your employees who have a desire to lead and learn. If your employees work hard for you, the least you can do is recommend them.