SAIC

3.3 1,052 reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

1,052 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines"
    in 47 reviews
  • "Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits"
    in 57 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees"
    in 31 reviews
  • "Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC"
    in 30 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great pay and excellent people to work with.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsCompany benefits, strong focus on ethics. on-line training and certifications.

ConsCompany leadership seemed to have lost focus on the employees, more focused on the company split to Leidos.

SAIC a company in flux but still a great place to work

Engineering Designer (Former Employee)
    Oak Ridge, TN

ProsSAIC provides great learning and intellectual growth opportunities through their world-wide project base yet maintains a casual work environment.

ConsMany technical employees are responsible for maintaining an average goal of ~95% time sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to cross-train existing, long time employees (10+ years of service?) to another business function where they may be more advantageous to the company before terminating.

Great Place to Work

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsTime-off is excellent more than 2 weeks. Good company values, great benefits

ConsWhen your contract ends it may be difficult to find another job with SAIC

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany need to try and retain employees who have worked with them for years.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working with SAIC management

Senior Usability Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsWhen first employed, I suggested that I could give brown bag seminars in my career field to interest other SAIC employees in getting certified for a lateral career move. Management approved my proposal and supported acquisition of training materials for it. After that, three employees made the lateral move, proving the concept.

ConsThe switch to Leidos overshadowed continuation of creative efforts at corporate growth and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Keep up the tradition of forward thinking.

Very professional company

Property Logistic Speacial (Former Employee)
    Bagrāmī, Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGood pay, great time off. All around great workers with a good sense of proessionalism. Managment willing to take care of their workers.

ConsLONG HOURS,DANGER ZONE,WAR ENVIRONMENT, Fatigue and stressful limited downtime work schedule frequently changes. This type of environment is not advisable to those who are ederly or has chronic health issues due to lack of facility to provide for special medical needs.

SAIC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

Prosdynamic and very diverse sci / tech company, interesting work, very smart people

Consincreasing managerial hierarchiarchy, became too bureaucratic

Advice to Senior Managementreturn to earlier innovative approach

Site Lead

Site Lead (Former Employee)
    Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThe people! I worked with some of the best folks that I consider friends! Talent, ambition, dedication…the people made SAIC come to life!

ConsSAIC management was Amazing. I was fortunate to work with personnel that believed in the folks they hired. I was given opportunity that I could never have imagined. I did have some complications with certain management teams but who doesn't?

Advice to Senior ManagementThose that believe in their people and continue to empower them will reap the rewards. Those that continue to use the good old boy system…maybe not so much.

SAIC is a very good company to work for, you have never ending opportunity.

Project Control (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsThe believe in promoting within the company. The training program is very good, they have skill soft class that you can take on your on time, and you own set time.

ConsThe benefits are good, heath benefit are not bad consider other company. The company believe in you spending time with you family....

Lots of great people working for the company and they seem to really value their employees.

Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGreat benefits, personal growth, work-life balance and lost of good people in the company and it seems like the company really values their employees. No waiting period or anything for benefits. Get full benefits immediatly.

ConsWorking on a government contract can be a bit stressful when you don't know what is going on with the contract and no it is hard to show how good of a worker you our when your boss is a gov employee and you rarely see your SAIC Manager.

Great Co.

Prosone of the great company to work for

ConsI can't find anything wrong with this co.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All 1,052 reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.