SAIC

Updated Jul 19, 2014

3.3 1,062 reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines(in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees(in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC(in 32 reviews)

1,062 Employee Reviews

SAIC squandered a $500 million per year franchise in our market.

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood people. Excellent proposal development capabilities.

ConsPoor executive leadership. Executives in SAIC couldn't pour water from a boot.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some executives with vision, and then replace the entire senior leadership.

SAIC and LEIDOS are failing.

ProsThere are none. Both SAIC and LEIDOS are in Stage 4 Denial and Failure. Read "Good to Great" or "How the Mighty Fall" both by Jim Collins and it should be easy to see that both companies are capitulating into irrelevance....

ConsThe sooner both of these companies fail, the better for every American

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might fool the government but you won't fool Wall Street. SAIC stock has been a non performer and LDOS has fallen 30% since the split in October 2013..

Not impressed

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsI have a job. They do offer tuition assistance.

ConsWanted to get all employees on a new contract to accept up to a 35% pay cut because they bid really low on the contract. Let's just say that their efforts didn't work out to well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No loyalty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary and benefits. Good people.

ConsWill lay you off with no severance package after 12 years!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the management style that existed prior to becoming public. Show the employees some respect!

My experience with SAIC was in an HR role. I resigned solely because of how dishonest the entire department was.

INOVA Kellar Center Day School (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsI sincerely have nothing positive to say regarding SAIC as a whole or even just our Business Unit. I am an honest individual and with my role employees trusted those in HR. I couldn't stand how dishonestly the entire department handled so many important issues or "swept them under the rug".

ConsThere were no values or morals throughout the company.

Advice to Senior Management"Treat others the way you want to be treated"...the Golden Rule

Started out great. Ended in a ball of flames.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsIn the beginning the company was employee owned. Nothing positive to say now.

ConsRecently split off and is currently going through rounds of mass layoffs. Everyone is trying to save their own jobs, so unless you're one of the decision makers you're likely to next on the list. Even if you have coverage on a contract. They are trying to get cheaper workers on their contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to caring for your employees.

Good ol' boy network

Program Analyst (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThey pay well and have a fair amount of schedule flexibility. They seem to hire people (I am speaking of non-managers here) that are competent in their individual fields.

ConsIf you aren't an engineer, you don't exist. That's the only type of person they are really interested in. There's far too much involvement on the government side with what goes on in the company. Not enough separation between the two.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring managers who actually have some people skills. Out of the 3 managers I had, one of them was personable, approachable, and seemed minimally interested in his people. The other two were just plain HORRIBLE and frankly I can't believe the company would promote the likes of them. One in particular works in Charleston SC and she is the WORST OF THE WORST. Backstabbing, gossipping, snooping in employee's private off-site business, weird favoritism, complete lack of interest in employee growth. I get chills just thinking about it.

My experience at SAIC was HORRIBLE!!!

Associate Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThey just built the subway.

ConsLeadership, the ability to grow within your position

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more concern about your employees well being.

SAIC - Big and Unfriendly

Technical Instructor (Former Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

ProsThe salary is industry competitive. I was hired according to my skills and was paid fairly.

ConsAn HR happy company with numerous employee relations issues. The company fails with regard to career advancement. Once the contract ended, SAIC made no effort to find us placement within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to promote more of a team atmosphere.

RHD

Research Technician (Current Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsThere are no pros to the desk that I was on

ConsLow pay. Management never around. No level of management

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage people.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!