SAIC

3.5
1,163 Reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 50 reviews)

• Good benefits and lots of opportunities to expand your skill set (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 36 reviews)

• No loyalty from senior management as to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at SAIC full-time

Pros

Office culture was great. No real training provided, but friendly coworkers helped a lot. Benefits were outstanding.

Cons

I wasn't there long enough to see any promotion, but, within my group, there was no clear communication on where/how to go up.

Great company too work for

I have been working at SAIC full-time

Pros

Salary wise SAIC pays pretty good. The benefits are pretty much the industries standard. SAIC pretty much takes care of their employees.

Cons

SAIC will rarely try to compete with a counter offer. Pretty much a take it or leave it attitude. I would have liked to see more appreciation from upper management.

Very Rewarding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very proactive project mangers, company works to ensure all projects run smoothly

Cons

Contracting work, it always sucks when funding runs out

prepare for the funding lows, so you don't have to lose so many good employees. . All you skilled workers in the Security Surveillance field now work for your competitors.

Overall good company to work for

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the nice things about working at SAIC among many is that they are very flexible with schedules. My current manager understands the importance of family and when time off is needed, there is never any questions as long as there is coverage.

Cons

Sometimes management does not see all of the hard work that the employees put into their positions due to the fact that they went to a Matrix style organization. And because of this, employee's can sometimes feel as though they are not a valued asset to the company.

Go back to the business unit management style of SAIC past. This Matrix style service line management is not a good fit for our type of business.

Decent opportunities and benefits

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A large company with room for advancement and many locations to work at. Benefits are decent. Pay is comparable.

Cons

A large number of layoffs within the past two years. Company has gone out of their way to cut costs, starting at the employee level. This actual company is less than two years old. It split from Leidos in 2013. Leidos is the original SAIC, founded by Dr. Robert Beyster.

Great experience

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Great benefits, job security, great people, training,

Cons

Bias, hours, advancement, days off, tech support

Good job

Former Employee - Intern in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Intern in Huntsville, AL

I worked at SAIC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Big company which allows for
    Lots of places to put you if your job closes
    Good pay for the job
    Fairly stable place to work

Cons

Not particularly challenging or exciting. Not too much else to say about it. Can sometimes be slow on decisions.

None.

Prepare for change

Current Employee - Engineering Designer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Engineering Designer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They offer decent benefits and comprehensive leave with 9 holidays. Direct supervisors CAN be lenient with work schedule.

Cons

Benefits have fallen, management isn't consistent, ethics seem to be nothing but talk. Stock holders are #1 since company went public.

Remember the employees again. We are the reason the company did so well. Survey employees before cutting benefits to see what we think is more important. Explain policy changes truthfully. Stay out of employees' home lives. Forcing time off isn't always beneficial.

Difficult Environment to Grow Career

Former Employee - Contracts in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Contracts in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

SAIC has competitive salaries and benefits. Job opportunities are based on projects associated with SAIC's products and services in the commercial and federal markets.

Cons

The culture is competitive based on project orientation. The environment does not foster creativity, innovation or constructive debate. Career development is not a top priority and it is very difficult to move up or into other positions as advancement is politically motivated. Valuable training and mentorship is minimal.

Thanks, Veterans!

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They do offer competitive salary.

Cons

Everyone working for SAIC where I am at always complains about their leave and medical benefits. This is the first company I've ever worked for that didn't give 28 - 30 days total leave. Their on-boarding process is terrible. I mean, it's never fun, but theirs is worse than any other company I've worked for. And to top it all off, they don't give Veteran's Day as a paid holiday. Thanks Veterans! Many of SAIC's employees are Veterans and they do so much work for the military, but they don't give that day off. You do have a floating holiday you can use for that day, but a Veteran (especially a combat veteran) should not have to use a floating holiday for that day. That's just disgusting to be honest.

Push it up the chain to have Veteran's Day as a paid holiday!