SAIC Reviews

3.4
1,114 Reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

SAIC Review

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

opportunity, values, culture, resources, management

Cons

politics, tedium, competition, backstabbers, closed-mindedness

have some compassion

SAIC a company in flux but still a great place to work

Former Employee - Engineering Designer  in  Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Engineering Designer in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SAIC provides great learning and intellectual growth opportunities through their world-wide project base yet maintains a casual work environment.

Cons

Many technical employees are responsible for maintaining an average goal of ~95% time sold.

Attempt to cross-train existing, long time employees (10+ years of service?) to another business function where they may be more advantageous to the company before terminating.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Time-off is excellent more than 2 weeks. Good company values, great benefits

Cons

When your contract ends it may be difficult to find another job with SAIC

Company need to try and retain employees who have worked with them for years.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The jobs are stable and the people I work with are wonderful. My managers lead by example. My government customer encourages growth and makes sure the employees are treated fair and with respect.

Cons

the pay could be a little better but, I am happy and that's something you cant put a price on.

Limited opportunities

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Has a good P/E ratio, but that is built on its employees.

Cons

It is amazing their still in business and have contracts. Most of their customers tire of their poor business practice's after awhile and actively look of a new company. They are wanting to increase the churn factor with its employees, to have the lowest skill set, but the highest mark up. No opportunities to advance, train and have a seat of the pants compensation and benefits. The statement " we are like the other guys" was actual stated management statement. Work Life balance is basically none. The old adage is charge for your time and charge it right is that is old. Management just wants deliverables complete on time, even though they over work the people doing the jobs, yet pay them for 40. Then once the task is complete, toss them.

None, but to the retail and large stock investors, beware of this stock

Worse contracting firm ever

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you get a good customer, its easy to make a difference since most govt employees and contracting managers dont like to do "work" - they just like being in charge and going to meetings.

Cons

Most employees are retired or ex-military - some are ok, but most are arrogant, lazy, and largely inept (especially the air force ones). I guess they don't like the fact that they couldn't get govt. jobs, so they take it out on junior personnel. If your contract goes, you are out of luck, they wont carry you on overhead. You are a tool for the company to make money on - little else.

Enjoyed!

Former Employee - ITS  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - ITS in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

A lot of great people to work with and learn from. When it was employee owned it couldn't have been better. You could really tell that even management cared about the employees and it showed when reviews/increases were done and just in general throughout the year. It was a great place to learn a lot of different things.

Cons

When it went public you could really tell that the culture of the company changed. Business is business though. The company looking out for new share holders forgot that the employees were also share holders.

consider hiring back employees that although were laid off were also offered to move to other locations but were unable to.

Was better, recent changes have been negative.

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Will try to find you another position if your position loses coverage.

Many locations across the world.

Seems genuinely concerned that employees charge their time accurately.

Cons

Starting January 2013, the health care benefits are terrible.

Split off from Leidos last year as well, less opportunities to move within the company.

No more quarterly morale events since going to the new Service Line strategy for management.

Give us the 3rd option for the decent healthcare we had in 2012 and prior.

The Service Line idea isn't working.

SAIC was great. Leidos stands for "Lies Before Us"

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SAIC was a great, dynamic company where my co-owners kept each other energized. The benefits were great and the company shared our success with us.

Cons

Since SAIC went public, it has gone downhill quickly. Lack of focus, leadership, increasing levels of management and bureaucracy.....lip service...and I found my management would not honor their commitments or promises. I left when promises made to me were not kept and my management outright lied to me about it.

Honor promises and commitments and hire scrupulous and honest people.

A loyal company...as long as they're billing you at 2-3x to the USG

Former Employee - Network Engineer III  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer III in Washington, DC

I worked at SAIC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It's a place to work where they give you money in exchange for your time, so that's something. There are (presumably) a lot of opportunities to move around.

Cons

Let's face it--this place is a body shop. They throw a minimal number of bodies at a contract to keep the margins up, but will fling a bunch more at a contract when it's getting close to renewal. And you'd better hope they win it, because you've only got two weeks to find a new one if they don't, which is roughly the period of the announcement, depending on the contract. Benefits are barely average, and there are a number of mandatory meetings not billable to the customer so you're expected to "make up" that time. A lot of contracts require a clearance--if you don't have one, the opportunities dwindle rapidly.
    Work there if you must, but keep your resume updated and keep one eye on the door.

Understand that the company's success is predicated on the employees, not your ability to jigger numbers on a spreadsheet. Your employees have two bosses, the customer and you, so go light on the MBA nonsense and trust that your employees are doing the job you hired them for.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!