SAMCO Reviews

S&T Investment Banking

Current Employee - Institutional Fixed Income Sales  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Institutional Fixed Income Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SAMCO

Pros

The management here is absolutely exceptional. SAMCO is a firm comprised of older, seasoned salespeople. They recently have been hiring younger salespeople in an effort to replace some people who are nearing retirement. They have hired 4 to date and expect to continue hiring.

The support provided by more seasoned people is fantastic. Everyone is respectful of one another and there is a good flow of information/knowledge. The COO (JM) is the best manager I have ever met or worked for.

SAMCO has high payout ratios in their commission structure. They do not pressure people to sell items in inventory. This is not a cut-throat firm.

Cons

Offerings tend to be smaller. They focus on BQ deals and Texas paper. They are trying to change this, hiring a new banker to focus on negotiated deals and doing some national sydicate deals.

I love working here and plan to stay long term. This is somewhere I can grow and be successfull, while having a good work life balance.

Underappreciated

Current Employee - Head of Security (Supposed to BE Full-time)  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Head of Security (Supposed to BE Full-time) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SAMCO part-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers, seasonal, flexibility, coworkers, a job

Cons

Disorganization, lack of communication, human resources, unqualified management, lack of training

Don't forget those who were always ready and willing

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SAMCO

Pros

Exposure to client contact not likely to experience at larger firms, at least at the entry level. Also had the opportunity to work a broad range of sales responsibilities. This included statement analysis, monthly report writing, composition of marketing materials, etc..

Cons

No formal training program, but the Senior Managers all have 15+ years of experience in Public Finaance, so it's not like they need it.

Implement some structured training and continuing education program.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like working for the family business.

Current Employee - Operations and Compliance Officer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations and Compliance Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at SAMCO

Pros

A public company with a small company mentality. I was as close to the people in Austin and Dallas as I was to those I worked with in NYC.

Cons

Business is slow for that market. But no layoffs.

Decide on business lines and see them through.

Worked for SAMCO? Contribute to the Community!