SAP

SAP Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 30, 2014

SAP CEO Bill McDermott

Bill McDermott

Pros
  • SAP has a great work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home(in 277 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment without a huge amount of stress or pressure(in 135 reviews)

Cons
  • In general work life balance is good, past 2013 year it has been bad for me(in 78 reviews)

• Disproportionate non-technical middle management in charge of technical projects(in 34 reviews)

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr. Consultant

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood learning experience at all level

ConsLot of pressure from customer with short implementation cycle

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change consulting organizational structure

Wonderful Job, Wonderful People to work with!!

Senior Marketing Manager II (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAvailability to Work independently and use your creativity

ConsSometimes you get lost in the corporate politics

Lost the old Spirit - but found a new one"

Global Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking with passionate and talented People. 65% of the worlds GDP runs better with SAP - so you work really can make a big Impact.

ConsIn sales very demanding and pushy. Management is either "old Boys Network" or "the new Kids on the block" (complete Teams from Oracle, IBM, etc.).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Still a good place to work but a deteriorating environment for consultants

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros- Good benefits package
    - Growth company
    - Learning materials readily available
    - Most projects are M-Th and remote Friday

Cons- No mobility to new products when company direction changes, even if certifications are obtained in the new products
    - Sales is not given incentives to promote services positions for implementation
    - Price themselves out of project positions
    - Reviews are fully focused on billable time for consultants but consultants are not given the full picture of available projects
    - Full time projects any longer than a short duration are almost non-existent
    - Focus on RDS methodology marginalizes consultants
    - Bonus allocations continue to decline

Good solutions that give business & software experience and great networking with smart professionals, partners,customer

Senior Presales Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBusiness expertise in a technology field, training, great place to learn

ConsPolitical in nature, German culture, Boys club/ Girls club culture. Highly hierarchical

Advice to Senior ManagementBreakdown hierarchy and political nature. There is nothing called a healthy competition when you pitch regions against regions and then say ONE SAP.

business process analyst

Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgood working environment
    pay well
    good way for career progression

Consno cons I love working here

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open more to employees advice

Great company to work for if you like to work independently and like to travel

Product Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosworking independently, allows you to pick your areas of interest in the particular field you are working in, every day is different with work task, so it gets never boring. Depending on job, you get to travel all over the world.

Consin certain areas career is limited, not much focus on people development, cumbersome internal processes, work load and travel can be extensive at times

Advice to Senior Managementput more effort into people development

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

For self-starters only!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat sales culture. Selling trumps politics. Growing portfolio of products in the bag. Sales management gets directly involved in moving deals along. Comp plan is getting more complex every year, but it is still comparatively straightforward and rewards overperformance.

ConsInternal processes are rigid, complex and poorly documented. Poor on boarding and training mean that when you start, expectations are high, and you're on your own. Teams, territories, managers, etc. are always in flux. Don't plan on having lots of friends at work. Very competitive. Product quality can be an issue for future sales. Product support needs work. Products are expensive. You don't get paid on maintenance and services. Net-new product only. Many roles have heavy travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementSettle the team structures down. People need to trust each other and know each other's strengths and weaknesses in order to execute complex sales cycles well. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Not much career opportunities within AGS if you are not in HQ

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat compensation, life / work balance

ConsNo career growth, too many senior managers and no direction from Senior Management on career options. So most people get stuck in same position for years

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam Leads should be more knowledgeable about the product, team member strengths, so they can better guide the team members. Also think about making career options same for any geographical location. Currently it is only open for PA and CA

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Overall good company but cares little for non-Software employees

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGoes out it's way to build a sense of community. Above average pay and likes to emphasize how important work-life balance is for every employee. Good benefits and vacation. The public has a very high opinion of services provided and the product itself.

ConsConsultants are constantly told that SAP is a software company even though more than 50% of sales comes from services. Policies are constantly tightened and tweaked to squeeze every penny from consultants who are making less than 20% of the hourly charged. Upper management is so tight with money that all consultants are overworked and more than 50% of incoming work gets fielded by partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a company posts 9 straight quarters of profits in the millions everyone gets angry about squeezing pennies. Stop trying to make so much profit and instead focus on supporting the employees.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!