SAP Reviews

1,021 Ratings

1. Vice President

Current Employee - Vice President in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Great culture and product portfolio.

Cons

Sometimes slow and complex processes

2. Fun, Challenging with rewarding work

Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP

Pros

I worked out of the US headquarters which had a great culture. Very european and relaxed yet everybody was working hard. I worked as an intern and felt as though I was given meaningful work and was actually doing something for the company, a feeling most interns cannot resonate with.

Cons

Too big of a company at times had to go through a multitude of other departments to get anything done.

3. So-so

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP

Pros

Great benefits and perks, felt very progressive and work/life balance was good

Cons

One department in particular was not a very welcoming group of employees, felt very segmented and didn't work well together.

5. Solution Architect

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

+ Few great individuals still left in this company although mostly in Germany.
    + Tons of material to all you want about SAP products and solutions.
    + Great company for sales jobs and have some really smart sales leaders all the way to the top.

Cons

- Bureaucratic setup that does not get much work done and too many middle manager who have no clue about software development.
    - Very many bad projects and failures brushed aside by smart marketing & sales teams. But not quite sure how long this will continue before things comes out.
    - Uninspiring leadership from management in running customer engagements.
    - Glory days are over and not a good place for software developers as there are not much imaginative work happening here.

Need to trim middle management, eliminate bureaucracy and rejuvenate development community before its too late.

Great company to work for with good benefits but the pay was slow to come.

Former Employee - Information Technology in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very progressive work culture which promoted collaboration and innovation. When I first got there in 2001 the benefits were 100% paid for by the company. When the bubble burst they took more and more money out of our paychecks each year. By the time I left in 2007 they were growing and starting to reward for performance.

Cons

No work from home arrangements although I understand they have relaxed that to some degree over the past few years. Many reorgs over the years which can create instability and confusion. There always seemed to be an annual reorg which put everyone on edge.

None

7. A German company in US

Former Intern - Sale Support in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Intern - Sale Support in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Everyone is working hard, in an industrial way.
    - World-class facility (Newtown Square office has a cafeteria with lunch stipend, and also a Gym)
    - Very good compensation, especially for the Sale department.

Cons

- Hard to build long-lasting relationship because of many phone conferences.
    - Not much training for the new interns/have to find my ways around in the first couple weeks.

The company's is expanding too fast and the operations/human resources cannot keep up to fully support the change. I know that you are trying to be lean in your operations ("Run simple"); that's important but I would love to see more operations and human resources changes to help me succeed in my career.

Business development

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch, gym, good benefits, stock plans

Good internal training on solutions and job function related topics

Great company events

Cons

Bonus plans & goals don't get finalized until late Q1. Performance metrics are generic and arbitrary

Annual sales team shuffle and management changes leads to confusing q1

Everyone is a "director" but if not in sales not sure what they do

Make metrics & goals more relevant to individual not just form to mark complete for HR

9. Great Internship Experience

Current Intern - GCO Presales Consultant in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Intern - GCO Presales Consultant in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Very sleek office
    Great corporate culture
    Lots of opportunities for networking and personal growth

I was able to make lasting connections which helped me transition between several positions throughout my internship. I was offered part-time positions while taking classes and turned an initial 6 month internship into 2 years and counting.

Cons

Lack of work at times.

In two of the roles I worked in I had a lot of down time. Even when I asked co-workers for additional work, it was rarely provided.

On the plus side, SAP offers various free courses you can take to gain extra experience when you have nothing else to do.

Make interns feel more important to the team

Wishy - Washy

Former Employee - RDS Consultant in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - RDS Consultant in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid workforce, especially from the technology side

Cons

Terrible strategy, organization and goals. But that is the nature of the tech business. Tenure over talent and you can get very pigeon-holed, especially into tech. Management is never in place long enough to implement their strategy and everyone suffers the wrath of sales-based management with tech left fixing everything while the sales jerks sit on the beach with all the $. Many unqualified people in high places which makes upward mobility brutal for those up-n-coming rock stars. Compensation is supposedly performance based, unless the company or your division under-performs, then they steal your $ like in 2013 when only 25% of bonuses were paid, even if you exceed your numbers by a large margin. Many VP's who know little about the technologies that they represent creates embarrassing situations in front of customers.

Cross train certain technical people into the business/sales side dammit!

Education & Training Account Executive

Former Employee - Education Sales Executive in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Education Sales Executive in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Highly regarded SW Solution company, constantly expanding offerings through corp. acquisitions... possibly too quickly. Dedicated employees & co-workers, good benefits.

Cons

Sales quota's unrealistic & unattainable for 3rd tier SAP offering; which falls far behind behind Software & Professional Services, yet quota's are higher??? Poor communication among sales divisions & misc. product teams who could have easily benefitted and improved sales opportunities collaborating as a "team". If you do not work in the software sales division, you have work cut-out for yourself, selling value as a 2nd/3rd string team member, before you even get to work with "external" customers! viewed as step-child once removed & rarely invited to come to the party. Unfortunately I reported to a insecure, micro-manager with no people skills who was very narrow minded & operated with a stove pipe mentality, she felt threatened by anyone who thought "outside the box" or dare question her directives.

Witnessed fair amount of "churn & burn" in my specific division as well as and among new hires in SW sales for new target "strategic accounts" in white space. Company needs to more fairly distribute territories & base accounts to even playing field among sales reps.Too many tiers of management and too much bureaucracy, too many hands in the pot, trying to claim ownership! Core Culture & Values that were once highly respected and strong seem to be declining.